Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S. Postal net loss of $8.3 billion

[QUOTE=Warfish;4032244]/shrug

I think we need to get out of the business of subsidizing people personal choices. Want to live in the middle of nowhere, you get no post office.

Public Service should help/serve the majority of possible users, at the lowest possible cost, with the stringint-est limitations on use/qualification possible, at below-average salaries for it's workers.

/shrug.[/QUOTE]

are you Ron Swanson?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPvwxfKaYx8[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgycSKDRFXs[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIZ4ckmd9-I&feature=related[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=neevsmazda07;4032560]+1
    the more executives they fire in this company the better.. they are the ones mainly responsible for the fiscal mess that is the usps... the carriers should be the last to affix the blame to for all of this as well.... speaking as one i dont make the wages that are posted here, neither do i have any benefits like medical or dental... these are things that become available with seniority {years of service/availability of a permanent route issued}. i am whats basiclly called a "floater". i work a rural route three to four times a week only if the permanent carrier on that route takes the day off.[/QUOTE]

While YOU may not have the benefits.... they do exist in the majority. For people to make statements that the US Post office is even "close to" run well is ignorant at best. Even without pension costs, the decrease in mail volume, inefficiency in routes etc... cause great deficits that MUST be funded by taxpayers eventually.

The reality is NO Senator wants to sign a bill that lays off postal workers. IT'S ALWAYS about the public employees, not the taxpayer.

The federal government funds these losses EVERY year under a promise to be repaid. WHAT A JOKE.

[url]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704613504576268983131039272.html[/url]

[url]http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2004/03/Passing-the-Buck-on-Postal-Pensions[/url]

[QUOTE=Warfish;4032271]Think you've watched "The Postman" one time too many.;)[/QUOTE]

ive never seen that. I'll add it to my netflix queue. which sends me DVDs... through the mail!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4032827]ive never seen that. I'll add it to my netflix queue. which sends me DVDs...[B] through the mail[/B]![/QUOTE]

Also the reason Netflix will go under. Mail IS SLOW AND INEFFECTIVE FOR ALMOST all THINGS.

tOO BAD THE TAXPAYERS CAN'T BAIL OUT NETFLIX TOO!

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4032885]Also the reason Netflix will go under. Mail IS SLOW AND INEFFECTIVE FOR ALMOST all THINGS.[/QUOTE]

people look at their junk mail and wonder why we need the postal service

and maybe that's fair

but businesses use it like crazy. tons of important stuff goes through the mail every day

many of these things cannot be replaced by email... any more than people would accept an e-social security card or an e-drivers license

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4032981]people look at their junk mail and wonder why we need the postal service

and maybe that's fair

but businesses use it like crazy. tons of important stuff goes through the mail every day

many of these things cannot be replaced by email... any more than people would accept an e-social security card or an e-drivers license[/QUOTE]

+1..and lets not forget that our american seniors still use the postal service as well....

All League
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4032805]While YOU may not have the benefits.... they do exist in the majority. For people to make statements that the US Post office is even "close to" run well is ignorant at best. Even without pension costs, the decrease in mail volume, inefficiency in routes etc... cause great deficits that MUST be funded by taxpayers eventually.

oh im sorry did i make the statement that the us post office was run well??? i apologize for not wording it in a way you can understand... i was simply saying the first step would be to fire the people that i know for a fact had a major hand in the eventual collapse of the postal service... starting at the top. the carriers that i know that work both city routes as well as rural routes both are receiving the blame and negativity for something they did not have a direct hand in... the decrease in mail volume is not a surprise to anyone here.... we can all largely thank fannie mae and freddie mac for those wonderful balloon mortgages.... another fact would be at least where i live many if not all local business use the postal service for their menus/ coupons because we have the best rates going....