Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Hard to believe we didn't draft an OLB

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to believe we didn't draft an OLB

I guess Rex likes Westerman & Cody Brown better than this years draft class. Bryan Thomas is like permanent marker. You can't get rid of him. I hope witht the addition of Wilkerson & Ellis our LB's will get to the QB more. I am kind of bumbed we didn't get an OLB

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or a safety...

Looks like they learned their lesson from the AFCCG, but are ignoring 45-3...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am also disappointed, but we still have free agency. We may not take a shot at Woodley, but there are second tier guys who could be interesting, such as Kiwanuka.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    they did sign CFL Garrett MacIntyre

but agreed this was surprising.

the draft isn't over yet... maybe in rd 7?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    they did sign CFL Garrett MacIntyre

but agreed this was surprising.

the draft isn't over yet... maybe in rd 7?
    OT / LB in round 7....all is beginning to make sense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    Or a safety...

Are you honestly knocking them for not taking a safety in one of the worst safety classes in recent memory?

Really?

The way I see it, we walked away with two of the best DL prospects from the deepest DL class in 20+ years.

We also effectively replaced Brad Smith and added a promising young RB who can hopefully replace McKnight if he doesn't get his sh*t togther.

Added a decent developmental QB prospect so we can finally get rid of Clemens and added Sanchez' longtime bestfriend to the mix.

Pretty sweet haul if you ask me. Are you really going to piss on this draft just because we didn't take some passrusher in the 6th round who will most likely be lucky to average 3 or 4 sacks a year, if he even makes the team at all?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

OLBs...

They didn't take one likely because they feel that the set-up guys up front (DLs) needed to be upgraded than the playmakers (OLBs). If that is the case, I agree with that thinking 100%.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jamal Westerman and Cody Brown, we have guys on the bottom of the roster that were probably better players than anything out there after the 5th round.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Jamal Westerman and Cody Brown, we have guys on the bottom of the roster that were probably better players than anything out there after the 5th round.
    Thats true these guys are already familiar with the Jets system and ready to step up. Besided Brown was a former 2nd round pick I believe

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    Or a safety...

If there's one thing I take from last season is that the chapter is closed on the 45-3 game.

The Jets closed it as a team, but no one helped close it harder than S Eric Smith.