Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Coptic Persecution in Egypt

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Coptic Persecution in Egypt

I have quite a few Coptic neighbors and acquaintances. They are starting to become very concerned for their families back in Egypt. From what they tell me, things are getting worse. I just read in the paper today that the recent killings and attacks on the churches were over the belief that a former Coptic convert to Islam was kidnapped (untrue, of course).

I just wanted to get this out there as it kind of saddens me that it seems like these people are being somewhat abandoned. They're the largest minority in the ME and one of the oldest as far as Christianity, and they're being killed and persecuted for it. Pretty unsettling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4025893]I have quite a few Coptic neighbors and acquaintances. They are starting to become very concerned for their families back in Egypt. From what they tell me, things are getting worse. I just read in the paper today that the recent killings and attacks on the churches were over the belief that a former Coptic convert to Islam was kidnapped (untrue, of course).

I just wanted to get this out there as it kind of saddens me that it seems like these people are being somewhat abandoned. They're the largest minority in the ME and one of the oldest as far as Christianity, and they're being killed and persecuted for it. Pretty unsettling.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I've been very worried about Robert Downey's prison experience and am trying to keep my priorities straight.

;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry it will never hit the news they only care about the ragheads. They kill more of their own kind them anyone else put together.