Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May-24-2008

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4036173]

The "Intellectual" one doesn't even know what year it is.
    [/QUOTE]

just examining Dean's post

(i know it's a waste to apply logic but im gonna try anyway)

I knew a brain surgeon that owned a sports car and wouldn't drive it over 50 mph. the dude could make a tiny stitch on an artery and save your life but he couldn't process the gas pedal.

there are PhD's that can't even dress themselves properly... or look people in the eye... so brilliant but they can't get a date unless they paid for it.

there are many ways to measure intelligence.

so when dean says "intellectual" sarcastically.. if he ever met an intellectual... there are many intellectuals that would make a mistake like this.

Alot of the world's smartest people don't concern themselves with basic stuff that everyone else lives with. there are physics geniuses that are not functional humans.

dont get me wrong im not saying Obama is Stephen Hawking.

but making a mistake like this doesn't prove or disprove intelligence.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4036377]just examining Dean's post

(i know it's a waste to apply logic but im gonna try anyway)

I knew a brain surgeon that owned a sports car and wouldn't drive it over 50 mph. the dude could make a tiny stitch on an artery and save your life but he couldn't process the gas pedal.

there are PhD's that can't even dress themselves properly... or look people in the eye... so brilliant but they can't get a date unless they paid for it.

there are many ways to measure intelligence.

so when dean says "intellectual" sarcastically.. if he ever met an intellectual... there are many intellectuals that would make a mistake like this.

Alot of the world's smartest people don't concern themselves with basic stuff that everyone else lives with. there are physics geniuses that are not functional humans.

dont get me wrong im not saying Obama is Stephen Hawking.

but making a mistake like this doesn't prove or disprove intelligence.[/QUOTE]

So youre saying you never mocked Bush's intelligence based on something similar?

EDIT: My apologies.

[quote=bitonti;4036377]he said New York, you assumed he meant the city - there are many districts on the island and upstate that more than make up for the weakness of the urban districts - westinghouse scholars out the yin yang - some of the richest communities in the nation/world are on Long Island - their public schools are mini-colleges.

by the way this thread is about the dumbness of Bush, make no mistake about it George Bush isn't dumb - he acts dumb but that's his schtick - he sets expectations so low that when he does do something smart (which he is always capable of doing) it really raises eyebrows - the debate is a perfect example - all Bush had to do was show up and not piss his pants and in light of his reputation that was considered a success...

he's many things but stupid is not one of em.[/quote]
    Last edited by Revi$_I$l@nd; 05-25-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4036323]That's Paulie's opinion, I think it is hilarious that the left made Bush out to be a bumbling fool and this guy out to be Einstein.....[/QUOTE]
    Consider the source, and let's move on. :)

All League
    If this changes your opinion of the man, than you're a fickle idiot.

If you like him, you don't care, if you don't like him, it's just another reason to rip him and if you're Paulie, you're sick of this sh*t.

more on the brain surgeon with the red sports car... i remember once we sat at a red light. it turned green. we sat through the entire green light until it was red again. the dude was lost in space or something. put a scapel in his hand he was a genius. but he couldn't function on a normal level. Im pretty sure he bought the sports car to get chicks or overcompensate but i doubt he got it past 2nd gear.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4036323]That's Paulie's opinion, I think it is hilarious that the left made Bush out to be a bumbling fool and this guy out to be Einstein.....[/QUOTE]

And vice versa, Dean. We didn't forget your love affair with Palin. ;)

I know what Paulie's point was....and he's still spot on. Running political opposition like the opening monologue of Jay Leno's show isn't going to net any political victories against Obama

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4036419]If this changes your opinion of the man, than you're a fickle idiot.

If you like him, you don't care, if you don't like him, it's just another reason to rip him and if you're Paulie, you're sick of this sh*t.[/QUOTE]

We need more Cliffs Notes posts like this one

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4036419]If this changes your opinion of the man, than you're a fickle idiot.

If you like him, you don't care, if you don't like him, it's just another reason to rip him and if you're Paulie, you're sick of this sh*t.[/QUOTE]

Very good, you only left one thing out.

If you had to consider if he was an (R) or (D) before you made a determination, you're a partisan shill.

And there are ALOT of partisan shills about.