Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Please leave congratulatory messages for President Obama here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4019818]He did his job. He put his political life on the line to get the man he promised he'd find cowering in Pakistan.

Nobody is against you here but a small minority. For once, Conservatives are on his side on something and we're proud of him. What more do you want :i_dont_kn[/QUOTE]

I voted for him, but I thought he was full of **** when he said he'd go into Pakistan to get Bin Laden. What's more, when he said go into Pakistan, everyone assumed he meant somewhere slightly over the border, where Pakistani government doesn't really have much control (so who would really give it a ****?).

The only thing I question is if they really dumped in the ocean about 16 hours after the fact. Claiming that was smart, but actually doing that probably wasn't so smart.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][CENTER]Voted for Obarmer? Embarassed yet?[/CENTER][/B]

[CENTER][img]http://newsnet7.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/osama_bin_laden_dead0001_66.jpg[/img][img]http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/2009/05/gm_factory.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

[IMG]http://cbsdetroit.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/obama_birth_certificate.jpg?w=420[/IMG]

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maury77;4019433]Bush failed us by taking his foot off the pedal in Afghanistan once the Taliban were defeated. He should have done whatever needed to be done to bring Bin Laden in. Did some of his policies lead to the intelligence that resulted in Bin Laden being captured? Yes, according to some of the reports that I just read. And he should be applauded for that. I still won't forget the con job he pulled in Iraq that took the focus off of the man who directed the murder of over 3,000 Americans.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was a confounding move; had them on the run and we quit. :dunno:

I never served, but the [U]retired[/U] servicemen I spoke to in 2004 were enraged and very discouraged. I did not speak anyone on active duty, fwiw.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4019959][B][CENTER]Voted for Obarmer? Embarassed yet?[/CENTER][/B]

[CENTER][img]http://newsnet7.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/osama_bin_laden_dead0001_66.jpg[/img][img]http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/2009/05/gm_factory.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

[IMG]http://cbsdetroit.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/obama_birth_certificate.jpg?w=420[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Obarmer?

That picture of the dead guy has been proven fake, btw.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4020026]Obarmer?

That picture of the dead guy has been proven fake, btw.[/QUOTE]

The media are idiots and don't know how to ask the proper questions. The Press Sec. just said that OBL's wife was not used as a human shield, but was actually shot in the leg and not killed. There was also a suggestion that not everyone was killed in the raid and a lot of the people in the house weren't armed. So why don't they ask where the **** are these other people and what do they know? It only seemed like the most obvious question to me...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detectivekimble;4020070]The media are idiots and don't know how to ask the proper questions. The Press Sec. just said that OBL's wife was not used as a human shield, but was actually shot in the leg and not killed. There was also a suggestion that not everyone was killed in the raid and a lot of the people in the house weren't armed. So why don't they ask where the **** are these other people and what do they know? It only seemed like the most obvious question to me...[/QUOTE]

I believe I read somewhere that the Pakistani authorities have them. There is also speculation that we planned on taking them with us, but could not since one of the helicopters had to be detonated.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4020079]I believe I read somewhere that the Pakistani authorities have them. There is also speculation that we planned on taking them with us, but could not since one of the helicopters had to be detonated.[/QUOTE]

This is even more impressive. Our guys could have capped their asses and could have easily said that they got "caught in the crossfire." Great precision and brains on the part of the SEALs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4019719]You can call it a con job all you want but the bottom line is that a ruthless dictator who butchered his own people and hated America is gone. Given the opportunity to fund or some how been involved in a terrorist attack against America - I have no doubt Saddam would have jumped at the chance. Now we don't have to worry about him any more.[/QUOTE]

Great, now we can worry about Iran who no longer has an enemy right next door.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detectivekimble;4019947]The only thing I question is if they really dumped in the ocean about 16 hours after the fact.[/QUOTE]

You are definitely on to something.

Sending Osama Bin Laden's body to the bottom of the ocean, never to be seen again, within hours of allegedly being killed is suspicious.

And the White House explanation that Osama Bin Laden was disposed of this way, and so quickly, was to avoid retaliation by Al Queda is complete BULL S**T!!!

WAKE UP, JETS FANS!!

THE WHITE HOUSE IS LYING TO US ON A MASSIVE SCALE!

:jets17

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4020525]You are definitely on to something.

Sending Osama Bin Laden's body to the bottom of the ocean, never to be seen again, within hours of allegedly being killed is suspicious.

And the White House explanation that Osama Bin Laden was disposed of this way, and so quickly, was to avoid retaliation by Al Queda is complete BULL S**T!!!

WAKE UP, JETS FANS!!

THE WHITE HOUSE IS LYING TO US ON A MASSIVE SCALE!

:jets17[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have provided tangible and incontrovertible evidence that THE WHITE HOUSE IS LYING TO US ON A MASSIVE SCALE! :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Black Death;4020529]Yes, you have provided tangible and incontrovertible evidence that THE WHITE HOUSE IS LYING TO US ON A MASSIVE SCALE! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

And my tangible and incontrovertible evidence that Bin Laden was NOT killed, is the lack of PROOF by the White House that he was killed.

See, when you kill someone the idea is to produce a body as PROOF that they have been killed!

You certainly DON'T dump the body in the bottom of the ocean - only hours after they have allegedly been killed.

It's that simple!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4020543]Thank you!

And my tangible and incontrovertible evidence that Bin Laden was NOT killed, is the lack of PROOF by the White House that he was killed.

See, when you kill someone the idea is to produce a body as PROOF that they have been killed!

You certainly DON'T dump the body in the bottom of the ocean - only hours after they have allegedly been killed.

It's that simple!

You are basing your opinion on what exactly?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

[B]See, when you kill someone the idea is to produce a body as PROOF that they have been killed![/B]

It's that simple!

You sound like an expert. How many people have you killed?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

It's that simple!

The last thing we need is another birther/truther issue...Bin Laden is dead, America should be proud, Obama gave the order, he gets the massive political boost that gives him going into 2012, and that's that. Don't start with the conspiracy theory crap.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    JETS fans - there is NO evidence that Osama Bin Laden has been killed!

Period!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4020558]You sound like an expert. How many people have you killed?[/QUOTE]

Jesus H. Krist - there is NO PROOF!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4020964]Jesus H. Krist - there is NO PROOF!

DNA, photos, eye witnesses and video. Oh but no one called "you"? Oh I see where your distrust comes from now. :rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4020964]Jesus H. Krist - there is NO PROOF!

Anyone from aq claim he is still alive? Any of his supporters claim he is alive? Anyone who was at the compound claim he is alive? I think you need to go back to your command center in your parents basement.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4019719]You can call it a con job all you want but the bottom line is that a ruthless dictator who butchered his own people and hated America is gone. Given the opportunity to fund or some how been involved in a terrorist attack against America - I have no doubt Saddam would have jumped at the chance. Now we don't have to worry about him any more.[/QUOTE]

Let me ask you a hypothetical. Let's say you had a family member murdered. The police began a manhunt for the suspect. They start getting close and then, they decide to call off most of the attention being placed on the manhunt to arrest someone who might pose a threat to another family member of yours, you would be ok with that?

If you murder three thousand Americans, you should be our sole focus until you are in jail or in the dirt (or sea).

Bush may have caught Bin Laden if he kept the pressure up in Afghanistan, he had until 2008 to get it done. And he never did.
    Last edited by Maury77; 05-04-2011 at 03:36 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maury77;4021071]Let me ask you a hypothetical. Let's say you had a family member murdered. The police began a manhunt for the suspect. They start getting close and then, they decide to call off most of the attention being placed on the manhunt to arrest someone who might pose a threat to another family member of yours, you would be ok with that?

If you murder three thousand Americans, you should be our sole focus until you are in jail or in the dirt (or sea).

[B]Bush may have caught Bin Laden if he kept the pressure up in Afghanistan, he had until 2008 to get it done. And he never did[/B].[/QUOTE]

The Bush admin. probably could have killed OBL. Without OBL, however, there may not be a "face" for the War on Terror. That war, and the "You're not safe unless you re-elect us", got them back in the White House in 2004. I think they gambled and lost in 2008, in the sense that they over played the "You're not safe unless you vote Republican" card, and if they got OBL before that, they wouldn't have been able to play that card. Hindsight always 20-20, but maybe they'd still have the White House if they caught OBL before 2008?