Thread: Herman Cain

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Herman Cain

The guy is the anti-Obama - proud American, successful buisnessman, has advanced degrees that he has actually used (Mathematics, Computer Science Masters for the Dept. of the Navy), and doesn't B.S. and will even admit when he doesn't know something or was wrong! :eek:

Shock the world, Herm!
    :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw an interview last night - I like him. Kind of surprised that he didn't know what the phrase "right of return" meant.... :erm:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Change" is looking more-and-more like it turned out to actually be George Bush III. :yes:

[url]http://www.thenation.com/article/160782/obama-and-black-americans-paradox-hope[/url]

The economic gap between black and white has grown since Obama took power. Under his tenure black unemployment, poverty and foreclosures are at their highest levels for at least a decade.

[url]http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/05/16-1[/url]

...he (Professer Cornel West) now nurses, like many others who placed their faith in Obama, the anguish of the deceived, manipulated and betrayed. He bitterly describes Obama as [B]a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats. And now he has become head of the American killing machine and is proud of it.[/B]

:jets17

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know much about him,but he seems like a smart guy.Ran a business,was not raised with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Who knows the gop field seems pretty wide open,everyone is saying Romney is the favorite,but I think his version of Obama care is going to hurt him,

another thing Cain has going for him and this is important,he has a personality.Romney,Gingrich,Pawlenty do not

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4035388]Just saw an interview last night - I like him. Kind of surprised that he didn't know what the phrase "right of return" meant.... :erm:[/QUOTE]

Why? Since when is everybody supposed to know everything about everything in order to become a Presidential Candidate? Plus, lets be honest, Israel is our ally, but I'm much more interested in hearing about plans for getting the economy out of the tank, lowering unemployment, determining feasible strategies for U.S. Military overseas Ops, and our own border issues. The fact that Cain wasn't familiar with the relatively obscure concept of "Palestinian Right of return" is a complete non-issue to me.

I mean, aside from the "Press" that likes to play gotcha games exclusively with Republicans, but refuse to even do simple and basic background checks of specific Democratic Candidates who they are entirely in the tank for, who exactly is expected to be knowledgable about everything?

Isn't that why Presidents have aides and Cabinets, and advisors and such? Isn't that why Presidents get extensive briefings upon taking office and get briefed every day by experts in relation to important issues?

What interviews with Cain have told me is that the guy is smart, honest, and will say when he doesn't know the answer rather than try and B.S. us or dazzle us with hyperbole or straw man arguements, or just flat out lie (like a certain sitting President has a knack for doing).

It also reveals that the guy hadn't been "briefed in" pre-interview and able to plan his interview strategy accordingly.

And the fact that Herman isn't dull, boring, or listless (Pawlenty, Romney), or flat out stupid and possibly bat**** crazy (Palin, Bachman), or a fossil (Newt), makes him a pretty good option.

It would also be fun to see the "Media" have to deal with an election cycle after having their Race Card taken away, and watch the Black Liberal Progressive wing of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton imlpode as they try to attack a real, actual Black guy from the south running for President by calling him an "Uncle Tom" or some other nonsense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only two serious candidates right now are Romney and Pawlenty. I like both guys but Pawlenty sp? is gaining traction for me. He recently talked about phasing out the economy killing ethanol subsidies in a speech in Iowa. The balls to make that comment in the corn state impressed me big time. His message resonates and feels more genuine than Romneys.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't make any difference who the Republicans run for President in 2012.

By November of 2012 Obama will be so far to the right he'll look like Dick Cheney.

In politics, Democrats and Liberals are counted on to be wholly gullible and vote for D all the time, even if they're repeatedly thrown under the Obama bus!

:jets17

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;4035798]Why? Since when is everybody supposed to know everything about everything in order to become a Presidential Candidate? Plus, lets be honest, Israel is our ally, but I'm much more interested in hearing about plans for getting the economy out of the tank, lowering unemployment, determining feasible strategies for U.S. Military overseas Ops, and our own border issues. The fact that Cain wasn't familiar with the relatively obscure concept of "Palestinian Right of return" is a complete non-issue to me.

I mean, aside from the "Press" that likes to play gotcha games exclusively with Republicans, but refuse to even do simple and basic background checks of specific Democratic Candidates who they are entirely in the tank for, who exactly is expected to be knowledgable about everything?

Isn't that why Presidents have aides and Cabinets, and advisors and such? Isn't that why Presidents get extensive briefings upon taking office and get briefed every day by experts in relation to important issues?

What interviews with Cain have told me is that the guy is smart, honest, and will say when he doesn't know the answer rather than try and B.S. us or dazzle us with hyperbole or straw man arguements, or just flat out lie (like a certain sitting President has a knack for doing).

It also reveals that the guy hadn't been "briefed in" pre-interview and able to plan his interview strategy accordingly.

And the fact that Herman isn't dull, boring, or listless (Pawlenty, Romney), or flat out stupid and possibly bat**** crazy (Palin, Bachman), or a fossil (Newt), makes him a pretty good option.

It would also be fun to see the "Media" have to deal with an election cycle after having their Race Card taken away, and watch the Black Liberal Progressive wing of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton imlpode as they try to attack a real, actual Black guy from the south running for President by calling him an "Uncle Tom" or some other nonsense.[/QUOTE]

"Obscure concept"? Its a central tenet right behind "give us back our land!". Hell, I know about it just by reading the newspaper every day.

I think Independents will be wary of voting for someone with no political experience after the train wreck of the Obama years.

I like Pawlenty. Sure, he doesn't have the over-the-top charisma of others, but he's very electable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4036042]"Obscure concept"? Its a central tenet right behind "give us back our land!". Hell, I know about it just by reading the newspaper every day.

I think Independents will be wary of voting for someone with no political experience after the train wreck of the Obama years.

I like Pawlenty. Sure, he doesn't have the over-the-top charisma of others, but he's very electable.[/QUOTE]

The way the electoral map looks at the moment is very advantageous to the R candidate. The key is to put up an electable candidate. The central issues in the cycle will be obamacare and the exploding debt. Romney's ties to socializes medicine in MA and the complete disaster that program turned out to be will hurt him big time. He may come off as disingenuous if he tried to attack Obamacare. Thats why at the moment Palwlenty is looking like the man to run.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4036042]...after the train wreck of the Obama years. [/QUOTE]

I know. It's so horrible. You know...with the non-rapture and all. :P

All of us here can barely afford internet access and watches.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTifdoKXoxM[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pawlenty sucks. I live in Mn. and he has screwed this state over!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4036058]Pawlenty sucks. I live in Mn. and he has screwed this state over![/QUOTE]

I don't know him from the MN days. What are the negatives on the guy?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4036080]I don't know him from the MN days. What are the negatives on the guy?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MnJetFan]Pawlenty sucks. I live in Mn. and he has screwed this state over![/QUOTE]

I'd like to hear this too, I was about to "+1" on chiefst2000 earlier post about Pawlenty over Romney until I read the rest of the thread.

How did he screw your state over?

By the way, Colbert has fun with Pawlenty's transformer-esque pre-candidacy announcement trailer, it's pretty funny:

[url]http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/377119/march-10-2011/colbert-pac-ad[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4036080]I don't know him from the MN days. What are the negatives on the guy?[/QUOTE]

He switches sides more then McCain.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cain is an empty suit parroting talking points with zero substance. Pawlenty seems to be flip-flopping from things he said 2 years ago.

To me, this republican field reminds me of the Dem field in 2004....no one exciting and no one stepping up and showing they can really charge up the base, as illustrated by a freakin' Herman Cain thread....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4036051]I know. It's so horrible. You know...with the non-rapture and all. :P

All of us here can barely afford internet access and watches.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTifdoKXoxM[/url][/QUOTE]

Maybe you missed Dumbama's major screw-up with Israel and how Netanyahu schooled him in front of Congress. But don't let that stop you from making glib posts and whatnot. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4036858]Maybe you missed Dumbama's major screw-up with Israel and how Netanyahu schooled him in front of Congress. But don't let that stop you from making glib posts and whatnot. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Oh noes!! That is a life altering experience for me. Knowing that the leader of a tiny sliver of arid land in the Middle East "schooled" Obama is going to make it very difficult for me to get up tomorrow morning. Better make myself a Paxil sandwich.