Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strain on forces in the field at a five-year high

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4026180]If Bin Laden did not get killed the republicans would be all over that:D[/QUOTE]

I believe you have missed my sarcasm: if Bush did this, the reactions would be markedly different.

Banned
    [QUOTE=quantum;4026188]I believe you have missed my sarcasm: if Bush did this, the reactions would be markedly different.[/QUOTE]

if bush did this there would be a parade for him down broadway in his flight suit

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/m/717/2098/bushhero.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by drunk kid catholic; 05-11-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=drunk kid catholic;4026190]if bush did this there would be a parade for him down broadway in his flight suit

[IMG]http://files.sharenator.com/bush_hero_flight_suit_America_****_YEA-s580x406-171180.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

you should visit the "should MJ be legalized?" thread. :yes:

[QUOTE=bitonti;4026036]there are no guarantees in life... all we can look at is history... those that don't recognize the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.[/QUOTE]

Funny.

But you'll never understand why it's funny.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4026036]is there something in a history book that says if we stay in the ME forever they'll never attempt to terrorize?

there are no guarantees in life... all we can look at is history... those that don't recognize the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=bitonti;4026036]911 was a fluke, a one in a million shot... the threat of terrorism to the continental USA has been way overblown.[/quote]

Tell that to the families of the service members who were slain in Fort Hood...

Or how about the recruitment center shooting in Arkansas...

The underwear bomber...

The car bomb in Times Square...

The bombs we found thanks to the tipoff from the Saudi's headed from Yemen to here...

Sunshine, rainbows and kittens, Bit. That's what you're all about.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4026395]Tell that to the families of the service members who were slain in Fort Hood...

Or how about the recruitment center shooting in Arkansas...

The underwear bomber...

The car bomb in Times Square...

The bombs we found thanks to the tipoff from the Saudi's headed from Yemen to here...

Sunshine, rainbows and kittens, Bit. That's what you're all about.[/QUOTE]

bad examples
    none of those are on par with 9/11
    most of them were done by americans, lone wolfs and or were utter failures by inept morons.

[QUOTE=drunk kid catholic;4026427]bad examples
    most of them were done by americans, lone wolfs and or were utter failures by inept morons.[/QUOTE]

Americans, eh... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. The 9/11 hijackers were Americans too then...

And because some failed they should be discounted. Gotcha. Glad we cleared that up

Banned
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4026438]Americans, eh... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. The 9/11 hijackers were Americans too then...

And because some failed they should be discounted. Gotcha. Glad we cleared that up[/QUOTE]

:confused:

the fort hood shooter and the time square 'bomber" are american citizens. the 9/11 hijackers were not
    and no they shouldn't be discounted but lets not treat them more than what they are

All Pro
    [QUOTE=drunk kid catholic;4026427]bad examples
    most of them were done by americans, lone wolfs and or were utter failures by inept morons.[/QUOTE]

lone wolfs (sic) associated with Hezbollah, Hamas, Al Qaeda, Lashkar-e-Tayyiba?

More than 80 percent of all convictions tied to international terrorist groups and homegrown terrorism since[COLOR=black] 9/11 involve defendants driven by a radical Islamist agenda, a review of Department of Justice statistics [/COLOR]shows. Though Muslims represent about 1 percent of the American population, they constitute defendants in 186 of the 228 cases DOJ lists.
    [B][COLOR=#006699][/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR=black]list is not all-inclusive [/COLOR]

[URL]http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/March-26-2010-NSD-Final-Statistics.pdf[/URL]

[QUOTE=quantum;4026192]you should visit the "should MJ be legalized?" thread. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Are you really this out of touch?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=drunk kid catholic;4026447]and no they shouldn't be discounted but lets not treat them more than what they are[/QUOTE]

Yeah. They were Saudis.

Why do we keep sucking Saudi d*ck then? :dunno:

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4026175]Good chat here. The numbers that they are stating is the total number of Marines that go the war theaters. Not the total number of the aggregate USMC.

The USMC is not a place for justice:D

A great deal of the equipment is more than likely older than the Army equipment. The budget is less, significantly less.

Marines are generally younger. You cannot enter the USMC if you are older than age 29 without prior service or a special waiver. I think that the Army is now 42 years of age.

There are a few Marine officers that are generally bullies to E-4's and below because they can get away with it. Funny that after I became an E-5 those officers that did not know me, treated me a lot different. Moreover, the officers that I meet now that I am out tell me a lot of things about being a Marine officer.:yes:

KIA's are again due to the youthfulness of the USMC. Plus once again, we fight battles (Fallujah, Helmond Province, Al-Anbar, Iwo Jima, Tarawa, Belleau Woods) and not the sustained battle. It is our mission to go in and clean a place out.

In football there are run stoppers. In war, there has to be bullet stoppers. America calls them Marines. It is the smallest branch. It has the lowest life expectancy in combat. The most difficult to become a member of. We get the smallest amount of the DOD budget.

It is a strange breed of men and women:yes: When there is no war, most Marines will get out. When there is a war, we have the highest enlistment rate. Go figure.:confused:

Thanks for your service.[/QUOTE]

Make no mistake, I have the highest level of respect for the Marine Corps. As an ex Army officer though, I observed some shortcomings that always bothered me.
    Marines are excellent marksmen - highly skilled. Have excellent discipline.
    I had small Marine units attached to me a couple times. Not flexible. Plus it was almost like "Let's get killed today". I had a different perspective.
    I found Marine officers would just say "Yes, sir" and do as they were told. I had the "Wait a minute, what about this ..." attitude.
    In fairness, I have never accepted that an American serviceman should just be a bullet stopper. I jhad men killed but it was not because of a rah rah attitude. Men die - let's not hurry up the process.
    And let's not forget - North Africa, Sicily, Normandy, The Bulge, Hamburger Hill, Ripcord and a few other choice places. THere's a long list for al branches.

It's not just the Army that's stressed our economy is stressed from 10 years of war, bribery and nation building.

We just had an election where the war wasn't on the radar. If the American public had to fight these wars with their sons and daughters instead of volunteers who are out of sight and mind. If we associated high food and gas prices, inflation and unemployment with these wars we might have a different view of them.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4025425]This report won't stop or even slow down the warmongers[/QUOTE]

Obama?

Still in Iraq

Still in Afghanistan

now Libya.

Where Next!

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4026894]Make no mistake, I have the highest level of respect for the Marine Corps. As an ex Army officer though, I observed some shortcomings that always bothered me.
    Marines are excellent marksmen - highly skilled. Have excellent discipline.
    I had small Marine units attached to me a couple times. Not flexible. Plus it was almost like "Let's get killed today". I had a different perspective.
    I found Marine officers would just say "Yes, sir" and do as they were told. I had the "Wait a minute, what about this ..." attitude.
    In fairness, I have never accepted that an American serviceman should just be a bullet stopper. I jhad men killed but it was not because of a rah rah attitude. Men die - let's not hurry up the process.
    And let's not forget - North Africa, Sicily, Normandy, The Bulge, Hamburger Hill, Ripcord and a few other choice places. THere's a long list for al branches.[/QUOTE]

Hey PD, good chat here.

As for Markmanship, every Marine can kill a man from 500 yards out with an M16. We start at the 200, then the 300 before the 500 yard line. The max is 250. I shot a 238. 220 and above is Expert. 190 is necessary to Rifle Qual.

They drill discipline from the time you get to Charleston Airport (LOL). Then you get to PISC and the real fun begins (lol). Boot camp was 14 weeks when I served. Longer if you were not up to par.

I served with a few Army units while in GTMO. They were from Panama. Had a lot of fun with those guys. They gave us Sh1t all the time (lol). Seems like all of the branches make fun of the Marines (lol).

Most Marines will not question a superior, so it may not have been just those officers. It's part of that discipline. The other reason is that the superior may be a jerk and try to 'get' the other Marine. Lots of control freaks.

There used to be this sign in Camp Lejuene, "Every Man is Expendable" as you were entering the base via the main road. Sobered a Marine right up from any drunken stupor when you saw that.

Some of those battles in the Pacific (Peleliu) really did not have to be fought. Waves of Marines were killed for nothing. The Army came abroad later to help win the Airstrip. I think that this is where the term 'bullet stoppers' came from. Still to this day, I don't know why it was so important to get that air strip, especially at that cost of lives. I think that someone would get a Courts Martial these days for something like that. Even if it was Chesty Puller.

Hey, I would not trade my time in the service. I felt that it was a worthwhile experience. I tried to go in when 911 occurred and when we attacked Iraq. Too old then (lol), but hell.

Like I said, the Marines fight battles, but the Army fights the War. It was the Army that won this nation we are on now.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4026911]It's not just the Army that's stressed our economy is stressed from 10 years of war, bribery and nation building.

We just had an election where the war wasn't on the radar. If the American public had to fight these wars with their sons and daughters instead of volunteers who are out of sight and mind. If we associated high food and gas prices, inflation and unemployment with these wars we might have a different view of them.[/QUOTE]

See BS will never present things that way for the American public