Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Cimini's scumbag comments on the Ellis pick.

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,442

    Cimini's scumbag comments on the Ellis pick.

    RichCimini
    With the 94th pick in the draft, the #Jets select druggie Kenrick Ellis, a NT from Hampton.

    RichCimini
    Kenrick Ellis facing July jury trial for felony assault charge, facing 20 yrs in prison, according to Daily Press in Newport News, Va. #Jets

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Revis Island
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    RichCimini
    With the 94th pick in the draft, the #Jets select druggie Kenrick Ellis, a NT from Hampton.

    RichCimini
    Kenrick Ellis facing July jury trial for felony assault charge, facing 20 yrs in prison, according to Daily Press in Newport News, Va. #Jets
    SOR, Same Old Rich. Like seriously can this guy go away and become a beat writer for a UFL team or something

  3. #3
    Someone should forward it to the Jets, along with some info for them to playback all the bull**** that was going on before the press conference. What a bunch of unprofessional ass clowns.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,975
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    What a bunch of unprofessional ass clowns.
    Sums it up nicely.

  5. #5
    everyones mad at Cimini for how he said it but the there's some truth in it. we shouldnt sit here and pretend Kenrick Ellis is an upstanding citizen just cause he's wearing green. It takes alot to get kicked out of South Carolina. It's almost impossible to have Spurrier kick you off the team. And he's still got incidents from hampton "pending legal action"

    there's a huge risk factor with this pick. People looking at this draft and saying well the DL is set for the next 5 years... maybe... maybe not.

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    everyones mad at Cimini for how he said it but the there's some truth in it.

    ... fact is "how he said it" is the main issue of this topic ...

    ... cimini has proven time & time again that he takes the most negative angle possible whenever any leeway is possible regarding the jets ...







    l_j_r

  7. #7
    No one is defending Ellis. It doesn't make it any more professional what cimini said.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns. of Virginia
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    everyones mad at Cimini for how he said it but the there's some truth in it. we shouldnt sit here and pretend Kenrick Ellis is an upstanding citizen just cause he's wearing green. It takes alot to get kicked out of South Carolina. It's almost impossible to have Spurrier kick you off the team. And he's still got incidents from hampton "pending legal action"

    there's a huge risk factor with this pick. People looking at this draft and saying well the DL is set for the next 5 years... maybe... maybe not.
    how he said it is exactly the issue. If he'd written an article stating the facts instead of tweeting derogatory terms about the guy, it would be a completely different story. Cimini is acting in his capacity as a professional journalist, and as a journalist myself, I have to say I'm stunned that he would use the term "druggie" to describe an NFL draft pick. Whether it's true or not, it's just totally unprofessional to use that kind of language. I say this as a guy who often defends him and other journalists on this board -- they seem to get slammed for any negative coverage, which isn't always fair. But this comment is really, totally unacceptable. There should be professional consequences for this.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Hopefully enough people will contact ESPN and Cimini is fired. There are 31 other teams that have countless media outlets covering them. Cimini can find another job so why must he continue to cover this team?!

    Here is the link to send a message to ESPN brass.

    http://espn.go.com/espn/contact?lang=EN&country=united states

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=229217&page=2


  10. #10
    Thanks CMart:

    To whom it may concern;

    You just lost one follower of espn. I am tired of Cimini's repeated attempts to make a point. He rarely comments on actual football, and bashes the New York Jets to a point that is embarrassing for your organization. His comments on Kenrick Ellis on his twitter account are completely unprofessional (no one defends what Ellis did - but there's a way to report - something Cimini lacks). He approaches the team like a jaded fan of a rival team. Until he is removed, I refuse to be part of anything that has to do with ESPN, especially if this is the approach the organization is going to take with sports.

    Regards,

    FORMER ESPN follower
    Not going to do anything, but I sent it anyway.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Thanks CMart:



    Not going to do anything, but I sent it anyway.

    Well done!!!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    everyones mad at Cimini for how he said it but the there's some truth in it. we shouldnt sit here and pretend Kenrick Ellis is an upstanding citizen just cause he's wearing green. It takes alot to get kicked out of South Carolina. It's almost impossible to have Spurrier kick you off the team. And he's still got incidents from hampton "pending legal action"

    there's a huge risk factor with this pick. People looking at this draft and saying well the DL is set for the next 5 years... maybe... maybe not.
    You always try to take the opposite stand from the majority. What's the matter with you?

    Cimini is a reporter. Why don't reporters write "douchebag" Belichick or "a$$clown" Terrell Owens when they talk about problem people.

    He should have written:

    With the 94th pick in the draft, the #Jets select Kenrick Ellis, a NT from Hampton with significant off the field issues.
    Or something like that.

    Yes, Ellis smokes marijuana. Does that mean Cimini can say whatever he wants? Please pretend to be a Jets fan for 5 minutes. You're on SAR's level sometimes, except his level of sarcasm let's everyone know that he doesn't pretend to believe what he writes.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You always try to take the opposite stand from the majority. What's the matter with you?
    It's Bit's schtick...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You always try to take the opposite stand from the majority. What's the matter with you?
    i am a contrarian. and I do agree that how he said it was wrong.

    i question why everyone is so fast to defend this player. if bengals drafted Ellis and cimini said the same thing would any1 here care? we are Jets fans and that is making us biased.

    WE (humans) drift toward statements that make us comfortable. and we shun those that make us unconfortable. I don't agree with the way he said it but the content is fairly accurate.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i am a contrarian. and I do agree that how he said it was wrong.

    i question why everyone is so fast to defend this player. if bengals drafted Ellis and cimini said the same thing would any1 here care? we are Jets fans and that is making us biased.

    WE (humans) drift toward statements that make us comfortable. and we shun those that make us unconfortable. I don't agree with the way he said it but the content is fairly accurate.
    I work with a contrarian. He tried to convince us that priests who molest little boys don't know any better. No one likes him.

    No one is defending the player. He has issues. But as a reporter, you can't go around and give your opinions like Cimini does. Jesus, doesn't anyone have any sense of professionalism anymore?

    If Cimini wants to call someone a druggie, he can get a username on JI and post it there, not on national news media outlets.

    Oh, and Cimini wouldn't bash the Bengals if they drafted Ellis. He probably wouldn't blink at it while waiting to fill in the name of whoever the Jets drafted in his already written negative toned bash on the team.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It's Bit's schtick...
    Just makes him look ignorant and/or like a hater sometimes.

    Sometimes things are what they are.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I work with a contrarian. He tried to convince us that priests who molest little boys don't know any better. No one likes him.

    LOL

    I've gone thru the negatives... here are the positives

    As a player there is a ton to like about Ellis. Josh B from JBscouting told me he was the most dynamic (best) small schooler this year. there were several good names. He has the potential to be amazing which is what you want out of draft picks. I don't like picks like the Eagles taking danny Watkins even tho he's got clean character and he will start, there's no upside there. Ellis has enormous, off the charts upside. 6'4" 350 and running sub 5 second 40 yard dash is a super rare skillset


    the Jets probably had him graded high enough to be their 30 pick. taking him and Wilk is a great (safe) strategy, i love the doubling down on the same position (even tho Ellis is more of an NT and Wilk is more of a DE, both can play either). remember the Jets doubled down on Andre Maddox and Kerry Rhodes it increases the chance of getting help at a need position. (the Bucs also doubled down 2 years in a row, last year with McCoy and Brian Price, this year with Clayborn and Bowers)

    I just want people to have a little balance or levity in the conversation. I loved this pick and celebrated it when it happens. But Cimini's mean comments aren't untrue. We shouldn't pretend he's mother teresa when he's quite frankly a huge risk to get his life turned around. and im not worried about the past they have lawyers that will get him off of whatever he's charged with. Im worried about the future. Playing in NYC is tough for any athlete, it will be double tough for this guy.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    LOL

    I've gone thru the negatives... here are the positives

    As a player there is a ton to like about Ellis. Josh B from JBscouting told me he was the most dynamic (best) small schooler this year. there were several good names. He has the potential to be amazing which is what you want out of draft picks. I don't like picks like the Eagles taking danny Watkins even tho he's got clean character and he will start, there's no upside there. Ellis has enormous, off the charts upside. 6'4" 350 and running sub 5 second 40 yard dash is a super rare skillset


    the Jets probably had him graded high enough to be their 30 pick. taking him and Wilk is a great (safe) strategy, i love the doubling down on the same position (even tho Ellis is more of an NT and Wilk is more of a DE, both can play either). remember the Jets doubled down on Andre Maddox and Kerry Rhodes it increases the chance of getting help at a need position. (the Bucs also doubled down 2 years in a row, last year with McCoy and Brian Price, this year with Clayborn and Bowers)

    I just want people to have a little balance or levity in the conversation. I loved this pick and celebrated it when it happens. But Cimini's mean comments aren't untrue. We shouldn't pretend he's mother teresa when he's quite frankly a huge risk to get his life turned around.
    You're right with keeping things in perspective, but that's not our job (the fans) to do. We can be hopeful. In this case, I'm worried about the trial that he has, and future events of him smoking weed. He looks like a beast at his position, and I look forward to having him chase QBs and stuff RBs.

    My gripe is about Cimini. A reporter needs to report. We, as the fans on a message board, can write whatever we want (including you!), in my opinion - which means as much as yours. Cimini needs to be a professional, which he is not - as evidence from his articles/tweets/comments.

    Chad Pennington once said "it is a privilege to report in the media" and the media jumped down his throat.

    I guess the media can write whatever they want, and get away with it.

    Cimini should be demoted, and write about a team he has no interest (one way or the other) in.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,348
    Rich the B!tch is the real scumbag. I've never seen a writer with such undue hatred for us.
    He's like a child who didn't get his way. All that sodomy he recieves from the Giants. Front office is goig to his brain.

  20. #20
    Also sent in my comments/email to ESPN on this lousy POS Cimini's deplorable behaviour. Sack the bastid!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us