Thread: This RB pick is a head scratcher for me

All League

This RB pick is a head scratcher for me

With Green, Tomlinson, and McKnight, I don't see the need, and I don't see the value with this kid out of Louisville. Not with some of the names on Defense that were left that also filled roster needs.

I trust the FO, but I'm scratching my head on this 4th rounder.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tomlinson is old as hell and there's no guarantee he'll be back. Greene is solid but is injury prone and has yet to prove that he can be the go-to guy. McKnight is a total question mark.

I don't think it's that much of a head scratcher.

I admittedly know nothing about Powell but Mayock was really high on the kid.

In a SNY interview the other day Rex was asked if he had a hand picked player this year like Connor was last year. He said yes and the player was on offense but played with a defenders attitude. I wonder if this is the guy?

Jets Insider VIP
    The entire draft makes sense to me.

IN: Wilkerson Out: S. Ellis
    IN: K. Ellis Out: Jenkins (will not resign him)
    IN: Powell Out: LT (youth at runningback)
    IN: Kerley Out: Smith (Holmes / Edwards higher priority)

I see OT and LB as potential round 7 picks. Bottom line, find money to keep Holmes, Cormartie, and Edwards.

I trust tannenbaum's late round RB drafting. leon washington and greene turned out great, mcknight remains to be seen but I trust him to pick a good RB in the 4th round

tomlinson might not be back.he looked spent at r.b. the last few games
    Last edited by jets rooter; 04-30-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJet View Post
    The entire draft makes sense to me.

IN: Wilkerson Out: S. Ellis
    IN: K. Ellis Out: Jenkins (will not resign him)
    IN: Powell Out: LT (youth at runningback)
    IN: Kerley Out: Smith (Holmes / Edwards higher priority)

I see OT and LB as potential round 7 picks. Bottom line, find money to keep Holmes, Cormartie, and Edwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    tomlinson might not be back.he looked spent at r.b. the last few games
    I'm pretty sure I read that it was said LT was coming back.

All Pro
    I think LT is done. He might have a couple of good games to start the year like he did last year, but he really fell off... and it will only get worse this year.

Use him up for 3 or 4 games and move on to the kids.

Speaking of RBs, I can't believe Derrick Locke wasn't picked. He must have some serious skeletons in his closet, because he was one of the fastest players in the SEC.

werent we going to cut richardson last year to only keep because he served as a mentor to others? Do we usually carry two full backs?

4 RB 1 FB.

Good insurance policy, backup and complement to War Machine et al

Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    With Green, Tomlinson, and McKnight, I don't see the need, and I don't see the value with this kid out of Louisville. Not with some of the names on Defense that were left that also filled roster needs.

I trust the FO, but I'm scratching my head on this 4th rounder.
    JMO I think its just insurance if Shonne greene gets hurt.( Who would fill that role- power back as the other backs( LT and mcknight) are total diffrent kind of Rb's. Lets face it, the biggest question with Shonne Greene is durabilty- can he stay healthy. When your offense revolves around the run game, you can't leave yourself thin there.

Also down the road with the NFl planning on going to 18 games, you better have more backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    JMO I think its just insurance if Shonne greene gets hurt.( Who would fill that role- power back as the other backs( LT and mcknight) are total diffrent kind of Rb's. Lets face it, the biggest question with Shonne Greene is durabilty- can he stay healthy. When your offense revolves around the run game, you can't leave yourself thin there.

Also down the road with the NFl planning on going to 18 games, you better have more backs.
    Oh look who's in, its Smeagol no one's interested in ur lame "opinion" gtfo. Leave the thinking to the grown ups