Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Draft

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    45% of youngsters currently in the federation’s farming program have dual nationalities. Parents are generally African, and they were born in France (like Zidane). I totally understand why they would look at that particular point even though I think it’s moot since the best players with dual nationalities will always choose France, instead of say Algeria or Mali.

So they did talk about limiting access to say 30%, for players with dual nationalities (not specifically muslims).

Then they took a tangent talking about types of players they’re looking for. Since Spain has thrown a whole monkey wrench in everyone’s program with an army of technical munchkins. Laurent Blanc says at one point that he was speaking to a Spanish official “We don’t have any blacks, and we don’t have any problems”. I think what he meant was, we don’t have Patrick Vieira type guys, and we’re doing fine. Still it’s causing quite a stir.
    I had guessed it had nothing to do with religion but you know the press, and its election time here in Turkey so that means its open season on the French

We also have a similar problem. There are a lot of very talented second and third generation ethnic Turkish kids especially in Germany but also in France (par example Mevlüt ) and Holland and England. When these kids who speak Turkish with an accent and don't really know much about the culture come to the national team as a bloc it sometimes causes friction with the home grown players.

As to the problem itself; when its Mali or Algeria you're right but when it's a Turkish or a Senegalese kid then they might pick the other side. As a matter of fact the Turkish FA has offices in Germany and France to scout talented Turkish kids and poach them before the other guys. There was a huge backlash to the federation when Mesut Ozil picked the German national team because reportedly he didn't get enough attention from the Turkish FA.

So if I was Blanc I'd also try to do something about that.

But then again; France sucks, Sarkozy sucks worse.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I had guessed it had nothing to do with religion but you know the press, and its election time here in Turkey so that means its open season on the French

We also have a similar problem. There are a lot of very talented second and third generation ethnic Turkish kids especially in Germany but also in France (par example Mevlüt ) and Holland and England. When these kids who speak Turkish with an accent and don't really know much about the culture come to the national team as a bloc it sometimes causes friction with the home grown players.

As to the problem itself; when its Mali or Algeria you're right but when it's a Turkish or a Senegalese kid then they might pick the other side. As a matter of fact the Turkish FA has offices in Germany and France to scout talented Turkish kids and poach them before the other guys. There was a huge backlash to the federation when Mesut Ozil picked the German national team because reportedly he didn't get enough attention from the Turkish FA.

So if I was Blanc I'd also try to do something about that.

But then again; France sucks, Sarkozy sucks worse.
    I think you guys have a more difficult problem. The Ozils are ‘defecting’ to teams directly in competition with Turkey. Even though we blow now, for a kid who has the chance, picking France over Senegal is a no brainer. If they were going to England, Germany, Portgual…then you have a problem. You’re training kids from 13 up, and they end up playing for another team.

But it goes both ways. We tried to poach Higuain before he got his first selection. He refused it, and chose Argentina.

=>Erding has had a crappy year. Hope he gets back on track. He's been riding the bench for a while.

And my President bangs super models.

Veteran
    I think you guys have a more difficult problem. The Ozils are ‘defecting’ to teams directly in competition with Turkey. Even though we blow now, for a kid who has the chance, picking France over Senegal is a no brainer. If they were going to England, Germany, Portgual…then you have a problem. You’re training kids from 13 up, and they end up playing for another team.

But it goes both ways. We tried to poach Higuain before he got his first selection. He refused it, and chose Argentina.

=>Erding has had a crappy year. Hope he gets back on track. He's been riding the bench for a while.

And my President bangs super models.
    You've become Italian? When?

did you hear the joke Berlusconi told the press couple of weeks ago when they asked him about his women?

"They asked italian women if they would like to sleep with me? %30 said yes, %70 said; again?` LOL and this guy is a real prime minister
    Last edited by The Turk; 05-05-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Veteran
    BATMAN OTC

Veteran
    ROYAL YOU'RE UP

Jets Insider VIP
    did you hear the joke Berlusconi told the press couple of weeks ago when they asked him about his women?

"They asked italian women if they would like to sleep with me? %30 said yes, %70 said; again?` LOL and this guy is a real prime minister
    LMAO, that's so sad and funny at the same time.

Veteran
    BAY RIDGE JET You're Up

Veteran
    LMAO, that's so sad and funny at the same time.
    You know everytime I hear something like this about him a picture pops into my head, the italian senate in session and Silvio in the next room posting dirty jokes in the hampur....

In fact, has anyone verified Borgo's IP, I bet he logs in from Rome

LOL look what I found:

http://www.berlsbigperv.com/

and...

Last edited by The Turk; 05-06-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Veteran
    BİT YOU'RE UP

Good pick bit. I had Drogba next on my draft list.

Veteran
    Woody OTC

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    thanks the dude scored about a million goals (over 200) so can't argue with that production

WOODY PAIGE BACK OTC

Nice pick, Bit. I was very close to taking Forlan with one of my last two picks.

Veteran
    Hey guys I'm going to be out of town for the weekend so if you make it to my turn the draft will stall until monday morning (or sunday night your time), sorry about that, I'll try to check in but no promises I'm going to Adana and antep (near the Syrian border) where they're famous for their kebap and baklava respectively I'll probably be too busy gorging myself to care

All Pro
    Hey guys I'm going to be out of town for the weekend so if you make it to my turn the draft will stall until monday morning (or sunday night your time), sorry about that, I'll try to check in but no promises I'm going to Adana and antep (near the Syrian border) where they're famous for their kebap and baklava respectively I'll probably be too busy gorging myself to care
    You online? Feel free to PM a few guys to pick. Since I don't pick until after your next two, there's no conflict of interest. Have a safe and fun trip

Because I'm extremely bored at the moment, here's a breakdown of the players taken so far by country...

Spain - 5
    France - 4
    Brazil - 3
    Italy - 3
    Portugal - 2
    Argentina - 1
    Czech - 1
    England - 1
    Ivory Coast - 1
    Netherlands - 1
    Uruguay - 1

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    there was a period of time when Totti was unstoppable that was a good pick