Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama: Israeli border should return to pre-1967 status.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Obama: Israeli border should return to pre-1967 status.

So today our wise and brilliant CIC in a speech completely and publicly arse-rapes Israel, and nobody has anything to say about it?

"Permanent Occupation" is no way for the "Jewish Democratic State" to exist?

Just so, so dumb. Its all Israels fault...they are the reason for the "hate, not hope" in the Middle East. After all, after Israel blatantly and unprovoked attacked their neighbors in '67 to take those grounds, they should give them back.....wait, what? :eek:

THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WIN WARS, YOU DIMWIT! Borders change....then again, since he is so brilliant, I guess Obama already knows the history of the U.S., particularly Texas.

So.....Guess we'll be putting our money where Barrys mouth is and give Texas back to Mexico?

Just so, so dumb. Its all Israels fault...they are the reason for the "hate, not hope" in the Middle East, right Mr. "I shot Osama bin Laden All by myself"?
    But yeah, lets not talk about Hamas' stance (and Irans) that Israel has NO RIGHT TO EXIST and that the Jews should be wiped from the Earth.

So lets **** our allies instead and kowtow to the goat ****ing ragheads who would like nothing better than see both Israel and the U.S. cease to exist.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We defeated Germany and Japan, and although we occupied Japan for several years afterwards, we did not occupy them for 40 years.

At some point there has to be a Palestinian state.

Compromise is necessary.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4033361]Compromise is necessary.[/QUOTE]

CC;

PLO

Hamas

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4033365]CC;

PLO

Hamas

-[/QUOTE]

Agreed - If were Israel, until they recognize Israel's right to exist or are dumped by Fatah, I wouldn't agree to anything.

And that's what our President said.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;4033354]So.....Guess we'll be putting our money where Barrys mouth is and give Texas back to Mexico?[/QUOTE]

That...is...an....EXCELLENT idea!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Israel is not an ally. Our association with them has done us far more harm than good.

The only real story here is that in 2008, Obama took 78% of the Jewish vote (and who knows how much more in contributions). Kiss that strong support goodbye, Barack.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4033461]Israel is not an ally[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

They're also our only ally who won't care what NATO has to say. They'll put craters in everything around them if it meant protecting their land...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of the MENA parties should want peace and move in that direction on a basis that is fair to all.

The status quo in unsustainable. With all of the upheaval in the MENA, Israel can be placed in an even more tenuous situation.

If the parties don't want peace, in a way that is palatable to America, then the USA should cut off aid to the whole area. That money can clearly benefit Americans here at home.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;4033354]So today our wise and brilliant CIC in a speech completely and publicly arse-rapes Israel, and nobody has anything to say about it?

"Permanent Occupation" is no way for the "Jewish Democratic State" to exist?

Just so, so dumb. Its all Israels fault...they are the reason for the "hate, not hope" in the Middle East. After all, after Israel blatantly and unprovoked attacked their neighbors in '67 to take those grounds, they should give them back.....wait, what? :eek:

THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WIN WARS, YOU DIMWIT! Borders change....then again, since he is so brilliant, I guess Obama already knows the history of the U.S., particularly Texas.

So.....Guess we'll be putting our money where Barrys mouth is and give Texas back to Mexico?

Just so, so dumb. Its all Israels fault...they are the reason for the "hate, not hope" in the Middle East, right Mr. "I shot Osama bin Laden All by myself"?
    But yeah, lets not talk about Hamas' stance (and Irans) that Israel has NO RIGHT TO EXIST and that the Jews should be wiped from the Earth.

So lets **** our allies instead and kowtow to the goat ****ing ragheads who would like nothing better than see both Israel and the U.S. cease to exist.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he changed our policy one bit from where we where under either Clinton or Bush if you listened to the entire speech. He merely stated the obvious.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4033461]Israel is not an ally. Our association with them has done us far more harm than good.

The only real story here is that in 2008, Obama took 78% of the Jewish vote (and who knows how much more in contributions). Kiss that strong support goodbye, Barack.[/QUOTE]

Jewish-Americans are not normally swayed by politics with Israel. I think around 75% vote Democrat anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;4033526]Jewish-Americans are not normally swayed by politics with Israel. I think around 75% vote Democrat anyway.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Jimmy Carter

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4033483]I disagree.

They're also our only ally who won't care what NATO has to say. They'll put craters in everything around them if it meant protecting their land...[/QUOTE]

They also sold us out to the Soviets in the 1970s. By selling them our secrets.

They are an ally just like Brazil, Argentina, and South Africa are . Nothing more nothing less.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4033641]They also sold us out to the Soviets in the 1970s. By selling them our secrets.

They are an ally just like Brazil, Argentina, and South Africa are . Nothing more nothing less.[/QUOTE]

They are nothing like those other allies.

The have turned over all kinds of Soviet era fighters and spy planes going back to the 60's. They are engaged in strategic, military and political initiatives with the US that were formalized under Reagan. They jointly developed missile systems with the US that are among the most sophisticated intercept missiles in the world. We cooperate on anti-terrorism initiatives which have been going on since Clinton was President. They helped us develop many of our homeland security initiatives.

They even took out Sadam's nuclear program and have done extensive cyber-attacks on Iran's nuclear weapons program setting it back years.

There has been some spying back and forth and they do sell weapons in the world market just like we do. They are without question one of the US closest strategic allies in the world.

That doesn't mean we don't have our differences but to argue that they aren't a key US ally is absurd.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4033655]They are nothing like those other allies.

The have turned over all kinds of Soviet era fighters and spy planes going back to the 60's. They are engaged in strategic, military and political initiatives with the US that were formalized under Reagan. They jointly developed missile systems with the US that are among the most sophisticated intercept missiles in the world. We cooperate on anti-terrorism initiatives which have been going on since Clinton was President. They helped us develop many of our homeland security initiatives.

They even took out Sadam's nuclear program and have done extensive cyber-attacks on Iran's nuclear weapons program setting it back years.

There has been some spying back and forth and they do sell weapons in the world market just like we do. They are without question one of the US closest strategic allies in the world.

That doesn't mean we don't have our differences but to argue that they aren't a key US ally is absurd.[/QUOTE]

They are an ally to us only because they need us. They begrudgenly work with us because it is necessary to their survival.

Meanwhile, we benefit in no way, shape or form (except for the pockets of a handful of politicians . And the gift of Natalie Portman). The only thing we get out of the relationship is we become guilty by association in the eyes of the insane radical Muslim contingent. They hate us not "for our freedom", but because we have our troops in their countries, which is primarily a result of our relationship with Israel. You're either fooling yourself or buying the political correctness of ignoring that fact if you believe otherwise.

Radical Muslim terrorism isn't a problem in Denmark.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4033744]They are an ally to us only because they need us. They begrudgenly work with us because it is necessary to their survival.

Meanwhile, we benefit in no way, shape or form (except for the pockets of a handful of politicians . And the gift of Natalie Portman). The only thing we get out of the relationship is we become guilty by association in the eyes of the insane radical Muslim contingent. They hate us not "for our freedom", but because we have our troops in their countries, which is primarily a result of our relationship with Israel. You're either fooling yourself or buying the political correctness of ignoring that fact if you believe otherwise.

Radical Muslim terrorism isn't a problem in Denmark.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong on all points including the last sentence.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/17/world/europe/17denmark.html[/url]
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 05-20-2011 at 05:18 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4033461]Israel is not an ally. Our association with them has done us far more harm than good.[/QUOTE]

The Ronpaulstiltskin party line....quelle surprise

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4033744] Radical Muslim terrorism isn't a problem in Denmark.[/QUOTE]

:jawdrop:

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4445579.stm[/URL]

[URL]http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Denmark-Terror-Arrests-Four-Held-Over-Possible-Attack-On-Prophet-Mohammed-Cartoon-Newspaper/Article/201012415874198?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15874198_Denmark_Terror_Arrests%3A_Four_Held_Over_Possible_Attack_On_Prophet_Mohammed_Cartoon_Newspaper[/URL]

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hyo126MyIh8#at=11[/URL]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]Pre and post Six day war borders[/B]:
    [img]http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/images/maps/borders.gif[/img]

While both Clinton and Bush demonstrated lukewarm support for a "Palestinian State", neither EVER stated that Israel should concede all lands taken in the wars of '67 or '73.

That was a HUGE shift, and while Israel might not be the U.K. or Canada, they ARE still an ally...and the only people in that part of the world that have ANYTHING in common with us and don't want to see America fall.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4033769]You're wrong on all points including the last sentence.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/17/world/europe/17denmark.html[/url][/QUOTE]

No, my only mistake was I picked Denmark, which was a bad example. They stopped being neutral, which escaped my mind (how could I forget Denmark? :rolleyes:)

The point of that line is that radical Muslims have no beef with many countries. And those countries are the ones that have no affiliation with Israel.

Now go ahead and try to dispute any other part of my post, you know, the part where the point is really made.

I find it convenient that you pounced on that one mistake and now want to talk about Denmark instead of the actual topic. Israel.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's two types of people who don't want to admit that our relationship with Israel has brought us nothing but pain

1) Liberals who are deathly afraid of seeming insensitive or possibly even anti-Semetic.:eek: I mean you give that up, and you give up one of your biggest political weapons: playing the race/sex/religion card.

2) "Conservatives" who actually believe and hold onto the fairy tale that we are hated by others because "they are jealous of our freedom", and not because we occupy their homelands :rolleyes: