Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What really happened during the OBL raid?

In the middle of a high level raid, Seals expected to be not only shot at but were on alert and looking for explosive devices within the compound, do not play around when attempting to take someone in custody. Either you comply or you become dead, they aren't a police department.

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;4023694]Better Questions:

Who diligently created and worked on this plan, and actually gave the Order (not the authorization) for the raid?

Who sat on the sidelines with a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face the whole time?

:jets17[/QUOTE]

You?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cr726;4023706]In the middle of a high level raid, Seals expected to be not only shot at but were on alert and looking for explosive devices within the compound, do not play around when attempting to take someone in custody. Either you comply or you become dead, they aren't a police department.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the others who have tagged this as purely a kill mission, which I fully support.

Does anyone else think of the Mossad systematically hunting down the Olympic terrorists when they think of this incredible mission?

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4023764]I agree with the others who have tagged this as purely a kill mission, which I fully support.

Does anyone else think of the Mossad systematically hunting down the Olympic terrorists when they think of this incredible mission?[/QUOTE]

No, I don't believe we put a team together to hunt down and kill. We brought many of them alive to GITMO. We also formely filed charges against Ben Laden if Federal Court years ago.

The Israeli's also kidnapped Eichman from Argentina and put him on trial.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 05-07-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=quantum;4023169]Unfortunately, how this is presented is nearly as important as getting it done.

Is it presented in a way that says "don't **** with us?" or that says "We stumbled onto success after waffling over it for days/weeks"? Big difference and may yield different results down the road. :([/QUOTE](a) "don't **** with us"
    breached the compound, stormed the room, put 2 bullets in his head.