Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pakistan

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Pakistan

Do the jerk offs that run that country really expect anyone to believe they had no idea bin laden was there? All foreign aid should be cut off immediately. They have a lot of explaining to do.

It's the only thing Obama has fudged in the last 24 hours...

He gave credit to them. Not sure why.

They definitely have some 'splainin' to do.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4019178]It's the only thing Obama has fudged in the last 24 hours...

They definitely have some 'splainin' to do.[/QUOTE]

Those ba$tards are actually upset that the US did not share the intel with them and let them carry out the mission. What a friggin joke.

one of the Pakistan diplomats made a good point

if the FBI can't find Whitey Bulger, in America (which has way better technology than Pakistan), how can the Pakistanis be counted on to know every inch of their land?

think about how many mafia criminals hide in plain sight

im not saying Pakistan is great and lovely and what a great friend but it's plausible they didn't know exactly where he was.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4019178]It's the only thing Obama has fudged in the last 24 hours...

They definitely have some 'splainin' to do.[/QUOTE]

The "giving them credit" part is calculated political gibberish, no?

We basically Burglarized their country and left them a burning helicoptor to clean up.:yes:

ANy relationship we had with them was rife with duplicity and distrust anyhoo.

They know they duped us... and we know we just dunked over their heads.

I guess its in both of our interests to move on from here.

-

[QUOTE=bitonti;4019185]one of the Pakistan diplomats made a good point

if the FBI can't find Whitey Bulger, in America (which has way better technology than Pakistan), how can the Pakistanis be counted on to know every inch of their land?

im not saying Pakistan is great and lovely and what a great friend but it's plausible they didn't know exactly where he was.[/QUOTE]

Does Whitey Bulger live in a million dollar compound next door to a police station with an 18 foot wall covered in barbed wire?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

im not saying Pakistan is great and lovely and what a great friend but it's plausible they didn't know exactly where he was.[/QUOTE]

Abbottobad aint Howard Beach. That compound stuck out like a sore thumb. Just watched an interview with a former CIA operative who worked Pakistan. He said they are highly suspicious over there. Lots of eyes all over. No way people in the govt and military did not know. I kinda believe it.

I'm pretty sure if anybody in this country bought a large parcel of land, built a new million dollar home, erected 18 foot high cement walls topped off with barb wire in the affluent suburb of a major city and never bought access to phone/cable lines it would register with city, state or federal authorities that something was at least amiss.

[QUOTE=32green;4019191]The "giving them credit" part is calculated political gibberish, no?[/quote]

It was. It may have been his way of letting the Paki's save face in their own country but I still disagree with it.

[quote]We basically Burglarized their country and left them a burning helicoptor to clean up.:yes:

-[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I'm proud he followed through with this promise. It's the first time I've ever been proud that he's leading my country.

I hope his call to their President ended in him hanging up while the dude was stuttering his "disbelief"...

The guy was 6'4 and lived in a fortress 8 times the size of any other house nearby. Pakistan is a country that is essentially at war and no one can fart in that country without the government knowing. They knew he was there. Wheter or not the US will decide if it's politically worth it to "out" them is a different story.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4019191]The "giving them credit" part is calculated political gibberish, no?

We basically Burglarized their country and left them a burning helicoptor to clean up.:yes:

-[/QUOTE]

This man gets it! :yes:

Like I said in the other thread, what does this do as far as our influence with them over Kashmir?

[QUOTE=petejet;4019196]Abbottobad aint Howard Beach. That compound stuck out like a sore thumb. Just watched an interview with a former CIA operative who worked Pakistan. He said they are highly suspicious over there. Lots of eyes all over. No way people in the govt and military did not know. I kinda believe it.[/QUOTE]

It seems suspicious I do agree but it's not impossible. Implausible yes.

Pakistan doesn't have an NSA and crazy satellites everywhere.

speaking of which it was very cool that the NSA was able to determine the compound had no internet or telephone access. they did that from a washington dc office building not the hills of pakistan.

one more "defense" of our allies the pakistani's, we've been bombing the s--t out of their countryside with drones and what not, we violate their airspace on a daily basis (including for Sunday's ballsy attack)

I wonder what people in Kansas would think about Chinese drones overhead looking for terrorists but sometimes accidentally getting the wrong people

our relationship with Pakistan is very complicated now is probably not the time to question their credibility.

[QUOTE=petejet;4019173]Do the jerk offs that run that country really expect anyone to believe they had no idea bin laden was there? All foreign aid should be cut off immediately. They have a lot of explaining to do.[/QUOTE]

Careful what you post about Pakistan...... your 7-11 clerk may spit in your slurpee when you are not looking!;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=32green;4019191]The "giving them credit" part is calculated political gibberish, no?

-[/QUOTE]

That pretty much says it. Well put.

They killed Bhutto a few years ago. Let's stop all aid to Mush. Any beef, hell we are close by anyway

It is very clear. BO simply needs to tell Pakistan's PM that his intelligence agency is either incompetent or complicit in hiding OBL. In either scenario, he can not seriously expect us to share information with them. So, they need to clean house to eradicate the incompetence or corruption. Whichever name it goes by is unnacceptable to us as a working partner. This will not likely effect any change unless the ISI itself decides to stop double dealing between the US and Terrorists. Let's not forget the Taliban does not exist without the help of the ISI.

IMO, Pakistan's ISI runs the country much like Iran's Revoltionary Guard. Simply put, the PM is a figurehead with little real authority unless he is a former ISI General. Why we cozy up to Pakistan has always been somewhat of a mystery to me. Shouldn't India, the largest Democracy in the world, be our primary allie in the region? While Pakistan is probematic as a result of it essentially being Afghanistan with Nukes, a strong relationship between the US and India should be enough to neutralize any real threat.

For those who think the Pakistani intelligence community is incompetent, look at the attack they carried out in Bombay in 08.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4019394]They killed Bhutto a few years ago. Let's stop all aid to Mush. Any beef, hell we are close by anyway[/QUOTE]

If by Mush. you mean Pervez Musharraf, he is not the President of Pakistan anymore. Asif Ali Zardari is the current President.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4019593]For those who think the Pakistani intelligence community is incompetent, look at the attack they carried out in Bombay in 08.[/QUOTE]

This. The internal security service keeps everyone in line; or I should say, everyone they [I]want [/I]to keep in line. They sympathize with the Taliban and their own homegrown crazies in the Badlands.

We share the intel any Pakis, and guaranteed OBL slips out before we get him.
    John Brennan appears to be holding the Pakis feet to the fire over how OBL was living large right near their capital. Hopefully, putting them on the defensive will defuse any "outrage" about "the Burglary". :D

All League
    I don't think the US should be giving a dime to Pakistan, or any other stan. F them and that whole part of the world. Let them kill each other. Have at it, boys.

That being said, some British puppet head said on the radio today that they cannot stop giving aid to Pakistan, because they have nukes. And once they stop sending $$, the country falls in to the wrong hands, now you've got islamic extremists in charge of 100 nukes. Basically, he was saying not giving money to Pakistan was worse than giving them cash.

Now I'm not sure I buy that one - can Pakistani nukes on their missles reach Alaska, Hawaii, or any part of the continental United States? I don't think so. So let crazy Pakistani fvckers with nukes deal with their neighbors in that region. Maybe just once they'll be crazy enough to light one of them things off against their neighbors, and then the retalliation is total annihilation of their country, and maybe a few other of them shytball countries goes with 'em. Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out.