Thread: The Draft

Woodys Up....

$10 he picks Mia Hamm

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Woodys Up....

$10 he picks Mia Hamm
    Lmao

Is there any doubt who my first pick will be?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Painfully obvious.

Jets Insider VIP
    May I suggest Oh Grand Leader, that you update your first post in the picks thread to list the players taken. It'll be helpful later to see quickly if a player's been taken or not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Good pick.

Was expecting a player whose name rhymes with 'weenie'.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    May I suggest Oh Grand Leader, that you update your first post in the picks thread to list the players taken. It'll be helpful later to see quickly if a player's been taken or not.
    That would definitely be helpful.

Btw, you are on the clock again, not me, correct?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    That would definitely be helpful.

Btw, you are on the clock again, not me, correct?
    Whoa...thanks for the heads up.

Veteran
    You may my minion, and I shall do so once the lazy frenchie gets off his fat ass and picks his second round selection.
    Last edited by The Turk; 05-05-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Whoa...thanks for the heads up.

Had a feeling you may not have realized.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    You may my minion, and I shall do once the lazy frenchie gets off his fat ass and picks his second round selection.
    Done.

I know he was on your list.

Veteran
    Paulie you're up

Veteran
    Le Blah La Blah
    I've changed the pick selection post so that even Sarkozy can understand who's otc.

Are you happy now you whiny pain in the ass? Or have you already found something else to biatch about?

Jets Insider VIP
    I've changed the pick selection post so that even Sarkozy can understand who's otc.

Are you happy now you whiny pain in the ass? Or have you already found something else to biatch about?
    Oh man, you are so not getting in the EU.

I have to say, the trash talk is so much better when Europeans run this thing.

Veteran
    LOL, you've managed to mess that up as well, if you keep bailing each other out like that soon there won't be an EU to get into.

Veteran
    Frostlich OTC

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL, you've managed to mess that up as well, if you keep bailing each other out like that soon there won't be an EU to get into.
    BTW, have you heard the scandal taking place now in French football?

A meeting was secretly taped at the Federation, with Laurent Blanc present, where they talked about installing quotas for players with dual nationalities currently in the farming system. What started out as an honest and safe discussion, ended with some dodgey remarks and broad generalizations (tall strong guy is black, small fast dude is white..).

Laurent Blanc might have to quit.

Veteran
    BTW, have you heard the scandal taking place now in French football?

A meeting was secretly taped at the Federation, with Laurent Blanc present, where they talked about installing quotas for players with dual nationalities currently in the farming system. What started out as an honest and safe discussion, ended with some dodgey remarks and broad generalizations (tall strong guy is black, small fast dude is white..).

Laurent Blanc might have to quit.
    I did hear it but it was reported here a little differently (probably to cause more of a stir); they said that the dude requested a cap to be implemented that black and muslim players to be at most 30 percent of the squad. (I wonder if the scarfaced little **** is included in the cap, he's white but he's muslim...hmmm)

Jets Insider VIP
    I did hear it but it was reported here a little differently (probably to cause more of a stir); they said that the dude requested a cap to be implemented that black and muslim players to be at most 30 percent of the squad. (I wonder if the scarfaced little **** is included in the cap, he's white but he's muslim...hmmm)
    45% of youngsters currently in the federation’s farming program have dual nationalities. Parents are generally African, and they were born in France (like Zidane). I totally understand why they would look at that particular point even though I think it’s moot since the best players with dual nationalities will always choose France, instead of say Algeria or Mali.

So they did talk about limiting access to say 30%, for players with dual nationalities (not specifically muslims).

Then they took a tangent talking about types of players they’re looking for. Since Spain has thrown a whole monkey wrench in everyone’s program with an army of technical munchkins. Laurent Blanc says at one point that he was speaking to a Spanish official “We don’t have any blacks, and we don’t have any problems”. I think what he meant was, we don’t have Patrick Vieira type guys, and we’re doing fine. Still it’s causing quite a stir.
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 05-05-2011 at 11:40 AM.