Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obama on 60 minutes today

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4024849]You know, it's getting kinda tiresome with the Warfish scorecard of "hypocrisy." One of the things that actually will seriously contribute the ruination of the politics forum is stuff like this. Warfish seems to style himself the local Diogenes with his lantern, looking for "one honest man," while everyone else is a hypocritical sophist. If the thread above isn't a personal attack, I don't know what is.... seems way over the top.[/QUOTE]

Hey, cut WF some slack -- it can't be comfortable trying to post with a fencepost jabbing into your hiney! :D

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4024849]You know, it's getting kinda tiresome with the Warfish scorecard of "hypocrisy." One of the things that actually will seriously contribute the ruination of the politics forum is stuff like this. Warfish seems to style himself the local Diogenes with his lantern, looking for "one honest man," while everyone else is a hypocritical sophist. If the thread above isn't a personal attack, I don't know what is.... seems way over the top.[/QUOTE]

personal attacks are all the rage here now but make sure you don't call anyone a teabager
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-09-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4024853]You love to play stupid don't you...[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least I can say I'm only playing :moon2:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4022672]You must be drunk. I've stated my view clearly. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4024856]personal attacks are all the rage here now [/QUOTE]

-

[QUOTE=32green;4024862]-[/QUOTE]

YOU GOT ME :rolleyes:

that whole conversation was another example of shakin playing stupid.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-09-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4024856][B]personal attacks are all the rage here now[/B] but make sure you don't call anyone a teabager[/QUOTE]

It always has been.

Why partake in an actual political debate when you can just label someone with a different viewpoint as a libtard, commie, defeatocrat, or America-hater?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4024856]personal attacks are all the rage here now but make sure you don't call anyone a teabager[/QUOTE]

Oh noez you diint...you really edited a post again? Here? :wave2:

[QUOTE=shakin318;4024875]Oh noez you diint...you really edited a post again? Here? :wave2:[/QUOTE]

What? no longer feel like defending the previous administration for their efforts to connect 9/11 to Iraq?

:rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4024886]What? no longer feel like defending the previous administration for their efforts to connect 9/11 to Iraq? [/QUOTE]

Show me where I defended the previous administration for their efforts to connect 9/11 to Iraq. Thanks!

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4024856]personal attacks are all the rage here now but make sure you don't call anyone a teabager[/QUOTE]

And the winner for this year's Biggest Whiner in the JI Politics Forum category goes to.... ( drumroll please )

[QUOTE=pauliec;4024900]And the winner for this year's Biggest Whiner in the JI Politics Forum category goes to.... ( drumroll please )[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4024165&postcount=4[/url]

Maybe you should do your job.

All Pro
    Abusive [I]ad hominem[/I] (also called personal abuse or personal attacks) usually involves insulting or belittling one's opponent in order to invalidate their argument, but can also involve pointing out factual but ostensible character flaws or actions that are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and negative facts about the opponent's personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent's arguments or assertions.

Just sayin... :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4024903][url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4024165&postcount=4[/url]

Maybe you should do your job.[/QUOTE]

You get quite a bit of latitude yourself.

Think about it.

-

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4024903][url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4024165&postcount=4[/url]

Maybe you should do your job.[/QUOTE]

Lol...I saw that comment. And then I saw your comment about how conservatives never get punished for saying things like that, and then I saw your other comment to Potato about how he had Bush's cock in his mouth. As far asi was concerned, the issue was taken care of.

[QUOTE=pauliec;4024911]Lol...I saw that comment. And then I saw your comment about how conservatives never get punished for saying things like that, [B]and then I saw your other comment to Potato about how he had Bush's cock in his mouth[/B]. As far asi was concerned, the issue was taken care of.[/QUOTE]

He said that then whined about personal attacks 10 minutes later... No way :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=pauliec;4024911]Lol...I saw that comment. And then I saw your comment about how conservatives never get punished for saying things like that, and then I saw your other comment to Potato about how he had Bush's cock in his mouth. As far asi was concerned, the issue was taken care of.[/QUOTE]

if you won't do anything about i will. if that's how it should be taken care of from here on out. good. in other words there are no rules against personal attacks.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4024922]if you won't do anything about i will. if that's how it should be taken care of from here on out. good. in other words there are no rules against personal attacks.[/QUOTE]

Wow dude, you do NOT know when to stop. See the thread I just posted, in case you missed it.

[QUOTE=pauliec;4024927]Wow dude, you do NOT know when to stop. See the thread I just posted, in case you missed it.[/QUOTE]

nice thread, i'm sure it will make a huge difference. it's already made a huge impact, a fellow mod no less. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=shakin318;4024920]This is like McDonald's announcing they're taking hamburgers off the menu. Wait, did I type that out loud?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4024931]nice thread, i'm sure it will make a huge difference. it's already made a huge impact, a fellow mod no less. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You know, most people appreciate the effort I put into modding this forum. And by most, I mean all, with the exception of you. I've gotten generally good feedback from everyone excpept you, and the only thing you usually have to contribute is a thinly veiled insult or a whiny claim of victimhood. It's not very flattering on your part.

No one is forcing you to post here.

Btw, that "gotcha" quote makes no sense. If you're going to tattle on people, at least provide some reference.

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4024849]You know, it's getting kinda tiresome with the Warfish scorecard of "hypocrisy." [/QUOTE]

Because I care what any of you find tiresome?

Here is a solution, don't be a flip flopping party-worshiper who blows where the party propaganda tells you too each day, stop being worhtless little unthinking sheeple drones, and I'll have no excuse to remind folks how little actual integrity they have in the posting history here.

Paulie, do me, them, and everyone a favor. Ban me now.

Because if you don't, I swear it, you'll be banning me later.