Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Please leave congratulatory messages for President Obama here.

Thank you President Obama, for hitting the ball out of the park! I am not a fan of yours, and certainly hope you are defeated in 2012 by a Conservative, but your ballsy call to go get Bin Laden is worthy of high praise...and it was VERY Presidential...something i didn't think you had in you...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Maury77;4021071]Let me ask you a hypothetical. Let's say you had a family member murdered. The police began a manhunt for the suspect. They start getting close and then, they decide to call off most of the attention being placed on the manhunt to arrest someone who might pose a threat to another family member of yours, you would be ok with that?

If you murder three thousand Americans, you should be our sole focus until you are in jail or in the dirt (or sea).

Bush may have caught Bin Laden if he kept the pressure up in Afghanistan, he had until 2008 to get it done. And he never did.[/QUOTE]

I am not getting the analogy. The police have to be on the lookout for all crimes. Even if that means shifting resources around.

[QUOTE=Tucker134;4021219]Thank you President Obama, for hitting the ball out of the park! I am not a fan of yours, and certainly hope you are defeated in 2012 by a Conservative, but your ballsy call to go get Bin Laden is worthy of high praise...and it was VERY Presidential...something i didn't think you had in you...[/QUOTE]

Wow, what next Tucker? Congratulating Brian Cashman?

Hall Of Fame
    Never thought he'd have the balls to give a kill order.
    Figured he'd be to worried about the UN (who are asking for details) and the world opinion of an execution.
    The camera link did go down for 20 minutes too - wonder if that was planned and the guy was giving himself up - like his wife/daughter said.

Bottom line - for this week anyway - we've forgotten about the economy.

Bottom line - seems Obama is growing up (keeping Guantanamo open was part 1 of wearing the big boy pants.

Bottom line - this douche is dead. No trial. No grave memorial. No more.
    F osama. I've never been this happy about a guy being dead.

GFY - I'll kill him again in the afterlife.

Thanks Bama,
    Occupant & Survivor, 95th Floor, Tower 2
    In remembrance of the 89 my company lost

[QUOTE=pauliec;4021370]Wow, what next Tucker? Congratulating Brian Cashman?[/QUOTE]

Cashman gets credit too, Paulie...he didn't want Soriano!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;4021219]Thank you President Obama, for hitting the ball out of the park! I am not a fan of yours, and certainly hope you are defeated in 2012 by a Conservative, but your ballsy call to go get Bin Laden is worthy of high praise...and it was VERY Presidential...something i didn't think you had in you...[/QUOTE]

+1 virtually word for word.

It took big ones to go in there and do this. He could have taken numerous easy ways out....level the mansion, Predator strike, etc. There was also monumental risk - Imagine seeing on the news 10 dead American servicemen deep inside Pakistan at a building UBL was nowhere near and explaining to Pakistan what the hell we were doing!

Obama pushed all his chips to the center of the table for this bet and it paid off for America big time. I'll go back to criticizing many of his policies as well as his approach to the Debt/deficit, but this week...huge props. Well done, Mr. President.

Looks like Obama has made a martyr out of OBL. It OBL was taken alive he wouldn't be a martyr!

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/06/bin.laden.qaeda.comment/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1[/url]

[SIZE="4"][B]Al Qaeda, in Web message, confirms bin Laden's death[/B][/SIZE]
    By the CNN Wire Staff
    May 6, 2011 9:38 a.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Al Qaeda released a statement on jihadist forums Friday confirming the death of its leader, Osama bin Laden, according to SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors Islamist websites.

The development comes days after U.S. troops killed bin Laden in a raid on a compound in the Pakistani city of Abbottabad.

The statement, translated by SITE, lauded the late militant, threatened to take action against the United States, and urged Pakistanis to "rise up and revolt."

Bin Laden's death will serve as a "curse that chases the Americans and their agents, and goes after them inside and outside their countries," the message said.

"Soon -- with help from Allah -- their happiness will turn into sorrow, and their blood will be mixed with their tears," it said.

The statement said al Qaeda will "continue on the path of jihad, the path walked upon by our leaders, and on top of them" bin Laden "without hesitation or reluctance.

"We will not deviate from that or change until Allah judges between us and between our enemy with truth. Indeed, He is the best of all judges. Nothing will harm us after that, until we see either victory and success and conquest and empowerment, or we die trying."

It said that Americans "will never enjoy security until our people in Palestine enjoy it."

"The soldiers of Islam, groups and individuals, will continue planning without tiredness or boredom, and without despair or surrender, and without weakness or stagnancy, until they cause the disaster that makes children look like the elderly!"

It urged Pakistanis "to cleanse this shame that has been attached to them by a clique of traitors and thieves" and "from the filth of the Americans who spread corruption in it."

Bin Laden and other militants used the Internet to post messages to their followers before and after al Qaeda's September, 11, 2001 attack on the United States.

:jets17

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4022878]Looks like Obama has made a martyr out of OBL. It OBL was taken alive he wouldn't be a martyr!

[/QUOTE]

And we should care because?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4022878]Looks like Obama has made a martyr out of OBL. It OBL was taken alive he wouldn't be a martyr![/QUOTE]

You are completely shot, brother.

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4020543]Thank you!

And my tangible and incontrovertible evidence that Bin Laden was NOT killed, is the lack of PROOF by the White House that he was killed.

See, when you kill someone the idea is to produce a body as PROOF that they have been killed!

You certainly DON'T dump the body in the bottom of the ocean - only hours after they have allegedly been killed.

It's that simple!

:jets17[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4020943]First there's no body since it was sent to the bottom of the ocean just hours after Osama Bin Laden was allegedly killed.

Now there's not going to be any photos.

This thing is a complete HOAX!

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4022913]And we should care because?[/QUOTE]

Because every one we kill, we create 20 more. At least that's what that great thinker Bitonti tells me.

I'm sure he's outraged over this creation of 20 more terrorists......

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4022878]Looks like Obama has made a martyr out of OBL. It OBL was taken alive he wouldn't be a martyr![/QUOTE]

So wait a minute, you read an AQ statement and just because AQ calls him a martyr that's what he is? AQ also called him the Great Sheik and an inspirational leader....do you believe that too? UBL was killed in a bedroom reaching for a gun while hiding behind his wife. The guy was taken down like cowardly criminal, he was no martyr.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4022913]And we should care because?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't casually dismiss deadly threats from AQ.

Had OBL been taken alive, in addition to the AQ intelligence we likely could have beaten out him, placing him in common jail clothing and making him look like a common loser would have seriously demystified OBL's status among Islamic Jihadists.

Similar to what we did with Hermann Goering, the expected successor to Adolf Hitler, at the end of WWII. We took his uniform and gave him jail clothing. It made him appear weak and powerless (until he committed suicide).

[QUOTE=Jetsound;4021432]Never thought he'd have the balls to give a kill order.
    Figured he'd be to worried about the UN (who are asking for details) and the world opinion of an execution.[/QUOTE]

the Obama administration has actually been on a bit of a rampage

they don't capture terrorists like Bush did and take em back to Gitmo or wherever

they drone bomb like crazy

politically and legally it's alot cleaner to kill these guys in the field than to take em back and put em in some kind of endless prison / military trial

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4022924]So wait a minute, you read an AQ statement and just because AQ calls him a martyr that's what he is? AQ also called him the Great Sheik and an inspirational leader....do you believe that too? UBL was killed in a bedroom reaching for a gun while hiding behind his wife. The guy was taken down like cowardly criminal, he was no martyr.[/QUOTE]

1. It's now that I believe, it's what the brainwashed and murderous Islamic Jihadists believe.

2. The White House now says that OBL was not armed nor was he hiding behind anyone.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;4022931]the Obama administration has actually been on a bit of a rampage

they don't capture terrorists like Bush did and take em back to Gitmo or wherever

they drone bomb like crazy

politically and legally it's alot cleaner to kill these guys in the field than to take em back and put em in some kind of endless prison / military trial[/QUOTE]

Oh brother, your tune has sure changed from 3-4 years ago

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4022918]You are completely shot, brother.[/QUOTE]

Since Obama became President he has done nothing but lie. Closing GITMO, ending the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, promising a health care public-option, etc.

Now that AQ has verified OBL's death, I believe it!

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4022930]I wouldn't casually dismiss deadly threats from AQ.

Had OBL been taken alive, in addition to the AQ intelligence we likely could have beaten out him, placing him in common jail clothing and making him look like a common loser would have seriously demystified OBL's status among Islamic Jihadists.

Similar to what we did with Hermann Goering, the expected successor to Adolf Hitler, at the end of WWII. We took his uniform and gave him jail clothing. It made him appear weak and powerless (until he committed suicide).

Pure speculation and you may have had a rash of US citizens kidnapped held hostage or killed in an attempt to win his freedom?

The guy is fish food. Hopefully shrines will go up and the CIA can keep an eye on all his worshippers.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4022938]Oh brother, your tune has sure changed from 3-4 years ago[/QUOTE]

i dont really like it.. but that's what they do.

this whole this is a never ending revenge cycle

OBL wanted revenge for the USA abandoning him again the USSR when he was a Muj.

USA wanted revenge for OBL boming of WTC on 9-11

there's always someone out there trying to get revenge about something

I wonder when it's gonna stop

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4022940]Now that AQ has verified OBL's death, I believe it!

Yes. Because AQ is more trustworthy that the POTUS...:yes:

You do realize that Obama was NOT the only American politician to verify OBL's death, right? I mean...there were even a handful of Republicans who saw the pictures, saw the DNA results and saw the video. It wasn't just Obama saying it happened and everyone taking his word for it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4022938]Oh brother, your tune has sure changed from 3-4 years ago[/QUOTE]

On almost every issue. The turnaround is amazing.

Incoming "I'm just telling how it is, not giving an opinion" post in 3...2...1....