Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Pakistani sabre rattling...

:rolleyes:

[URL]http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/06/world/asia/06react.html[/URL]

[QUOTE]
    The head of [URL="http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/pakistan/index.html?inline=nyt-geo"][COLOR=#004276]Pakistan[/COLOR][/URL]s army, Gen. [URL="http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/k/ashfaq_parvez_kayani/index.html?inline=nyt-per"][COLOR=#004276]Ashfaq Parvez Kayani[/COLOR][/URL], said Thursday that he would not tolerate a repeat of the American covert operation that killed [URL="http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/b/osama_bin_laden/index.html?inline=nyt-per"][COLOR=#004276]Osama bin Laden[/COLOR][/URL], warning that any similar action would lead to a reconsideration of the relationship with the United States.
    [/QUOTE]

Just what exactly does the US get out of this "relationship?" We send them billions, and Bin Laden was resting at the Pakistani Army's version of Shady Brook Farms for six years.

Yeah seriously. They can eat a huge bag of dicks.

I'm reading a very interesting book right now called Ghost Wars. Essentially Pakistan has been jerking us around and bilking us out of billions since the early 80s.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4021999]:rolleyes:

he would not tolerate a repeat of the American covert operation that killed Osama bin Laden.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. And what the f*** are they going to do about it? Not accept the 3 billion dollars were scheduled to hand over to them in "aid" this year?

:rolleyes:

Feeling froggy General Ashfaq-er? Seal Team Six has a few hours to spare. Want to meet with them personally to express your anger? They can be there at 1am...they'll rappel right down to the balcony your standing on right now...:yes:

Pakistan has threatened disastrous results if we pull another raid. No real need now is there. They also want a reduction in our military presence (about 275) in Pakistan.
    1. Pull all our troops out of there.
    2. Don't give them any more money.
    3. Continue to use drone attacks as we see fit.
    4.. Break off diplomatic relations. We pull our embassy. We expel theirs from the U.S.
    5. Put an embargo on all Pakistani good shipped to the U.S. They do a fair amount of textiles.
    6. Give greater support (not financial) to India.
    We do not need these dogs.

[QUOTE=pauliec;4022020]Yeah seriously. They can eat a huge bag of dicks.

I'm reading a very interesting book right now called Ghost Wars. Essentially Pakistan has been jerking us around and bilking us out of billions since the early 80s.[/QUOTE]

This isn't a black and white issue. They've arrested many terrorists and got KSM for us, which probably led to OBL.

And I think the "jerking around" works both ways. Didn't we stiff them on some fighter jets back in 1989? I think W eventually came through on the fighter jets a few years ago, though. (Which is why I never understood why the Pakistanis hated W -- he treated them much better than Clinton did).

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4022041]Pakistan has threatened disastrous results if we pull another raid. No real need now is there. They also want a reduction in our military presence (about 275) in Pakistan.
    1. Pull all our troops out of there.
    2. Don't give them any more money.
    3. Continue to use drone attacks as we see fit.
    4.. Break off diplomatic relations. We pull our embassy. We expel theirs from the U.S.
    5. Put an embargo on all Pakistani good shipped to the U.S. They do a fair amount of textiles.
    6. Give greater support (not financial) to India.
    We do not need these dogs.[/QUOTE]

+ a million

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=detectivekimble;4022059]And I think the "jerking around" works both ways. .[/QUOTE]

3 billion a year from us to them. They're not allowed to complain about anything we do. STFU Pakistan. Period.

Bewildered Beast
    That's like dirty cops crying that the FBI grabbed Gotti before they could.

All Pro
    It's such a shallow threat.

Let them "reevaluate" the relationship. We'll "reevaluate" our billions in aid, frequency of drone strikes, and military aid to India.

All League
    I've never understood why this nation has gone out of its way to have a "relationship" with Pakistan and alienated India.

**** the Pakis, lets have Delta or DevGru go in and eliminate Pakistans Nuke facility/storage site and tell India they have a Go.

pakistan is the AIG of countries too big to fail

[QUOTE=bitonti;4022246]pakistan is the AIG of countries too big to fail[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and they know it, too.

Jets Insider VIP
    We send them billions. They can't find UBL hiding in a mansion for 5 years down the road from a Pakistani military academy. Either complicity or incompetency...and neither is desirable from a supposed "ally" who possess the bomb, btw.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4022705]We send them billions. They can't find UBL hiding in a mansion for 5 years down the road from a Pakistani military academy. Either complicity or incompetency...and neither is desirable from a supposed "ally" who possess the bomb, btw.[/QUOTE]

The supply lines for Afghanistan war go through Pakistan

they can't go through Iran

Pakistan has tons of leverage in their relationship with the USA

and we did it to ourselves.

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;4022243]I've never understood why this nation has gone out of its way to have a "relationship" with Pakistan and alienated India.

**** the Pakis, lets have Delta or DevGru go in and eliminate Pakistans Nuke facility/storage site and tell India they have a Go.[/QUOTE]

It's very simple: They are the least stable, least reliable Nation on Earth who posssess nuclear weapons.

Since we're not going to do anything of the sort of what you suggest (blow up their nukes) without overwhelming cause, being their "big friend" is the best way available to manage and control them to some degree, exploit whomever is in their territory (like OBL), and limit the risk of a Nuclear Snafoo. In effect, we're buying the perception of added stabillity and safety from a regional nuclear war.

And we don't alienate India, per se. We like India, and they understand (generally) what our relationship with Pakistan is all about.
    Last edited by Warfish; 05-06-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Banned
    So let me get this straight. The Pakistanis have been hiding bin Laden for years (don't tell they didn't know he was there all this time), and they get pissed at us for going in and killing him without letting them know first?

Give me a break.

Re-evaluate our relationship, and go f*ck yourselves while you're at it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [B]warning that any similar action would lead to a reconsideration of the relationship with the United States. [/B]

:rofl:

Translation: "Invading our territory again may cause us to be angry with you, and POSSIBLY not be your friends anymore. Maybe even shake our fingers at you and say "BAD!". Maybe. We haven't decided. BTW, where's this month's check?"

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4023110]

Re-evaluate our relationship, and go f*ck yourselves while you're at it.[/QUOTE]

let me repeat myself

the supply lines for Afghanistan go through Pakistan.

that's pretty much the only way in...

[IMG]http://data.un.org/_Images/Maps/Afghanistan.gif[/IMG]

unless that war ends tomorrow we can't tell Pakistan go screw.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4023135]let me repeat myself

the supply lines for Afghanistan go through Pakistan.

that's pretty much the only way in...

[IMG]http://data.un.org/_Images/Maps/Afghanistan.gif[/IMG]

unless that war ends tomorrow we can't tell Pakistan go screw.[/QUOTE]

we should go through Iran.