Thread: If Mario Harvey was 6.3 instead of 5.11, he would've been a first day pick...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

If Mario Harvey was 6.3 instead of 5.11, he would've been a first day pick...

instead he went undrafted. This guy was one of the most productive linebackers in the nation or 4 years, he's a Mike but has played OLB and DE in the past and looks damn good rushing the passer getting under tackles pads much like short guys like Dummerville and Woodley do. He had 8.5 sacks and 17 tackles for loss, the kid didn't get a combine invite but ran under 4.5 at 257 pounds, he looks like a heat seeking missile the way he closes in on runners. I read that he's pissed to be passed over by 32 teams, worst case he's a special teams demon who will unleash some serious fury on people, best case he's a swing guy for Rex who loves to move players all over the place. The production, plus the triagle numbers: 257 pounds running 4.45, 27 reps, 32 inch vert and 4.19 shuttle, tells me this is guy has the makings of a diamond in the rough, check out his highlights and tell me if this guy was 6.3 he goes undrafted... impossible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlxEdPHyCc8

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's Mario's game against Ohio State, he missed on a few plays, but overall a good game, but what impressed me most was his work on special teams, he was usually the first guy on the tackle. His closing speed is evident on those plays. I bet Westhoff would love to develop a guy like this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    he'd be a good ILB convert candidate for the 3-4 but alot to learn there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    he'd be a good ILB convert candidate for the 3-4 but alot to learn there.

Like I said, give him to Westhoff for a couple of years, this guy is a freak, at his pro day he weighed in at 257 but ran as low as 4.42, that's not normal. A 5.11 257 pound man running 4.42 in a straight line is very dangerous to an unsuspecting kick returner.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Like I said, give him to Westhoff for a couple of years, this guy is a freak, at his pro day he weighed in at 257 but ran as low as 4.42, that's not normal. A 5.11 257 pound man running 4.42 in a straight line is very dangerous to an unsuspecting kick returner.
    Eh, pro day numbers are always better than combine numbers. He probably runs a 4.5 something, which is still really good. Sign this beast

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    Eh, pro day numbers are always better than combine numbers. He probably runs a 4.5 something, which is still really good. Sign this beast
    Yeah wouldnt husrt to give this guy a try. Who knows, we might catch lightning in a bottle

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems similar in many ways to Gary Guyton, who is a little taller, weighs a bit less, produced in college, tested great . . . . and was also undrafted. Like Guyton, could maybe become a serviceable 3-4 ILB as bit suggested.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many guys can you say this for though. If he only ran a 4.2. If he only had a rocket arm etc etc etc.

The fact is he is 5'11.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sign him.

Depth at ILB is piss poor. Who knows what this guy will turn into, but it looks like he has a lot to work with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, watch the 8 plus minutes of highlights from this guy and tell me he doesn't look like a heck of a prospect to you. There were a bunch of guys drafted this year that don't come close to looking as good as Harvey, this guy doesn't just tackle people, he crushes them. Check out his 09 highlights too:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Teeo...eature=related

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Mario Harvey was 6.3 instead of 5.11, he would've been a first day pick

If my grandmother had balls she'd have been my grandfather.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    If Mario Harvey was 6.3 instead of 5.11, he would've been a first day pick

If my grandmother had balls she'd have been my grandfather.

Nothing wrong with being 5.11 257 and running in the 4.4 range, nothing wrong at all, if anything this tells me there's a lot of compact power in that frame, you can tell how much from the highlights, he's just crushing people.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Nothing wrong with being 5.11 257 and running in the 4.4 range, nothing wrong at all, if anything this tells me there's a lot of compact power in that frame, you can tell how much from the highlights, he's just crushing people.
    Didn't say anything about his talent, just the what if.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Signed with the Bills

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Signed with the Bills

I know, but we got Nick Bellore, who might be a real nice signing in the end.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Signed with the Bills
    mario harvey signed with steelers, so they say

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011-...ed-free-agents

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    mario harvey signed with steelers, so they say

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011-...ed-free-agents

Waived LBs Baraka Atkins, Mario Harvey,