Thread: bin Ladens Funeral

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

bin Ladens Funeral

This one I have to support Mr Obama on. I believe the service was held in accordance of Muslim Law burial at sea not one of the. But I think the President wanted the service in accordance with Muslim Burial Ritual not as a the right thing to do for bin Laden but in respect to Islamac Law.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4023951]This one I have to support Mr Obama on. I believe the service was held in accordance of Muslim Law burial at sea not one of the. But I think the President wanted the service in accordance with Muslim Burial Ritual not as a the right thing to do for bin Laden but in respect to Islamac Law.[/QUOTE]

That......

Is one heckuva post.

COngrats!;)

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    BEER. It's not just for breakfast anymore!

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    This pig didn't deserve any type of final respects. Instead of fouling up the ocean with this garbage , he should have been thrown in a pit beneath an outhouse in Appalachia....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the Isamic burial was odd. What's the logic? Who are we seeking to placate. We KILLED the guy. I think the any person who was mad that we killed him, did not suddenly soften their position because we attempted to give hm a proper Islamic funeral. Am I to understand their is some segment of Islam that would have been more upset at OBL's death and more likely to join the jihad if we killed OBL and did NOT give him an proper funeral? The premise is ludicrous.

I am glad the guy is dead. The world is better off. But I do have some problems with how we handled this.

1) My preferred option was to tell no one. Wouldn't all the information we took from his compound be more valuable if we had kept it secret, at least for a while. It would have allowed us to move secretly agianst other Al Qeada elements. It may have also helped to identify OBL's contacts in the ISI if they feared we had him alive. Yes I know his wife, who we left there (why I do not know?) could tell the ISI he was dead, but we all know they would have doubts. It just seems NOT announcing it to the entire world right away was the smarter play.

2) No need for us to give him a proper islamic send off. It accomplishes nothing (see above). Plus, tradition has it for bodies to be returned to the family. In this case the Bin Laden family in Saudi Arabia. Even Saddam's body was given to his family. The Bin Laden's, who are close to the king and do not like the bad publicity associated with OBL would never have allowed his burial site to be a memorial. Frankly, if we were concerned with doing the proper thing, offering the body to his family was the way to go.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4024045]I thought the Isamic burial was odd. What's the logic? Who are we seeking to placate. We KILLED the guy. I think the any person who was mad that we killed him, did not suddenly soften their position because we attempted to give hm a proper Islamic funeral. Am I to understand their is some segment of Islam that would have been more upset at OBL's death and more likely to join the jihad if we killed OBL and did NOT give him an proper funeral? The premise is ludicrous.

I am glad the guy is dead. The world is better off. But I do have some problems with how we handled this.

1) My preferred option was to tell no one. Wouldn't all the information we took from his compound be more valuable if we had kept it secret, at least for a while. It would have allowed us to move secretly agianst other Al Qeada elements. It may have also helped to identify OBL's contacts in the ISI if they feared we had him alive. Yes I know his wife, who we left there (why I do not know?) could tell the ISI he was dead, but we all know they would have doubts. It just seems NOT announcing it to the entire world right away was the smarter play.

2) No need for us to give him a proper islamic send off. It accomplishes nothing (see above). Plus, tradition has it for bodies to be returned to the family. In this case the Bin Laden family in Saudi Arabia. Even Saddam's body was given to his family. The Bin Laden's, who are close to the king and do not like the bad publicity associated with OBL would never have allowed his burial site to be a memorial. Frankly, if we were concerned with doing the proper thing, offering the body to his family was the way to go.[/QUOTE]

From what i have read, Saudia Arabia refused to take his body.....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.break.com/index/barack-obamas-real-speech-on-bin-laden-2055230[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pointless.

Osama didn't deserve Muslim respect because he wasn't a real Muslim. He effectively denounced his own religion as soon as he decided it was up to him to take innocent lives.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;4023982]I'm glad they tossed him in the ocean so there's no grave-site for Jihadists to visit and pay homage to this animal.[/QUOTE]

They bury their dead in the desert no markers allowed. Even the Royal Family gets the same treatment.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4024096]From what i have read, Saudia Arabia refused to take his body.....[/QUOTE]

The bin Laden family disowned along time ago.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4023996]This pig didn't deserve any type of final respects. Instead of fouling up the ocean with this garbage , he should have been thrown in a pit beneath an outhouse in Appalachia....[/QUOTE]

Why do you hate Appalachians?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4024270]Why do you hate Appalachians?[/QUOTE]

I hate everyone.....