Thread: Who Would've Been Our 2nd round pick?

All Pro

Who Would've Been Our 2nd round pick?

Had we not traded it for Antionio Cromartie. Here is a list of the guys taken immediately after to get an idea of value at #61.

61 San Diego (from NY Jets) Jonas Mouton LB

62 Miami (from Chicago thru Washington) Daniel Thomas RB

63 Pittsburgh Marcus Gilbert OT

64 Green Bay Randall Cobb WR

65 Carolina Terrell McClain DT

66 Cincinnati Dontay Moch LB

67 Denver Nate IrvingLB

68 Buffalo Kelvin Shephard LB

69 Arizona Rob Housler TE

70 Kansas City (from Cleveland) Justin Houston LB

71 Dallas DeMarco Murray RB

72 New Orleans (from Washington) Martez Wilson LB

73 New England (from Houston) Stevan Ridley LB

74 New England (from Minnesota) Ryan Mallett QB

75 Seattle (from Detroit) John Moffitt C/G Wisconsin

76 Jacksonville (from San Francisco) Will Rackley G/T

77 Tennessee Jurrell Casey DT

I would've taken in this order: Martez Wilson, Dontay Moch, Justin Houston, Randall Cobb

Too bad.

Justin Houston I would hope. But given the way we drafted more then likely Cobb.

All League
    Probably Kenrick Ellis. Tannenbaum and co did say they had him ranked 36 on their board.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Probably Kenrick Ellis. Tannenbaum and co did say they had him ranked 36 on their board.
    Good one and very likely.But for me knowing that Ellis is there with our third pick I would've guessed Houston

Chances are, someone NOT as good as Cromartie . . .

jonas mouton is a scrappy player but seriously that was about a 3 round reach

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Even though its not necessarily a position of need for this year, I would give serious consideration to Kelvin Sheppard. I can't see Bart Scott on this team past 2011 - at least not with his current deal. So, Sheppard provides great depth at ILB and could step in next to D Harris for the future.

Of course, I'm not sure if you can really pass up Justin Houston at that spot for his potential upside, assuming the team didn't have him off the board completely. Martez Wilson too.

But if we are able to consider the rest of our draft before we make that pick, I think it has to be a LB.

The LB from Iowa that went undrafted

good point. i think the more interesting question is, who would the jets have taken in the 3rd round, assuming that ellis went in the 2nd. not sure they would have taken powell then.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    good point. i think the more interesting question is, who would the jets have taken in the 3rd round, assuming that ellis went in the 2nd. not sure they would have taken powell then.
    If we took Ellis in the 2nd, i would guess Acho would have been the 3rd round pick. He was a Jets visit, which is a must it seems for the Jets to draft you and Cimini reported he was in considerstion with Ellis for the 3rd round pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd take Cro over any of them....we need to resign that guy

All Pro
    If we took Ellis in the 2nd, i would guess Acho would have been the 3rd round pick. He was a Jets visit, which is a must it seems for the Jets to draft you and Cimini reported he was in considerstion with Ellis for the 3rd round pick.
    Wilk
    Ellis
    Acho

That would have been sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I'd take Cro over any of them....we need to resign that guy
    if we had to rank the Jets in order of "how difficult to sign" i'd rank them 4. Harris, 3. Edwards. 2. Holmes 1. Cromartie.

the CB market is nuts. a half dozen teams will bit on Aso like crazy and if they miss out... Cro is easily the 2nd best option. 9-10 mil per year for Cro is not unthinkable...the Jets won't give him that.

they could sign Harris quickly, tag Cro and punt on 1 of Holmes/Edwards. or both of em. the ILB tag is the cheapest so that could just stay on Harris all year.

it's hard for me to see a scenario where all 4 are Jets next year.

I think Cobb and they would have used the 5th differently.

would have liked Moch or Houston.