Thread: SI.COM 2012 MOCK - this guy is killing me

Veteran

SI.COM 2012 MOCK - this guy is killing me

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...k.draft/1.html

29. New York Jets: Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
    Baylor coach Art Briles has been churning out first-round picks the last few years. Griffin will move up draft boards past fellow quarterbacks Nick Foles and Brandon Weeden because of his exciting style.

So this guy wants me to believe that the Jets made it well into the playoffs (29th pick) with their third year quarter back and are now looking to replace him in the first round of the draft? I just don't understand why someone would take the time to write this up without giving any thought to what they're saying. Maybe he though he was writing about another team? another league? Why bother?

I know this is a little early to be talking about...but I'm bored and its there for the reading.

Quote Originally Posted by DiePatsDie View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...k.draft/1.html

Baylor coach Art Briles has been churning out first-round picks the last few years. Griffin will move up draft boards past fellow quarterbacks Nick Foles and Brandon Weeden because of his exciting style.

So this guy wants me to believe that the Jets made it well into the playoffs (29th pick) with their third year quarter back and are now looking to replace him in the first round of the draft? I just don't understand why someone would take the time to write this up without giving any thought to what they're saying. Maybe he though he was writing about another team? another league? Why bother?

I know this is a little early to be talking about...but I'm bored and its there for the reading.
    one explanation is that the writer is an idiot!

Jets Insider VIP
    What a mook!

Quote Originally Posted by DiePatsDie View Post
    Baylor coach Art Briles has been churning out mediocre first-round picks the last few years.
    Fixed

Kick his azz

Wow that's dumb.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    the guy is clearly high on something

I posted this link at draft daddy yesterday and commented how little sense the the 'projected' Jets pick makes.

Only possible explanation for this (other than he's predicting a major injury for Sanchez), is the writer believes Robert Griffin will make a meteoric rise from one season to the next (ala C. Newton, J. Russell & V. Young) and he wants to get on the record that he'll be a first rounder, at least, next spring.

Still, if he was smarter, he would've projected him at the end of round one going to a team like the Patriots or Colts, who have much older QB's, and can develop a long term project for a few years. That way, you sneak him into round one, but don't look like a complete fool predicting the Jets will pick a QB after another strong season (he has the Jets picking 29).

Does he know about a career ending injury that we don't??

what a doofus.

everyone knows we'll be picking 32nd next year

Wow, whata big deal. Maybe Come Back to NY will make a comeback now that satan killed Osama Bin Laden

All Pro
    One thing I do like is seeing him predict that Balt, NE and Indy will all pick before the Jets again.

Not so sold on his Pitt vs NO Superbowl though ...

Jets Insider VIP
    That's McLovin from the Dan Patrick show... he's a moron.

All League
    another afc championship loss would be really painful