Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Draft

Jets Insider VIP
    He's run out of over the hill Italians.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good pick Turk. I actually thought he was exclusively a winger. I didn't know he could play left back.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Good pick Turk. I actually thought he was exclusively a winger. I didn't know he could play left back.
    As far as I know his preferred position is left back...

Jets Insider VIP
    Are trades allowed?

I completely changed my line up. My midfield is munchkin land (remind you of anything? )

Makelele
    Podolski - Overmars
    Iniesta

Marquez, Gerrard and Lampard are on the bench.

Veteran
    Are trades allowed?

Sure

Jets Insider VIP
    Great pick Batman and he counts as your American pick.

Veteran
    Both weah and Romario are great pipcks esspecially this late in the draft. In fact I almost picked weah myself last round but I just had too many strikers. If I had fleeced the Frenchie one round earlier I would have taken him myself but hey whaddya gona do...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Both weah and Romario are great pipcks esspecially this late in the draft. In fact I almost picked weah myself last round but I just had too many strikers. If I had fleeced the Frenchie one round earlier I would have taken him myself but hey whaddya gona do...
    so what are we doing after the draft?

board vote?

Jets Insider VIP
    +1 on Weah...

-1 on the fleecing

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    so what are we doing after the draft?

board vote?

Vote for 1st 2nd and 3rd place teams. 1st place gets 4 points, 2nd 2 points and 3rd 1 point.

I have no idea how we can set it up though? Paulie?

I have no idea how we can set it up though? Paulie?
    I can set up a poll through a website called polldaddy... it won't be on JI but we can link to it. We might even be able to embed it into a post?

The only rub is it doesn't allow 1st, 2nd, 3rd place votes it will just allow you to vote for 3 teams out of however many. It also wouldn't prevent people voting for themselves.

then the end the winner would be a straight total. I also think there should be a place in that thread for people to make their case why their team is the best or what teams they like.

We could all send a PM to Turk, Paulie, or whoever, which ranks our top 3 teams. That is if all else fails in finding a polling system with these capabilities.

Jets Insider VIP
    We could all vote, and whoever comes from Germany wins.

All Pro
    I think the soccer forum has gotten too cliquey. "The three" have ruined what was a great site. Consider my vote withdrawn

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I can set up a poll through a website called polldaddy... it won't be on JI but we can link to it. We might even be able to embed it into a post?

The only rub is it doesn't allow 1st, 2nd, 3rd place votes it will just allow you to vote for 3 teams out of however many. It also wouldn't prevent people voting for themselves.

then the end the winner would be a straight total. I also think there should be a place in that thread for people to make their case why their team is the best or what teams they like.
    I think we can use the "teams thread" for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    We could all send a PM to Turk, Paulie, or whoever, which ranks our top 3 teams. That is if all else fails in finding a polling system with these capabilities.

I'm thinking not a PM but a thread. Everyone would post their votes there and we would tally the votes. I don2t want to do a strictly first place vote because there are a lot of teams that are very close. I think it would be much better to have a top three.

We could all vote, and whoever comes from Germany wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    I think the soccer forum has gotten too cliquey. "The three" have ruined what was a great site. Consider my vote withdrawn
    Next we take over the pfail strip, or we can attack the hampur while the hampurites have gone to rape,pillage and generally go all barbarian horde on the pfail strip...

We could have an 80's draft and you could still pick Maldini, Cannavaro and Pirlo
    Among all the players of 80's I like Pirlo very much.