Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What really happened during the OBL raid?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What really happened during the OBL raid?

Ideas?

He's got a gun, he doesn't have a gun; then he has an AK47 nearby, but not close enough to grab.

One of his wives gets used as a human shield and is killed; then she's only wounded; then she tried to rush the SEALs, and got it in the leg.

First it was capture or kill; then it was kill only; then it was kill because he resisted; then it was back to kill.

Its almost like this administration can't decide whether to tell the truth, make the story palatable to the Left base, or make Obama out to be the next Rambo.

It can't be Fog of War, right? All the planning, everything goes nearly perfect, but not one of the SEALs can remember exactly how it went down? :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt we'll know the whole truth of it.

Not in our lifetime, at least.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And it begins............

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he put his hands up in surrender. Then the SEALs put him on his knees, let him beg for his worthless life, and then blew his head off.

At least that's what I hope they did.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4023138
    Its almost like this administration can't decide whether to tell the truth, make the story palatable to the Left base, or make Obama out to be the next Rambo.
    [/QUOTE]

not all the information you question in your post came from the administration

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4023138]but not one of the SEALs can remember exactly how it went down? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Every single one of them can likely cite the incident verbatim...

The White House clearly screwed the pooch but I don't really give a sh!t what the media reports. I'm just looking at the final result and I'm happy with it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;4023147]It was a kill mission, absolutely and positively, but we can never publicly acknowledge it.

Just for the record, I have absolutely no problem with a mission to kill Osama Bin Laden, quite the contrary, I think it was a great idea, but I'm surprised Obama went for it.[/QUOTE]

Probably right. I think capture would have been the worst of the 2 options with regards to terrorist retaliation - if OBL was being held by the US, seems they would be even more motivated to initiate something devastating, then put it out there that it could be avoided with OBL's return, which they know we could never do, and you have a terrorist's dream - widespread panic either way, and if they pull it off, US govt's worst nightmare, a 'decision' that allowed a theoretically avoidable attack.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4023152]Every single one of them can likely cite the incident verbatim...

The White House clearly screwed the pooch but I don't really give a sh!t what the media reports. I'm just looking at the final result and I'm happy with it.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, how this is presented is nearly as important as getting it done.

Is it presented in a way that says "don't **** with us?" or that says "We stumbled onto success after waffling over it for days/weeks"? Big difference and may yield different results down the road. :(

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4023152]Every single one of them can likely cite the incident verbatim...

The White House clearly screwed the pooch but I don't really give a sh!t what the media reports. [B]I'm just looking at the final result and I'm happy with it.[/B][/QUOTE]

+1

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4023169]Unfortunately, how this is presented is nearly as important as getting it done.

Is it presented in a way that says "don't **** with us?" or that says "We stumbled onto success after waffling over it for days/weeks"? Big difference and may yield different results down the road. :([/QUOTE]

The bullet in his head says "don't **** with us"

The 10 years it took to find him is enough of a faux pas that a few more months didn't matter... Just my opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4023169] "We stumbled onto success after waffling over it for days/weeks"? Big difference [/QUOTE]

that's a fairly partisan outlook. next you'll be telling us that Bush waterboarded the location out of Khalid Mohammad in 2003 but the US Gov't has been sitting on it for 10 years

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4023214]\Bush waterboarded the location out of Khalid Mohammad in 2003 but the US Gov't has been sitting on it for 10 years[/QUOTE]

Do you think because his MB handle is related to physics that he's somehow living in 2013? :i_dont_kn

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    While the info coming out of the White House has been confusing, right from the moment we started hearing about it on Sunday night, I put that up to the fact that this administration continues to learn on the fly. I've said from the start I thought BO in over his head.

That being said, I honestly give them a pass on the confusion thing, the bottom line is they got the most hated man in the world, and they did it aggressively. The final outcome cleans the slate on the subject for me.

Obama and our special forces shine like the sun for me on this one.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    There's no doubt in my mind Bin Laid Dead surrendered and was executed by the Seals....as he should have been....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boom head shot.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF?

They burst in and shot him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;4023475]Talk about rude![/QUOTE]

LOLz.

Why does everyone want to make it a Lifetime Movie of the Week? :confused:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4023478]LOLz.

Why does everyone want to make it a Lifetime Movie of the Week? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Who wouldn't want to see Meredith Baxter Burney take a bullet?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He isn't going to need dialysis anymore. He is knock knock knockin on the oceans floor! If he made it that far!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better Questions:

Who diligently created and worked on this plan, and actually gave the Order (not the authorization) for the raid?

Who sat on the sidelines with a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face the whole time?

:jets17