Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please leave congratulatory messages for Bush here

victory has 100 fathers

defeat is an orphan

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4019764]victory has 100 fathers

defeat is an orphan[/QUOTE]

They say Einsenhower wrote two speeches for D-Day. One for success and the other for failure. Fortunately he was able to give the one for sucess. Carter, as we all know, had to give the one for failure to rescue the hostages in Iran. Perhaps Obama had his "defeat is an orphan" "it was my choice, the buck stops with me" speech prepared if this didn't work out. Really not that hard to imagine.

On topic: Pelosi of all people is leaving congratulatory messages for Bush too!
    [QUOTE]•House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi called former president George W. Bush to thank him. "I wanted him to know the appreciation that many of us have in a bipartisan way," she said. "We have all recognized in our public comments that his role was important in having this success."[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by majormajor42; 05-04-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Good job Bush.....I am also for the "torture" and waterboarding to get info for America

Just as a side note.....It's really funny how politics can make people look so dumb.....I don't classify myself as either conservative or liberal or republican or democrat so it's pretty clear to me that Bush should get props for starting what he did and Obama get his props for following through....You get the guys that either refuse to flat out acknowledge one or the other, or give props but then add in a bs remark after. Pretty ridiculous.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=majormajor42;4020487]They say Einsenhower wrote two speeches for D-Day. One for success and the other for failure. Fortunately he was able to give the one for sucess. Carter, as we all know, had to give the one for failure to rescue the hostages in Iran. Perhaps Obama had his "defeat is an orphan" "it was my choice, the buck stops with me" speech prepared if this didn't work out. Really not that hard to imagine.

On topic: Pelosi of all people is leaving congratulatory messages for Bush too![/QUOTE]

There seems to be a lot of reaching across the aisle. I just read Obama invited Bush to join him at Ground Zero this Thursday. Bush declined. I think that was the right thing to do by both. It was Obama's way of acknowledging that Bush laid the ground work and it was Bush's was of congratulating Obama for a job well done.