Thread: Does drafting Mo Wilk and K. Ellis change our approach today

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Does drafting Mo Wilk and K. Ellis change our approach today

As I thought about this last night, drafting Mo Wilk and Ellis changes our front 3 (or 4 when we use it). It very well may give us the strength of getting pressure with 3 or 4 players instead of sending 5 or 6. Do you think by drafting these guys our need for a rush OLB is less now (for this draft)? Can we get by with Pace and/or B.Thomas now that we have 2 young guys that can collapse the pocket up front?
    Last edited by CTJetsFanII; 04-30-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think their addition means PACE stays clean and upright! Thus he will get 10 plus sacks this year. Still a guy like ACHO would help greatly.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4015687]I think their addition means PACE stays clean and upright! Thus he will get 10 plus sacks this year. [/QUOTE]

... this :yes: ...

... our stand up olb pass rusher was here all along :cool: ... more push from the front 3 could bring about the return of vintage calvin pace!!! :iwon: ...

l_j_r

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4015687]I think their addition means PACE stays clean and upright! Thus he will get 10 plus sacks this year. Still a guy like ACHO would help greatly.[/QUOTE]

I agree Pace won't have to run through heavy traffic to nail the qb anymore. Furthermore, adding some young gun with wheels like Acho/Carfter just focussed on rushing the passer in obvious passing situations should help the D overall and keep offnses unsettled. More impact players and tools for Rexy to craft and let loose

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like a pass rusher in round 4, maybe trade up for Acho, and Ahmad Black in round 5.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4015713]... this :yes: ...

... our stand up olb pass rusher was here all along :cool: ... more push from the front 3 could bring about the return of vintage calvin pace!!! :iwon: ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

vintage pace includes needing the juice. he just needs to not get caught this time. ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If a Chris Carter slips to our spot, I'm sure we'd pounce. But don't forget Jamaal Westernan. Would have played a lot last year if not for JT. He sort of reminds me of Cotchery during the Herm era. Always solid in limited opportunities, but never really getting a shot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Ro 25;4015781]I'd like a pass rusher in round 4, maybe trade up for Acho, and Ahmad Black in round 5.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this. Trade up for Acho, and get Black.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think the jets need to go for the best player regardless of position except for maybe qb. this is where they need to fill out the special teams and practice squad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;4015796]If a [b]Chris Carter[/b] slips to our spot, I'm sure we'd pounce. But don't forget Jamaal Westernan. Would have played a lot last year if not for JT. He sort of reminds me of Cotchery during the Herm era. Always solid in limited opportunities, but never really getting a shot.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. I don't want anyone with that stinking name anywhere near this team. That piece of sh-t.