Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: First pick in the 2012 NFL Draft is ...

  1. #21
    prisco is a douche nozzle but this is a pretty good 2012 article

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...2012-nfl-draft

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    400
    I guess this means we'll revert to trading up -- tough to find a quality OLB with the 32nd pick.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Okay, fine, its Luck. Let's pick some guys who could be targets for the Jets in the first round.

    Since the Jets did not address OLB, lets look at the following throughout the year:

    Donte Paige-Moss - DE/OLB North Carolina

    Courtney Upshaw - DE/OLB Alabama

    Devin Taylor - DE/OLB South Carolina

    Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State (Jr.): He had 14 sacks as a sophomore and should be even better in 2011. He is an end at FSU, but can move to an outside 3-4 rush linebacker.

    Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska: He has been a big-time contributor the past two years for the Huskers. He can play 4-3 tackle or end in a 3-4.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...2012-nfl-draft

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State (Jr.): He had 14 sacks as a sophomore and should be even better in 2011. He is an end at FSU, but can move to an outside 3-4 rush linebacker.

    Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska: He has been a big-time contributor the past two years for the Huskers. He can play 4-3 tackle or end in a 3-4.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...2012-nfl-draft
    Just looked him up, looks like a stud. He had two sacks against Costonzo last year.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I could easily see a scenario where Carolina ends up with the #1 pick again next year. That team was/is horrible and their going to have a green QB starting this year anyway you slice it (Newton or Clausen). Not to mention that their best player on offense, Steve Smith, wants out of town.

    Imagine that, having the best QB prospect in the past 10+ years staring you in the face, and you're forced to pass because you gave Cam f*cking Newton a $60 million dollar contract the year before.

    I would riot in the streets if I was a Panthers fan.
    I would shop Newton like crazy for 2nd-3rd rounder and take Luck.

    I'm kind of serious. Luck is worth the sunk cost of Newton.

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Okay, fine, its Luck. Let's pick some guys who could be targets for the Jets in the first round.

    Since the Jets did not address OLB, lets look at the following throughout the year:

    Donte Paige-Moss - DE/OLB North Carolina

    Courtney Upshaw - DE/OLB Alabama

    Devin Taylor - DE/OLB South Carolina
    A guy I like is Brandon Lindsey of Pitt. Only in his second year of DE he led Pitt in sacks over Sheard. 6-2 250 and pretty fast.

    And the new Pitt coach has created a specific hybrid DE/OLB position for him, so he will be coming into the NFL comfortable playing at 3-4 OLB, so teams don't have to worry if he can transition like a lot of college DE's.
    Last edited by Woody56; 05-02-2011 at 04:27 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan 51 View Post
    Luck will go to the Raiders
    Luck not going 32. hes going to be the first pick in the draft.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Luck not going 32. hes going to be the first pick in the draft.
    LOL ahhh you certainly provide laughs that is for sure.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Luck not going 32. hes going to be the first pick in the draft.
    Haha

    That's so cute.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Haha

    That's so cute.
    This raider team going to be dangerous.

    Who has a more explosive Rb committee (mcfadden , Bush and taiwan jones ) Who has one of the best Fbs - Marcel reece. How about TE zach miller

    A emerging young Wr corp that just needs the oline to pass protect better . Chaz schilens 2, Louis Murphy, 3 Jacoby Ford, 4. Denarious Moore and5DHB

    A young oline that has a chance to be special . will eventually look something like this . LT jared veldheer LG Joseph Barksdale C stefan wisniewski Rg Bruce campbell and a FA Rt- Jared gaither. Rg

    A solid Qb in Jason campbell .

    One of the deepest and best dline in the game.Not to mention alot of guys that can get to the Qb.
    a Young good looking Lbcorp WLB Travis Goethel MLB rolando MCClain and Sslb K wimbley
    If Raiders lose asomugha his lost will hurt but they do have a very deep secondary and alot of talent for Rod woodson to work with.

    Two of the best kickers in the game.

    Yes when its all said amnd done thisraiders team making a deep run in the playoffs. You will see in week three what Im so excited about.
    Even cuter was this message he sent me lol.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    +1

    Luck is that once every 10-20 Years QB prospect, an Elway'esque prospect as UT correctly pointed out, so there's no way you can pass on him if you're Carolina, you have to trade Newton to the highest bidder and take the big hit on Newton's signing bonus ... it hurts to swallow that much loot, but it will hurt a lot more if you pass on Andrew Luck.
    The best part is... he might not even be that expensive if the new rookie pay scale is in place!

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    +1

    Luck is that once every 10-20 Years QB prospect, an Elway'esque prospect as UT correctly pointed out, so there's no way you can pass on him if you're Carolina, you have to trade Newton to the highest bidder and take the big hit on Newton's signing bonus ... it hurts to swallow that much loot, but it will hurt a lot more if you pass on Andrew Luck.
    alot can happen between now and 2012. Andrew Luck could fall down the stairs, bump his head and forget how to throw a football.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Just looked him up, looks like a stud. He had two sacks against Costonzo last year.
    I would love to get BJenks but he will probably be a top 20 pick if he comes out. Another person to look for out of FSU is Xavier Rhodes. He is a big time corner.

  14. #34
    Next year I want to come away with a big time LBer OR if they wanted to crazy folks then one of Jeffery/Blackmon/Floyd. Or just draft Toon's kid out of Wisconsin. Crick would be fine too.

    Brandon Jenkins is very interesting. He moves. Definitely needs to add size, but definitely FSU's DE to watch this year.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 05-03-2011 at 10:42 PM.

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,085
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    alot can happen between now and 2012. Andrew Luck could fall down the stairs, bump his head and forget how to throw a football.
    Yes, let's throw the most drastic scenario out there.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Even cuter was this message he sent me lol.
    This girls foolishness never stops

  17. #37
    Stanford's Luck headlines early look at top 2012 draft prospects


  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    The only way Andrew Luck is not going #1 next year is if the world comes to an end prior to April 2012
    Most likely reason he would not go #1 overall is because he's a redshirt junior and could return to school for a 5th season -- ala Eli Manning and Jake Locker. I know he really loves school, is very smart (MIT caliber, according to a professor) and has a loaded dad, who played in the N.F.L., once ran NFL Europe and a successful M.L.S. team (Houston) and is now the AD @ West Virginia.

    But my guess is someone as smart as Luck won't need 5 years to graduate. He'll move forward with the class of freshmen he entered school with and will worry about a potential 'Masters degree' once he's done with football, if he wants that. Even a 'serious injury' might not stop him -- check Sam Bradford?

    Hammer, don't take my soccer reference lightly. Andrew played soccer growing up in Europe (when Oliver ran NFLE) and it's said to be one of the reasons he possesses such "amazing footwork" in the pocket for a college quarterback. I agree, this kid might be the best since Elway -- I can't remember anyone as good. Heck, Peyton Manning, as great as he was, wasn't rated that much higher than Leaf coming out. I think Luck might've gone #1 overall in 2010 & would've absolutey gone #1 in 2011...that's saying a lot.



    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I could easily see a scenario where Carolina ends up with the #1 pick again next year. That team was/is horrible and their going to have a green QB starting this year anyway you slice it (Newton or Clausen). Not to mention that their best player on offense, Steve Smith, wants out of town.

    Imagine that, having the best QB prospect in the past 10+ years staring you in the face, and you're forced to pass because you gave Cam f*cking Newton a $60 million dollar contract the year before.

    I would riot in the streets if I was a Panthers fan.
    I agree 100%, that's one of the reasons why I thought Carolina should've gone elsewhere with the #1 overall pick. Clausen was a joke in 2010 and Cam Newton, with just one year of college experience, might not be much better as a rookie...My early guess is Carolina will easily finish in last place once again....Repeat of the Kotite era were the Jets had back-to-back #1 overall's in '96 & '97.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins44 View Post
    Clausen was a joke in 2010 and Cam Newton, with just one year of college experience, might not be much better as a rookie...My early guess is Carolina will easily finish in last place once again....Repeat of the Kotite era were the Jets had back-to-back #1 overall's in '96 & '97.
    it's possible. I tend to believe there are enough bad defenses out there and he will get enough ref calls to get em to 6 or 7 wins. Remember when VY won 6 games in a row... the league takes care of its stars.

  20. #40
    I'd be shocked if Carolina won 6 or 7 games, but it's always possible, as the league is so unpredicatable. I think, as always, the team finishing in last could be a team none of us expect to have a terrible season, but does -- Seattle, Jacksonville, San Fran, Tampa or Arizona?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us