Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Questions about our 2 parties

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions about our 2 parties

I have never been into politics much, but I have started to become more interested lately. A few questions have been on my mind about the Republican/Democrat System we have.

1. Do you belong to the Republican or Democrat Party?

2. If so, do you vote for your party no matter what? Have you ever voted across party lines?

3. Do you think more candidates with a chance to actually win the presidency would be beneficial for us? For example (5-6 candidates instead of just Obama (D) vs. McCain (R) )

I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to this kinda stuff, but I feel like having just 2 main choices kinda sucks and splits the country in some ways. Just from being an observer on this forum all you get are cheap shots and bickering about the opposite parties. I feel like this country was created for everyone to be independent and to think for themselves. Not to take anything away from anyone who believes in what a certain party stands for, but the whole system seems kinda screwed up. :huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4022733]

2. If so, do you vote for your party no matter what? Have you ever voted across party lines?

3. Do you think more candidates with a chance to actually win the presidency would be beneficial for us? For example (5-6 candidates instead of just Obama (D) vs. McCain (R) )

[/QUOTE]

[LIST=1][*]I'm a registered Conservative.
    [*]No, I don't vote for my party no matter what, but it isn't always that my party has a candidate for every position either. I do my measured best to vote for who/what will serve my interests best.
    [*]I think multiple viable candidates will water down the Big 2 voting block, but I don't believe it will result in a different outcome. Many people vote according to their party ideology as opposed to a careful consideration of the actual issues/policies. The devil is always in the details...[/LIST]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4022733]I have never been into politics much, but I have started to become more interested lately. A few questions have been on my mind about the Republican/Democrat System we have.

I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to this kinda stuff, but I feel like having just 2 main choices kinda sucks and splits the country in some ways. Just from being an observer on this forum all you get are cheap shots and bickering about the opposite parties. I feel like this country was created for everyone to be independent and to think for themselves. Not to take anything away from anyone who believes in what a certain party stands for, but the whole system seems kinda screwed up. :huh:[/QUOTE]

1.) Democrat

2.) No, and yes...voted across party lines quite often. Local elections in particular...even though where I live, the Republicans are the ones insisting on NOT downsizing the size of local government and are the ones PUSHING to raise and raise taxes year after year. Weird.

3.) America isn't ready for that. We will be once the "Which candidate would you rather have a beer with" question stops getting asked every election. I have a really good friend who I really enjoy drinking with, but I would be mortified if he ran for ANY public office. That is no way to measure qualifications for president...but this country seems destined for American Idol-like elections.