Thread: Favorite draft in the history of the world times ten.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite draft in the history of the world times ten.

Finally they go DL, and when they do the 3rd round pick has as much or more upside as the first round pick. Finally this 3-4 has some 3-4 sized DL with no rust on them, no major injuries, no nothing but upside and then/and/or downside. 660+ pounds of fresh face to the D, the DL, and the futcha. Good stuff. I actually yelled (cursed, I'm unevolved) when I read that Ellis was the pick late tonight. Good stuff indeed.

Ellis - DeVito - Wilkerson is the DL I want to see, with Pouha rotation in at all the spots. One, because that'd be a good indicator that these guys are ridiculous, and two because DeVito's already shown to be a mediocre pass rush/awesome run stopper. Ellis could be that, but with his size, youth, and athleticism he just might offer more against the pass. Our DL talent now > Miami's for the best in the division, the Pats still miss Seymour, and Buffalo only has two. Soon, the world.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ellis is gonna be on the nose, and WIlkerson will be 5-tech and kick in to 3-tech on some downs...

Devito - Ellis - Pouha - Wilks - Ellis - Ropati - MTV - Jenkins(?)! THink Rex is gonna like playing with those pieces?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    Ellis is gonna be on the nose, and WIlkerson will be 5-tech and kick in to 3-tech on some downs...

Devito - Ellis - Pouha - Wilks - Ellis - Ropati - MTV - Jenkins(?)! THink Rex is gonna like playing with those pieces?
    Thats a qb murderers row. We could bludgeon OLs and their qb from the first quarter to the end with all this heavy artillery. And if we bring back Big Jenks on the cheap thats some serious beef and carnivorous beasts on the line

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i highly doubt jenkins is back, especially considering he said he wants to play on grass, not turf (because of his knees or whatever).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post

I think we'll be surprised to see Ellis getting looks at DE. It's a waste of his youth and athleticism to throw him at the nose immediately without checking out to see what he could possibly do outside. Especially when the Jets know they have two guys like DeVito and Pouha who are excellent against the run.

I do think I'm gonna retract my statement that the DL talent is > Miami's...that's a little homerish...I'd rank the division like so:

1 - Miami - Langford, Starks, Solail or w/e, Odrick, Merling, Baker, McDaniel
    2 - Jets - DeVito, Pouha, Wilkerson, Ellis, Dixon, Ellis, MTV, Gilbert
    3 - Pats - Wilfork, Warren, Wright, bs.
    4 - Bills - Dareus and Kyle Williams.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-30-2011 at 10:23 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are people penciling in Ellis and Wilkerson as starters? I love the picks, but keep your expectations in check, especially early on. They'll be a part of the rotation, but for next year I expect Pouha to be the starting NT again with DeVito at one of the end spots. If they're able to keep Ellis for a reasonable price, he'll be the other starting end.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I hope they're starters. They're talented and skilled enough to do it, and really there's only guys slightly above JAG level blocking them unless Ellis is brought back.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about Ropi? The wingspan on the D-line has improved dramatically. I expect to see a lot of batted down balls this year to disrupt the offense from attacking the middle of our defense (which was the weakness this past year).

I think Jenkins will be gone and I hope they resign the Katt to a fair deal to school the kids as he has experience playing every position on the line.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    What about Ropi? The wingspan on the D-line has improved dramatically. I expect to see a lot of batted down balls this year to disrupt the offense from attacking the middle of our defense (which was the weakness this past year).

I think Jenkins will be gone and I hope they resign the Katt to a fair deal to school the kids as he has experience playing every position on the line.
    Ropi has climbing to do. He might not even make the team. Rex dropping his name did alt for him, but not enough.