Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: They don't know the microphone is on right now...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4015626]email sent

after I sent it though, I was thinking I should added in "racism" as another complaint

that is the one thing that causes media suits like espn to sh1t their pants[/QUOTE]

Just sent my email too. Lets keep em' coming :yes:

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4015634]Just sent my email too. Lets keep em' coming :yes:[/QUOTE]

Just sent one too.

Guy is such an a$$ clown. It's one thing to objectively report someone's checkered past but that tweet was below the belt.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - just read Cimini's column on Ellis vs. Manish's

Notice the difference:

Cimini:

About 30 minutes after the TV show aired on CBS, the Jets used their third-round draft pick on massive nose tackle Kenrick Ellis, [B]who is facing up to 20 years in prison on a felony assault charge. Ellis, who allegedly broke the jaw and nose of a man last April in an altercation on the Hampton (Va.) University campus[/B], is scheduled to stand trial on July 12, according to an April 27 story in the Daily Press of Newport News, Va.

Manish:

The talented but troubled Ellis' resume includes flashes of brilliance on the field and question marks off it. He reportedly faces a July 12 jury trial for a felony charge stemming from a fight last April that carries a maximum 20-year prison sentence. [B]The 6-5, 346-pound Ellis allegedly broke the nose and jaw of a man who swung a baseball bat at him.[/B]

That sure does make a huge difference in how I view that "altercation". I guess Cimini either didn't know that fact or choose to leave it out. I'm betting he choose to leave it out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detectivekimble;4015546]What kind of scumbag takes a shot at a 23 year old kid on a day the kid should be really happy and proud?[/QUOTE]

A Jets fan talking about a Pats draft pick? :confused:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent my e-mail in. I disliked the attack on Ellis by Cimini and told them so.:steamin:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sent in mine in, this time the bastid went too far. He had it coming anyway

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4015620]Hopefully enough people will contact ESPN and Cimini is fired. There are 31 other teams that have countless media outlets covering them. Cimini can find another job so why must he continue to cover this team?!

Here is the link to send a message to ESPN brass.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/espn/contact?lang=EN&country=united[/URL] states[/QUOTE]

Sent an email...Cimini's comments were unprofessional and ESPN needs to know so.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok if someone swung a bat at me id try to do far worse than breaking someone's nose and jaw.

I don't see how this clown could be against this pick.Late 3rd round 6ft 5 350 lbs nose tackle.

Really hope the resign Ellis.He could work with these young guys

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think cimini is the spawn of Fatsessa.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to complain about Cimini, I'd also write here: [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2826900[/url]

Goes to the Poynter Institute who's serving as the ombudsman for espn.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;4015735]ok if someone swung a bat at me id try to do far worse than breaking someone's nose and jaw.

I don't see how this clown could be against this pick.Late 3rd round 6ft 5 350 lbs nose tackle.

Really hope the resign Ellis.He could work with these young guys[/QUOTE]

Right on all counts. We need to be rid of this arrogant pri&k Cimini

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=beanball;4015741]If you want to complain about Cimini, I'd also write here: [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2826900[/url]

Goes to the Poynter Institute who's serving as the ombudsman for espn.[/QUOTE]

excellent link. Thank you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    People should definitely play up the racist aspect, ESPN will be compelled to act if the race card is played. Can't think of a jagoff more deserving of getting screwed over by the race card than Cimini.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cimini could have phrased it better but it doesn't change what happened or what could happen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;4015520]Because he's very sanctimonious and full of himself, not to mention mean-spirited[/QUOTE]

....Not to mention depressed and miserable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I often defend the press, and even Cimini, against the attacks on this board. Sometimes it seems that Jets fans take personal offense at any negative article written about the team, fair or not.

This, however, is outrageous. One of the most inappropriate comments I can ever remember from a journalist acting in their professional capacity. I'm a journalist myself, and I'm totally shocked. "Druggie"? Are you serious? Insults and derogatory terms are, frankly, inappropriate almost anywhere (even internet message boards, IMO), but for a journalist who's on the job, it's a complete breach of professional conduct. Not to mention, as many have said, just lousy and mean-spirited. He should have professional consequences.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    complaints sent to both links, lets get this pathetic excuse fired

either the OP should change the title to get people in here to send complaints or someone start a thread for specifically sending complaints to the links and sticky it

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4015763][B]Cimini could have phrased it better[/B] but it doesn't change what happened or what could happen.[/QUOTE]

That's the point! It was unprofessional. Period.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sent in my two cents to both
    Thanks for the links

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    part deux