Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Find Out Where You Fit In The Political Spectrum

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Find Out Where You Fit In The Political Spectrum

Interesting poll that took a few minutes to do. I don't think some of the answers are not really an either/or, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Surprisingly there are more options than libtard and fascist. (I borrowed that line).

[url]http://people-press.org/typology/quiz/[/url]

I was a Post-Modern.
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 05-05-2011 at 09:53 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, so was I. This is awkward.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    same same

post-modern

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool Test.I came out Libertarian

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Main Street Pub...

No shocker there...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Broken. Called me a libertarian.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;4022567]Hope you don't mind, piney, I fixed the link so it goes directly to the quiz.[/QUOTE]

how dare you make the link work more efficiently! :P

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post modern. Although I didn't really agree with any of the choices for some of the questions.

I don't believe in absolutes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4022589]Post modern. Although I didn't really agree with any of the choices for some of the questions.

I don't believe in absolutes.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, most issues aren't either or.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4022589]Post modern. Although I didn't really agree with any of the choices for some of the questions.

Wait a minute, you don't believe in God and you're financially well off? Where are you keeping the real Pauliec? And why are you wearing a Frank Sinatra fedora?

:eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, some were sort of..do you have something else...but just a frivolous fun exercise.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also Post-Modern

As a side note I have a question of what political party you think fits me best.....I have honestly never voted yet, but I am becoming more and more interested in politics. I just don't know what party to look at.

I'll list a few major issues and my views:

-When it comes to social issues: homosexuality, abortion, etc I am very liberal. I feel that we should live and let live as a basic principle.

- I am very much pro-death penalty....in fact we don't execute nearly enough scumbags soon enough....I also believe non-violent criminals mainly for drugs are crowding the jail system and the whole thing needs an overhaul

-I am for closing of the borders as much as possible. We do not need all of these immigrants. Of course, visas should be given out to people who are deserving.

-I am fine with paying up for the best military possible.

- I believe that we should stay out of foreign country affairs as much as possible. I like how we are hunting down terrorism abroad, but I prefer that we should worry about our borders first as a main rule.

-I am very much against government regulation as much as possible. For example: weed and gambling should be legal and no government involved in "moral" issues like these.

- I am only for strict government rules when it comes to the environment. The environment should be preserved as much as possible.

- I believe that all races should have EQUAL rights, no one should have an advantage over another. The best man for the job, period. When it comes to minorities having preferential treatment for getting into colleges or getting government jobs like they do now, I definitely don't agree with that.

- I am for higher taxes if it helps the public good. For example, better roads and bridges, better public education, etc I will be fine paying higher taxes.

- I think very basic healthcare should be given to all at a very low level. If you have the money or job to "upgrade" to what most of you pay for now than that is on you.

- I prefer to help out the poor in our country BEFORE helping the poor in other countries. However, the system needs to be re-done. I am very sympathetic to the single parent with 4 children working 3 jobs. However, we need a better way to weed out those who take advantage of welfare.
    Last edited by King Koopa; 05-06-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4022642]Wait a minute, you don't believe in God and you're financially well off? Where are you keeping the real Pauliec? And why are you wearing a Frank Sinatra fedora?

:eek:[/QUOTE]

The difference makers were the business questions and entitlement questions. As Paulie said, it was too clear cut.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

There were a few questions I didn't like either answer. I'm apparently post-modern.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;4022679]In that case I would encourage you to become a democrat. We don't want anyone on our team who calls himself a liberal on anything, so its best for everyone if you join the other side. :P

But seriously, you sound like a libertarian on some issues, conservative on others, and liberal on others, which means you probably should register as an independent. The downside is you cannot vote in the Republican or Democrat primaries, but politically you'll be where you are philosophically.[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks....I also could not figure it out because every test I take online puts me somewhere close to the middle of the political spectrum.

I guess independent would be perfect because if a Republican or Democrat has a good idea or view I agree with, I am all for it. I also would prefer to never "have to" back an idea I don't agree with just because they are in the same party.

It will be interesting to see if any of the republican candidates have views similar to mine during the primaries......I like some of Obama's views but he is far too liberal for me in some aspects

I know it would piss a lot of hardcore conservatives off (including you Ham as far as I can tell), but if the Republicans could find a candidate that was very laid back and progressive on some of the social and moral issues but still had the views of a conservative spending wise, they would be golden. IMO they would have a great chance to pick up a ton of independent votes,especially a lot of the younger generation. JMO

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4022692]

I know it would piss a lot of hardcore conservatives off (including you Ham as far as I can tell), but if the Republicans could find a candidate that was very laid back and progressive on some of the social and moral issues but still had the views of a conservative spending wise, they would be golden. IMO they would have a great chance to pick up a ton of independent votes,especially a lot of the younger generation. JMO[/QUOTE]

You mean [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_In_Name_Only"]RINO'[/URL]S

Like this guy.

[IMG]http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/michael_bloomberg.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-06-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4022707]
    [IMG]http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/michael_bloomberg.jpg[/IMG]
    You mean [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_In_Name_Only"]RINO'[/URL]S[/QUOTE]

Do you think if Bloomberg were the Republican nominee they would take New York in the electoral college? Or still no chance?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4022709]Do you think if Bloomberg were the Republican nominee they would take New York in the electoral college? Or still no chance?[/QUOTE]

No chance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4022710]No chance.[/QUOTE]

I agree. And Obama is probably even more popular than Derek Jeter in New York these days given the week he's had.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4022711]I agree. And Obama is probably even more popular than Derek Jeter in New York these days given the week he's had.[/QUOTE]

Bloomberg never had a shot with Republicans anyways. He's pro gay marriage, he's pro choice, he has strong gun-control views, and he was out in front, far more than any Democrat I can think of, especially the President, with support of the mosque near ground zero.