Thread: Mike Mayock is having a great draft!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike Mayock is having a great draft!

He was spot on the last 2 days. Calling picks before they would happen. He is even better in the later rounds. Kiper & Gruden are unwatchable. NFL network is way better than ESPN for draft coverage

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't he fed that information by NFLN? A couple of years ago I remember Schefter (when he worked for NFLN) would announce the picks minutes before they were announced in the podium.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesangleton View Post
    He was spot on the last 2 days. Calling picks before they would happen. He is even better in the later rounds. Kiper & Gruden are unwatchable. NFL network is way better than ESPN for draft coverage
    Not to be cynical but I think these guys are getting the drafted players in their ear minutes before the pick is announced..

jason la canfora of nfl.com was tweeting the picks before they were announced. That's not to disagree with how much better NFLN is than ESPN..ESPN is unwatchable!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Not to be cynical but I think these guys are getting the drafted players in their ear minutes before the pick is announced..

jason la canfora of nfl.com was tweeting the picks before they were announced. That's not to disagree with how much better NFLN is than ESPN..ESPN is unwatchable!
    That could be the case (Mayock getting the pick before the announcement) but his expalnation on why he thinks the pick will go down is so detailed. And I though Laconfora & Lombardi are much better than Mortensen & Shefter as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesangleton View Post
    That could be the case (Mayock getting the pick before the announcement) but his expalnation on why he thinks the pick will go down is so detailed. And I though Laconfora & Lombardi are much better than Mortensen & Shefter as well.
    Completely agree!!!! NFLN is so much better than ESPN..It's not even close.

Mayock mentioned Ellis to the Jets as a possibility a minute before the announcement and I was praying he was right...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like mayock a lot, but his lovefest for the Patriots last night was nauseating. I'm sure espn wasn't any better, but I just expect more from mayock I guess.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    I like mayock a lot, but his lovefest for the Patriots last night was nauseating. I'm sure espn wasn't any better, but I just expect more from mayock I guess.

ESPN worshiping #Patriots for "seeing something in Ryan Mallett no one else did." What would stories be like if #Bengals took him?

https://twitter.com/#!/evansilva

That says it all...And it pertains to all of the media..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post

I agree with this, they are afraid to say a bad thing about the pats questionable draft. Mostly good but someone has to take the pats to task.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The worst part was that mayock said he had Ridley as a 6th round pick but then completely ignores that fact and continues the pats lovefest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tough decision...Watch/listen to NFLN online or mute NFLN and listen to Sirius NFL Radio with Pat Kirwan and Gil Brandt...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I agree with this, they are afraid to say a bad thing about the pats questionable draft. Mostly good but someone has to take the pats to task.
    The amount of "man love" for the Pats and how they handle the draft is nauseating. If the draft was measured by how many times you move down than there would no need to play games because the Pats win hands down. Can some of the media types tell me with their aging defense and all the picks they had why didn't they address that need?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revoling and sickening how they suck up to the Pats. Have some dignity and professionalism guys...to much for ask for?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason Schefter and La Cafora knew the picks were because they read the cards as they were sent to the front. It could have easily been sent to Mayock...but there has to be some ethics ruling on this...right?