Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when Reagan raised taxes

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;4027082]Obama got a budget from his own commission and has refused to go along with it. Face he is a gutless coward! [/QUOTE]

a gutless coward doesn't order seal team 6 into pakistan

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;4027110]a gutless coward doesn't order seal team 6 into pakistan[/QUOTE]

He didn't make a call that any sitting president wouldn't have made based on the intel at hand. The only difference is if it was a Repub president, it wouldn't have been called "gutty," it would have been called a "criminal unilateral cowboy action."

[QUOTE=shakin318;4027181]He didn't make a call that any sitting president wouldn't have made based on the intel at hand. The only difference is if it was a Repub president, it wouldn't have been called "gutty," it would have been called a "criminal unilateral cowboy action."[/QUOTE]

so... are you defending Mn's comment that President Obama... is a gutless coward?

sitting Presidents make alot of calls. the democrats have "black hawk down", Iran Debacle and the Bay of Pigs as their last 3 notable calls. that's their track record, as a party. Clinton's Aspirin factory missile strike was another embarassment.

the safe play was to send a B-2, Obama did make a very gutsy call... history will be written in that fashion and deservedly so...
    Last edited by bitonti; 05-12-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4027181]He didn't make a call that any sitting president wouldn't have made based on the intel at hand. The only difference is if it was a Repub president, it wouldn't have been called "gutty," it would have been called a "criminal unilateral cowboy action."[/QUOTE]

lol
    you must of been in the room with these guys

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110512/ts_alt_afp/usattacksbinladenobamagatespolitics[/url]

[url]http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/02/breaking-president-obamas-gutsy-decision/[/url]

+1

With that said, Mn is utterly wrong. Obama is alot of things, an "utter coward" is not one of them. Exactly the opposite tbh, he's exceedingly full of bravado, arrogance, confidence and an absolute faith in his own greatness and ideals (like most libs), completely convinced that he is smarter than the rest of us, and as such should be able to tell us what to do and how to live and what is "fair" (again, like most libs), for our "own good".

Coward? No. Not even close.

All League
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4027181]He didn't make a call that any sitting president wouldn't have made based on the intel at hand. [B]The only difference is if it was a Repub president, it wouldn't have been called "gutty," it would have been called a "criminal unilateral cowboy action."[/B][/QUOTE]

Only one Republican president got labeled a "criminal unilateral cowboy", because, well, we didn't need to fight in Iraq - and pretty much everyone on either side of aisle now agrees with that.

So lets not make this into "well those goddamed liberals would have cried bloody murderer if a Republican did that!" - because your premise isn't true.

Again, only one Republican President got the "unilateral cowboy" stigma.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4027227]
    So lets not make this into "well those goddamed liberals would have cried bloody murderer if a Republican did that!" - because your premise isn't true.
    [/QUOTE]

The premise is absolutely, categorically true.

All League
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4027240]The premise is absolutely, categorically true.[/QUOTE]

Other than GWB, which Republican President has been labeled anything like a "unilateral cowboy"?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4027246]Other than GWB, which Republican President has been labeled anything like a "unilateral cowboy"?[/QUOTE]

Top of my head...

Nixon..regarding Cambodia
    Reagan...regarding Grenada

All League
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;4027258]Top of my head...

Nixon..regarding Cambodia
    Reagan...regarding Grenada[/QUOTE]

Are you just naming unilateral engagements under Republican administrations?

Because as far as I can tell, nobody ever criticized Nixon for being a cowboy (in the foolhardy, 'not thinking it through' connotation of that word).

And Granada, really? The vast, vast majority of the American public supported that action - and as far as I can tell, Mr Reagan was never labeled anything like a cowboy for it.

Lets cut through the sh*t - Bush earned that moniker because of Iraq... and it stuck because a whole hell of a lot of Americans felt that action was unnecessary and poorly planned.

Neither Granada, nor Cambodia were perceived the same way.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4027240]The premise is absolutely, categorically true.[/QUOTE]

No its not, its just silly.

No one would criticize Bush for taking out Bin Laden. NO ONE.

Banned
    [QUOTE=FF2;4027297]No its not, its just silly.

No one would criticize Bush for taking out Bin Laden. NO ONE.[/QUOTE]

besides micheal moore and people of his ilk

he thought for his credit has criticized president obama

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4027292]Are you just naming unilateral engagements under Republican administrations?

Because as far as I can tell, nobody ever criticized Nixon for being a cowboy (in the foolhardy, 'not thinking it through' connotation of that word).

And Granada, really? The vast, vast majority of the American public supported that action - and as far as I can tell, Mr Reagan was never labeled anything like a cowboy for it.

Lets cut through the sh*t - Bush earned that moniker because of Iraq... and it stuck because a whole hell of a lot of Americans felt that action was unnecessary and poorly planned.

Neither Granada, nor Cambodia were perceived the same way.[/QUOTE]

You asked a question..I gave you an answer.

But I suppose your ever-moving definition of a "cowboy" will prove elusive no matter what I say.

Those 4 kids at Kent State might be able to clarify to us whether they thought Nixon was a "cowboy" for his Cambodian Incursion..if they weren't dead.

All League
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;4027305]You asked a question..I gave you an answer.

But I suppose your ever-moving definition of a "cowboy" will prove elusive no matter what I say.

Those 4 kids at Kent State might be able to clarify to us whether they thought Nixon was a "cowboy" for his Cambodian Incursion..if they weren't dead.[/QUOTE]

I thought the issue was whether a large segment of the population viewed anyone other than GWB as a "criminal unilateral cowboy"?

I mean seriously, were there some people who maybe viewed Nixon and Reagan that way? Sure, I could believe that. Just as I'm sure there were people who might have viewed Clinton like that.

But it was never to the degree of W. Lets be fair here.

All League
    Nobody looks back at Nixon's Cambodia campaign or Reagan's Granada campaign and criticizes them or those actions because they thought they were foolhardy or were upset that we went in unilaterally.

Can you say that for W Bush?

In fact, the last President (before Bush) that I think was criticized for something like that was LBJ... a democrat.
    Last edited by SafetyBlitz; 05-12-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4027313]I thought the issue was whether a large segment of the population viewed anyone other than GWB as a "criminal unilateral cowboy"? [/QUOTE]

I didn't see any prior mention of a "large segment of the population", just a question as to whether a label was used to refer to a GOP President.

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4027313]I mean seriously, were there some people who maybe viewed [B]Nixon[/B] and Reagan that way? Sure, I could believe that. Just as I'm sure there were people who might have viewed Clinton like that.

[B]But it was never to the degree of W.[/B] Lets be fair here.[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, you really really need to read up on Richard Nixon.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4027315]Nobody looks back at Nixon's Cambodia campaign or Reagan's Granada campaign and criticizes them or those actions because they thought they were foolhardy or were upset that we went in unilaterally[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, you really really need to read up on Richard Nixon.

All League
    Nixon was a criminal for other reasons, not Cambodia.

Who thinks back and says "Oh that Nixon, he really f***ed up in Cambodia".

Nobody.