Thread: Jets Fans at Draft were chanting "We Want Bowers"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Fans at Draft were chanting "We Want Bowers"

Did anyone else agree with them? I thought my friends and I were the only Jets Fans at Radio City who didn't want Bowers to be the Jets pick. Just not a good fit in our defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet fans that attend the draft are dopes.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    so let me get this straight this guy was projected for the longest time as a top 3 pick and there he is sittign at 30 and you WANT to TAKE him........um if you know anything about football there has got to be an obvious issue with the guy and his health if he is falling that far.

so lets see take a flyer on a guy with a bum knee or go for a guy who can maybe give you kris jenkins type of play for many years to come in the middle but at times also has the ability to move to the outside (unlike jenkins) and give you the pass rush you so need, have been wanting all year, ???????

no brainer. now guy out there and get yourself a second round safety and call it a day

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bowers is a 4-3 DE. He doesn't even fit our scheme and he has knees made of Bubble Yum.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets got burned by drafting a player with a simaler injury in D Rob. No way Tanny would take a chance at 30 now third round its a no brainer. Doubt he would be there but strange things do happen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;4013869]Bowers is a 4-3 DE. He doesn't even fit our scheme and he has knees made of Bubble Yum.[/QUOTE]

Jets play a lot of 4-3 if he fell to the 3rd round he would be worth the shot.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoever drafts this kid is going to get the best of him. He will be instantly motivated to prove everyone wrong. He is going to be pissed and play with an attitude - until (God forbid) his knee goes out. I hope that he has a productive career - except when he plays against us. ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, I don't think motivation alone will keep his knee taped together.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    let me start this by saying i am thrilled with the pick we made.

that being said ... i would not have minded if we took Bowers that low in the first round. He may have knee issues, but the guy is a monster. I doubt he will have longevity, so I am ok with the non-pick. But I bet Bowers is a beast for anywhere between 5-6 years.