Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78

Thread: Most likely scenario for Nov '12

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,162

    Most likely scenario for Nov '12

    Is Obama's re election & the Republicans take the Senate, & thus both houses of Congress....right? Anyone have any thoughts about what that would do to O's Presidency? He wouldn't be able to enact any addl "transformative" legislation, that's clear. The healthcare law, or at least the individual mandate..is due for the Supreme Court at some point. Will it be a relatively benign 4 years, in terms of legislation? Any thoughts appreciated, as IMO this is the most likely scenario rightnow.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    I have no doubt Obama will be reelected.

    What an overwhelming testament to how miserable the GOP is right now. They've already lost the election to a guy who should clearly be a one-termer.

    How can you not find someone able to defeat a clear bottom 5 of all time POTUS?

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I have no doubt Obama will be reelected.

    What an overwhelming testament to how miserable the GOP is right now. They've already lost the election to a guy who should clearly be a one-termer.

    How can you not find someone able to defeat a clear all time POS?

    fixed!
    1

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,028
    granted still a ways off.I see Obama getting re-elected again.The Gop so far is running Newt and Ron Paul(who i like) who are a combined 150 yrs old no shot at getting elected.

    Romney will run,but his healthcare in Mass will do him in.
    Bachman/Palin..no chance
    Pawlenty..might be good..but seems awfuly boring(personality goes a long way to determine who wins.

    The people who I see having a shot at beating Obama,Christie,Jindel,Rubio ,Huckabee , seem to be sitting this one out.Maybe they are gearing up for 2016.

    It's a long way off maybe someone comes out of nowhere

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,786
    I see the D's winning the House and a repeat for President Obama. Senate could be close. Depends upon the Latin voting block

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    I see the D's winning the House and a repeat for President Obama. Senate could be close. Depends upon the Latin voting block
    Please explain the logic for D's winning back the House in '12...

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Please explain the logic for D's winning back the House in '12...
    I see the chances of that being pretty slim, but that medicare vote could do them in.

    Obama gets re-elected, GOP holds the house, GOP/Dems split the senate.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-15-2011 at 01:43 AM.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I have no doubt Obama will be reelected.

    What an overwhelming testament to how miserable the GOP is right now. They've already lost the election to a guy who should clearly be a one-termer.

    How can you not find someone able to defeat a clear bottom 5 of all time POTUS?
    Name your 5 worst presidents. George W. Bush was pretty damn bad, still hard to put him in worst top 5 of all time.

    Here's 10.

    Warren Harding
    James Buchanan
    Andrew Johnson
    Millard Fillmore
    John Tyler
    Ulysses S. Grant
    Herbert Hoover
    George W. Bush
    Zachary Taylor
    Richard Nixon

    If you notice a majority of these guys were president right before Lincoln. Unlike Lincoln they were gutless when it came to slavery.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-15-2011 at 01:43 AM.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,162
    TD, don't you think Jimmy Carter deserves recognition s one of our 10 worst? his admin was an epic failure

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Obama defeats (Insert any (R) here) in a landslide.

    (R) Holds the house, but loses seats

    (D) holds the senate, not much change in total numbers

    Hard pressed to see it turning out differenty.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Name your 5 worst presidents. George W. Bush was pretty damn bad, still hard to put him in worst top 5 of all time.

    Here's 10.

    Warren Harding
    James Buchanan
    Andrew Johnson
    Millard Fillmore
    John Tyler
    Ulysses S. Grant
    Herbert Hoover
    George W. Bush
    Zachary Taylor
    Richard Nixon

    If you notice a majority of these guys were president right before Lincoln. Unlike Lincoln they were gutless when it came to slavery.
    LBJ and Jimmy C belong in the group. Democrats give LBJ a break because of all the social agenda he passed. He also destroyed the country by lying and draging us into a terribly destructive war.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Democrats give LBJ a break because of all the social agenda he passed. He also destroyed the country by lying and draging us into a terribly destructive war.
    Which is the same reason they put Bush's name on the list

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    TD, don't you think Jimmy Carter deserves recognition s one of our 10 worst? his admin was an epic failure
    Actually I totally forgot about him... he does

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    LBJ and Jimmy C belong in the group. Democrats give LBJ a break because of all the social agenda he passed. He also destroyed the country by lying and draging us into a terribly destructive war.
    You can arguably put LBJ in both the top 10 of the best and worst president list. I lean more against him, because his civil rights and social agenda was Kennedy's civil rights/social agenda, though he does get credit for following through with it. The "Great Society" was Kennedy's "New Frontier" with a new name.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-15-2011 at 12:17 PM.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I have no doubt Obama will be reelected.

    What an overwhelming testament to how miserable the GOP is right now. They've already lost the election to a guy who should clearly be a one-termer.

    How can you not find someone able to defeat a clear bottom 5 of all time POTUS?
    Bush and Carter were much worse than Obama. You could make an argument that Bush was the worst ever (9/11 on his watch, Katrina response botched, Iraq, intentionally outed a CIA agent, which is treason, Iran was able to become more powerful because Bush invaded Iraq, etc.). Obama isn't great, but he inherited a complete disaster so I can't completely kill him. I think Obama is going to wait until reelection before he addresses the toughest issues (of course, he could be too late by then and things may be much worse).
    Last edited by escamoter2; 05-15-2011 at 12:33 PM.

  16. #16

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This was very funny. Watched it this morning on DVR.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Obama defeats (Insert any (R) here) in a landslide.
    Is that because of what a great job he's done with the economy or because of the goodwill he's generated in crafting a health care reform that the country has rallied around?

    It's one thing for blind Obamanauts to announce on a daily basis on how weak the GOP field is (what else would they say) but you?

    The election is a year and a half away. A year and a half.

    For pete's sake look at this thread - only a couple posts in someone is starting a 'name the worst presidents' list. There really isn't a lot to talk about.
    Last edited by sackdance; 05-15-2011 at 01:00 PM.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Is that because of what a great job he's done with the economy or because of the goodwill he's generated in crafting a health care reform that the country has rallied around?

    It's one thing for blind Obamanauts to announce on a daily basis on how weak the GOP field is (what else would they say) but you?

    The election is a year and a half away. A year and a half.

    For pete's sake look at this thread - only a couple posts in someone is starting a 'name the worst presidents' list. There really isn't a lot to talk about.
    I don't think he was saying that because he thinks Obama is the best president ever. I think it's more due to the fact that Obama is the incumbent President and it will take a quality candidate to unseat him. Right now, most Republicans and independents believe that there is no quality GOP candidate. Obviously, the GOP agrees since they were trying to persuade Chris Christie to run out of desperation.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Christie wouldn't win his own state.

    http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1299.xml?ReleaseID=1590
    http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...l_shows_o.html

    If Christie gets a formidable candidate to run against him (I.E. Cory Booker) he will have his hands full. He is no slam dunk to get re-elected in NJ.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-15-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us