Thread: Jon Stewart on The O'Reilly Factor: Unedited

All League

Jon Stewart on The O'Reilly Factor: Unedited

Always found it interesting to watch these two debate... figured maybe some of you would too.

[url]http://www.indecisionforever.com/2011/05/16/jon-stewart-and-bill-oreilly-talk-it-out-2/[/url]

You can really sense the mutual respect between the two of them. I enjoy their debates as well.

Practice Squad
    Still think the one where Papa Bear appeared on the Colbert show where O'Reilly said:

[QUOTE]"I'm not a tough guy. This is all an act. I'm sensitive," the FOX News host said on Comedy Central.

"If you're an act, than what am I?" Colbert replied.[/QUOTE]

To take a point from this interview, that shouldn't cause much polarization here I hope, I liked when O'Reilly asked Stewart his thoughts about how Obama is doing compared to his expectations. He said that Obama has not been the bully-pulpit executive that Reagan or T Roosevelt was. Elsewhere in the interview he said how executives such as governors, with exception to Palin, make better Presidents. Not a hard conclusion to make since almost all have been with exception to Obama, Kennedy, and the ones who were VPs first. This is something to keep in mind as we go into the next election cycle and focus on the GOP candidates. Chances are, a former governor will be seen as the one with the best shot.

Why did John "Stewart" change his last name?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4032045]Why did John "Stewart" change his last name?[/QUOTE]

===========================================

I don't know other then to say a lot of entertainers do so.

You have any theories?

Jets Insider VIP

I dunno.

Why did Alan King and Joey Bishop change theirs? :dunno:

Jets Insider VIP

Seems to be a liberal trend. Ask Tyler.

Leibowitz is too Jewish sounding....doesnt go over well in many parts of the country unfort...

Stewart has said that he was subjected to anti-Semitic bullying as a child- from Wikipedia

All League
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;4032530]Leibowitz is too Jewish sounding....doesnt go over well in many parts of the country unfort...

Stewart has said that he was subjected to anti-Semitic bullying as a child- from Wikipedia[/QUOTE]

I hate to agree with Tucker because of his "one liberal thinks this, so all liberals must therefore agree" type of posts, but yes, it's because his last name was Leibowitz and he didn't think that would play well.

Either way, Jon Leibowitz or Jon Stewart, is an intelligent and funny man.