Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Political Forum Announcement

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Special Political Forum Announcement

I've been noticing a whole new, elevated level of contentiousness here on the Politics forum. Spirited debate is one thing (and wholly encouraged) but I ask that everyone stop going out their way to antagonize one another. Sarcastic, cutting remarks, reponses meant to disparage, and other drive-by snide comments are becoming way to prevalent. Let's face it, no one here is a foreign policy expert -- with the exception of perhaps Equilibrium. There's no reason for anyone to carry on with a know it all attitude.

And like I said in the past, if anyone has any problems, PM ME. Don't play the victim card or complain randomly to no one in threads.

Grazie.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this post is directed entirely at Bit, I agree 100%. :cool:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is like McDonald's announcing they're taking hamburgers off the menu. Wait, did I type that out loud?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4024919]If this post is directed entirely at Bit, I agree 100%. :cool:[/QUOTE]

It's directed at everyone -- libs and cons, mods and non mods, backwoods upstate NY libertarians and cityfolk. Everyone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4024925]It's directed at everyone -- libs and cons, mods and non mods, backwoods upstate NY libertarians and cityfolk. Everyone.[/QUOTE]

It was about time you did something.

If you didn't, somebody else would have ;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    As someone who's been here on JI since '98 (when there were like 3 of us total), I can tell you that the offseason always gets hairier in the political forum. Some years it takes care of itself, other years we have some posters that always take attacks on their candidate or "side" personally, and it goes downhill from there. A sense of humor and a thick skin got most of the long-timers here through it all...other times we need a Paulie to put the hammer down. Clearly some posters here have zero sense of humor, so Paulie, do what you gotta do.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/announcement.php?f=31[/url]

[QUOTE]We are re-opening this board with two simple rules.

1. You need at least 100 posts in the forums to participate here.

2. [B]Make your points in a respectful manner. If you don't, you risk banishment from not only this forum, but the entire site. We will have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy regarding this.[/B] Our best advice is that if you have any question in your mind that your post may be offensive, a personal attack, in poor taste or disrespectful to others, don't post it and risk your membership here.

Remember, the mods here are not referees. Any monkey business will be dealt with harshly and swiftly. Simply summarized, play nice or don't post.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

-The JI Staff- [/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4024925]...backwoods upstate NY...[/QUOTE]

I resemble that remark... :steamin:

;)

It's not that backwoods. I live on an operating winery and can see across Lake Erie to Canada. Just because I spent the weekend cutting down trees and setting the biggest bonfire I've ever done doesn't make me that bumpkin-ish.

I was drinking Genny Light all weekend. You may have a point....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4024954][url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/announcement.php?f=31[/url][/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm talking about -- snide, drive-by remarks that seem to say, "You're doing a **** job as mod and watch, I'll prove it to you!"

For this forum to work effectively, everyone has to be on board. It won't work if everyone is on board and you're on the sidelines, whining like a petulant child that I don't treat everyone fairly. As 32green noted, I;ve given you a great deal of latitude and you continued to throw it back in my face. Take 48 hours, regroup, and try to come back a little bit humbler.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4024966]I resemble that remark... :steamin:

;)

It's not that backwoods. I live on an operating winery and can see across Lake Erie to Canada. Just because I spent the weekend cutting down trees and setting the biggest bonfire I've ever done doesn't make me that bumpkin-ish.

I was drinking Genny Light all weekend. You may have a point....[/QUOTE]

I don't even know wtf Genny Light is.

Seriously, I don't. :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4024999]I don't even know wtf Genny Light is.

Seriously, I don't. :D[/QUOTE]

It's a whole night of drinkin when you only gots two bucks in yo pocket

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree with shakin the offseason brings out the worst in posters and unfortunately this could be the longest offseason ever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I just get weary of the descent to name-calling and score-carding. Derails every discussion of any issue. What should be banned from this site is every derrogatory description of the opposition. If somebody makes a stupid point (in your opinion), show him the error of his ways. I'm yet to see anybody win an argument by insult, although some posters have tried mightily to do so.

That's all I've got. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4025005]It's a whole night of drinkin when you only gots two bucks in yo pocket[/QUOTE]

Ah 12 packs of Genny 12 horse cream ale for the ride home from college. :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4024954][url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/announcement.php?f=31[/url][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]1. You need at least 100 posts in the forums to participate here.[/QUOTE]

^another rule that isn't followed
    took my forever to post in here :mad:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4025034]Ah 12 packs of Genny 12 horse cream ale for the ride home from college. :yes:[/QUOTE]

challenge that you went to college btw...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4024942]As someone who's been here on JI since '98 (when there were like 3 of us total), I can tell you that the offseason always gets hairier in the political forum. Some years it takes care of itself, other years we have some posters that always take attacks on their candidate or "side" personally, and it goes downhill from there. A sense of humor and a thick skin got most of the long-timers here through it all...other times we need a Paulie to put the hammer down. Clearly some posters here have zero sense of humor, so Paulie, do what you gotta do.[/QUOTE]

Gebbus my ironical meter just exploded.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4025034]Ah 12 packs of Genny 12 horse cream ale for the ride home from college. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Genny creme sucks...when I went to school upstate NY all the guys from upstate talked about was Genny creme....

God awful......

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;4025083]challenge that you went to college btw...[/QUOTE]

Someone had to stop your drunken tirades! :D
    Last edited by cr726; 05-09-2011 at 08:00 PM.