Royal - 8

Bay Ridge Jet - 2

Batman - 6

Devs Jets Yanks - 9

Bitonti - 7

Notable absentees:

Dirtstar
    Black Death

This draft will be an all 90's draft. So no Messi, cmon Dirt you know you want to...

In order to be eligible a player must have played at least 3 seasons in the 90's.

We'll pick 16 players 2 of which must be goalies and a manager. The rest you can pick as you like. You can field 11 strikers for all I care.

There will be three threads. This one for the *****ing, second one to make the picks and a third to keep the teams up to date. You can ***** all you like in this thread but please post only once on the last thread and edit your post thereafter.

As you all know we didn't enforce a strict time limit on the picks in previous drafts and considering I have a 7 hour time difference with most of you and the frenchie has a 6 hour time difference I don't plan on enforcing a hard time limit on this one either.

I don't log in much on the weekends so the draft will be put on hold during the weekend.

If you don't like the rules, you have the frenchie and Frosty to thank for appointing me Turk the Omnipotent. Grievence procedures will go through them.

I will decide the draft order - which will be reversed every round - based on a highly complex mathemetical formula. So post a number between 0-10 along with your confirmation to do this thing.
    Last edited by The Turk; 05-04-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Notable absentees:

Dirtstar
    Black Death
    Dev Jets Yanks
    Bit
    Booooooooooo

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Thank you Paulie.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Booooooooooo
    You can learn a thing or two from the Italians...Ou est le chiffre?

Temporary 0. I have some questions to ask before I fully commit. I have to go to class now so I don't have the time to ask them at the moment.

I'll do this..

Sorry, I just bought a place and am in the process of moving, so I've been in and out recently.

But me and my Steve Sampson managed team should be great.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I'll do this..

Sorry, I just bought a place and am in the process of moving, so I've been in and out recently.

But me and my Steve Sampson managed team should be great.
    Welcome mate, the number please.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Temporary 0. I have some questions to ask before I fully commit. I have to go to class now so I don't have the time to ask them at the moment.
    I guess I'm in. Actually fully reading the first post answered my questions. My team is going to suck. I never watched any soccer in the 90s. I know almost nothing. This will be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    I guess I'm in. Actually fully reading the first post answered my questions. My team is going to suck. I never watched any soccer in the 90s. I know almost nothing. This will be a disaster.
    +1

The only 90s soccer players I know are Vinnie Jones, Alexi Lalas, and a handful of Italians. In fact, there's my team right there. Rock on.

**** it, I'm in.

I'll challenge Paulie and Woody for the worst squad.

Turk, my number is 9.

All Pro
    LOL the 90s. I'd own if this draft was about the WWF.

i wasn't a soccer fan until recently so i can't do a 90's draft. Baggio?

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i wasn't a soccer fan until recently so i can't do a 90's draft. Baggio?
    I think we're all in the same boat. You might as well join and try it like the rest of us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Thank you Paulie.

You can learn a thing or two from the Italians...Ou est le chiffre?

11!

Wait....0.
    Last edited by frostlich; 05-03-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: changed my numbah

Veteran
    ***Post Regarding the Draft Rules***

I had decided on the 90's because current players are a little too easy for my taste but if the 90's are a little too hard and if more of our Red bull crowd will join we can make this a 2000's draft rather than a 90's draft,

and to make things a little more interesting for me I'll also throw in a quota for at least 1 American and to make things a little more interesting for you all 1 Turk per team...

To clarify everyone will have to have 1 American and 1 Turk on their team. The player can either be an American/Turk or someone who has played in America/Turkey for at least 3 years.

The golden rule: Anyone who picks a player that has played for Fenerbahce (a.k.a. the sewerbirds) will be ass raped by 1001 monkeys while being fed warm horse****e and then automatically disqualified, all the while bringing great shame to themselves, their families and their country.

The scope will be 1999-2000 to 2009-2010 both inclusive, a player must have played at least 3 years between those years to be eligible. Any ineligible picks and the draft will move on, those that picked the ineligible players will pick again at the end of the draft, sort of like a supplemental draft.

The players shall be evaluated as if they were in their prime and not necesserily how they were in the 2000. So for example Maldini - since we all know who's going to pick him no harm done by mentioning his name - would be eligible but would be evaluated as if he was playing in 1983.

LOL, so this is how it feels to sell carpets to American tourists in the Covered Bazaar,

All right then the latest roster and the numbers:

Raoul - Can't read instructions or other posts so I'm assigning him 10
    Turk
    Paulie - 4
    Frostlich - You get one more chance mate or you'll be like the frenchie.
    Woody - 0
    Royal - 8
    Bay Ridge Jet - 2
    Batman - 6
    Devs Jets Yanks - 9

If we can get the number from Frostlich I can assig...erm...calculate the draft order. and Bit, you in or out?
    Last edited by The Turk; 05-05-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

I went to Rome last month, the food everyone knows about but what suprised me was that I drank the best wine ever.

I mean ever.

Italian wines are better then French wines. By far.

Just sayin....