Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sensing a tradeup for Brooks Reed

Jets Insider VIP

Sensing a tradeup for Brooks Reed

Judging by accounts from CBNY, Reed is a guy that Rex is VERY high on and the Jets' scouts have supposedly slapped him with a mid 2nd round grade.

I really think that if Reed makes it to the #40-50 range, the Jets will strike a deal. Perhaps with Washington.

I know it's tempting but I'd rather just sit and wait for our pick...

Don't want to give up the rest of our draft this year and don't want to give up any picks for next year. There's gonna be a good player that is available with that pick.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 04-29-2011 at 01:35 PM.

i think the jets best move is to wait it out today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I know it's tempting but I'd rather just sit and wait for our pick...

Don't want to give up the rest of our draft this year and don't want to give up any picks for next year.
    Normally I would agree, but not when we're this close to a Superbowl.

I'd gladly give up the rest of our picks this year and a 3rd next year if it means we walk away with Wilkerson and Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Judging by accounts from CBNY, Reed is a guy that Rex is VERY high on and the Jets' scouts have supposedly slapped him with a mid 2nd round grade.

I really think that if Reed makes it to the #40-50 range, the Jets will strike a deal. Perhaps with Washington.
    +1, great thread UT.

I have this same exact feeling and would be ecstatic if it can to fruition. Brooks Reed is perfect for this organization and after I heard that Rex was pushing for him at 30, you gotta think he's the real deal.

T-Rex has consistently drafted QUALITY over QUANTITY and this would be another great example of that strategy.

With our two first picks (Wilk and Reed), we get younger and more talented in our front seven with an emphasis on pass rush.

HELL NO not for Reed

All Pro
    I'm starting to get the feeling that we can wait patiently and select Reed with our 3rd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    HELL NO not for Reed
    Why, you think he'll be there staring at us in the 3rd at 94?

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I'm starting to get the feeling that we can wait patiently and select Reed with our 3rd round pick.
    or someone who is nearly as good

All League
    Brooks Reed is a fourth round talent that shot up fansite draft boards because of a good combine showing and yes, because he has hair like Clay Matthews.

There are still a ton of guys that will be there in the third round...look what happened in the first, the Jets let the draft come to them and they got a STEAL with Wilkerson.

There also seems to be a lot of confused and strange drafting this year...Locker at 8, Ponder at 12, the Pats take a developmental Tackle at 17, the Ravens FORGET to pick....very odd year.

This is a draft where the Jets need to sit and let it come to them, take the best available in the third and fourth round, maybe even make some trade downs for more picks after not having many the past few years. Time to get younger guys in to be the role players. Heck, maybe in the third, the Jets wind up with Dontay Moch or the best Safety available...

No trade ups, a trade up to the second would cost at least a third and fifth, and I don't think its neccessary.

Is he a CAn't Miss Blue Chipper...Probably not! Shore up the D Line and Calvin Pace will have 9 sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    Brooks Reed is a fourth round talent that shot up fansite draft boards because of a good combine showing and yes, because he has hair like Clay Matthews.

There are still a ton of guys that will be there in the third round...look what happened in the first, the Jets let the draft come to them and they got a STEAL with Wilkerson.

There also seems to be a lot of confused and strange drafting this year...Locker at 8, Ponder at 12, the Pats take a developmental Tackle at 17, the Ravens FORGET to pick....very odd year.

This is a draft where the Jets need to sit and let it come to them, take the best available in the third and fourth round, maybe even make some trade downs for more picks after not having many the past few years. Time to get younger guys in to be the role players. Heck, maybe in the third, the Jets wind up with Dontay Moch or the best Safety available...

No trade ups, a trade up to the second would cost at least a third and fifth, and I don't think its neccessary.
    couldn't agree more. this is the year to trust your scouting and get quality guys to round out the roster.

Nah, I disagree with that. i see him going in the 2nd round somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    Why, you think he'll be there staring at us in the 3rd at 94?
    He'll be there and we still won't take him. He is overvalued. If he's blocked he's out of the play

+1

The guy is not a toptwo round prospect...ESP at olb.

He'll be there and we still won't take him. He is overvalued. If he's blocked he's out of the play
    You think he's overvalued at our pick at the bottom of the 3rd round?

SMH.

I'd value Rex's and Kiper's opinion on him over yours... no offense. Rex loves him, and Kiper has him graded as a 90 (anything between 90-100 is elite talent). I'd give up next year's #1 for him in a heartbeat. Why wait til next year when you can grab a 1st round talent this year?

The Pats will prolly take him at 33 (hopefully not), so it's most likely irrelevant.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I'd value Rex's and Kiper's opinion on him over yours... no offense. Rex loves him, and Kiper has him graded as a 90 (anything between 90-100 is elite talent). I'd give up next year's #1 for him in a heartbeat. Why wait til next year when you can grab a 1st round talent this year?

The Pats will prolly take him at 33 (hopefully not), so it's most likely irrelevant.
    I definitely wouldn't give up next years 1st round pick, but I would easily trade our 3rd and 4th this year along with an additional 3rd next year to move up for him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post

What HE said....

They let the draft come to them and resisted the temptation to overvalue a "name" guy and wound up with a monster DT.

Curious to see what direction they take tomorrow. I guess the only silver lining out of that first half against Pittsburgh was that Rex realized that no matter how great your schemes are, you can't teach size. With Wilkerson and now Kenrick Ellis, the Jets are going to field a HUGE D-Line and allow Bart and Harris to seek and destroy, and maybe free up Pace to do some damage. All they need now is an actual playmaker at Safety and the D will be EPIC!

EPIC!!!!!!!!

Well, it was Reed to Houston at the 42nd pick. See you guys. It's been fun.