Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY-26

[QUOTE=bitonti;4036878]I can grant that both of these Presidents are closer to the center than their bases like to admit. But remember alot of what you point out were not campaign promises.

Obama never promised to end Afghanistan, in fact he sold it as the good war. Obama never promised to end the Patriot Act or enact laws to limit CEO bonuses. Some things like Gitmo closing and the tax cuts I think he broke those promises but campaigning and governing are often different. I don't hold that against him.

Obama in many ways was an empty vessel and people put their hopes into what they thought he would be... what he is... is a corporate centrist. he pisses off both sides that's a sign of fairness. He never promised to be a progressive.[/QUOTE]

I didn't list Afghanistan.

He did promise to end the PA (I don't know if he reiterated on the campaign trail)

He definitely promised to limit CEO bonuses. A simple google search on your part will give you that.

He promised the American people a President who would do everything in his power to bring the pork in Washington crumbling down. He's doing the exact opposite. He broke his biggest promise, which the center elected him for. They wanted someone in the WH who didn't cater to lobbyists, WS, etc... He probably panders more than Bush...

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4036919] He broke his biggest promise, which the center elected him for. They wanted someone in the WH who didn't cater to lobbyists, WS, etc... He probably panders more than Bush...[/QUOTE]

if he didn't listen to corporate interests he wouldn't have made it very far

here's the full list of all his campaign promises and broken promises

I think he's doing pretty good

[url]http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4036859]people like Obamacare. all those younger than 26 year olds on their parents insurance has been a good thing. puts healthy people into the pool (lowering costs) and covers those who didn't have coverage. If they repealed Obamacare tomorrow there'd be a huge outcry, and it would be the parents of college aged or older children doing the crying.

just wait til the real benefits kick in it will be another aspect of American life that everyone but Republicans love. Like Medicare.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Must be nice living in pure fantasy

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4037129]LOL.

Must be nice living in pure fantasy[/QUOTE]

[url]http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/01/06/more-small-businesses-offering-health-care-to-employees-thanks-to-obamacare/[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4036859]people like Obamacare. all those younger than 26 year olds on their parents insurance has been a good thing. puts healthy people into the pool (lowering costs) and covers those who didn't have coverage. If they repealed Obamacare tomorrow there'd be a huge outcry, and it would be the parents of college aged or older children doing the crying.

just wait til the real benefits kick in it will be another aspect of American life that everyone but Republicans love. Like Medicare.[/QUOTE]

the only thing our 2 posts have in common is the word "Obamacare". :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4037155][url]http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/01/06/more-small-businesses-offering-health-care-to-employees-thanks-to-obamacare/[/url][/QUOTE]

LOL. A liberal blog puff piece is your source for your claim that a "majority of Americans support Obamacare".

Like I said, must be a fun world you live in

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4037338]LOL. A liberal blog puff piece is your source for your claim that a "majority of Americans support Obamacare".

Like I said, must be a fun world you live in[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!!

Direct quotes from BC BS executives = liberal fluff piece

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4037338]LOL. A liberal blog puff piece[/QUOTE]

it was in Forbes. owned by Steve Forbes. Reagan appointee and former GOP Presidential candidate.

Jets Insider VIP
    There just is no hope for some people

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4037404]There just is no hope for some people[/QUOTE]

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Jets Insider VIP

How does putting "healthy people into the pool" lower costs when it won't add an additional $ since you are just prolonging them buying their own insurance rather than them riding on thier parents plan?

Correct me if I am wrong but all that does is lower the average of "total insurance cost\people covered". It also can reduce the average of "$ paid for insurance\doctors". How does adding these supposedly healthy people to the pool without adding money to the pool help anyone.

[QUOTE=Trades;4037434]How does putting "healthy people into the pool" lower costs when it won't add an additional $ since you are just prolonging them buying their own insurance rather than them riding on thier parents plan?

Correct me if I am wrong but all that does is lower the average of "total insurance cost\people covered". It also can reduce the average of "$ paid for insurance\doctors". How does adding these supposedly healthy people to the pool without adding money to the pool help anyone.[/QUOTE]

Stop using facts and logic. Libs do not understand.
    Of course putting up to 26 year olds on a plan helps nothing. It allows more of a free ride and drain. Whether you have 2 kids or 6 kids the family plan is the same with most insurers.
    At 22, you better be able to supoort yourself. If still in college after 22, get the campus plan -most schools have them. If you can afford the masters, you can afford tuition. The military BTW has an excellent medical plan.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4037505]Stop using facts and logic. Libs do not understand.
    Of course putting up to 26 year olds on a plan helps nothing. It allows more of a free ride and drain. Whether you have 2 kids or 6 kids the family plan is the same with most insurers.
    At 22, you better be able to supoort yourself. If still in college after 22, get the campus plan -most schools have them. If you can afford the masters, you can afford tuition. The military BTW has an excellent medical plan.[/QUOTE]

22 yo's not in college and not in the military...what do you think they do when they get hurt or ill.

They go to the ER, don't pay and the cost of their treatment gets rolled into your premium costs!

Whoo-hoo!!!!

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4037555]22 yo's not in college and not in the military...what do you think they do when they get hurt or ill.[/QUOTE]

Why is the 22 year old not in college/millitary not working full time?

If his compnay offers insurance, he should take it.

If not, he should buy some insurance on his own.

If he's paid so little he can't pay for it, why isn't he on Medicaid (the system for the poor)?

Why is the only option walking out on ones responsabillity?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4037571]Why is the only option walking out on ones responsabillity?[/QUOTE]

It's not the only option, son. Just the option most widely used.

Perhaps if we fined these people for NOT buying their own insurance, we could get them to do it.

We should look into that.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4037607]It's not the only option, son. Just the option most widely used.[/quote]

"Son"? You mistaking me for someone else PK?

[QUOTE]Perhaps if we fined these people for NOT buying their own insurance, we could get them to do it.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they should just, I don't know this is just out of left field here, actually have to pay their own bills?

Choose not to work, or not to buy insurance, and when you get sick, you get a bill. One you cannot simply walk out on, repurcussion free?

I like you PK (till you called me "son", I hate that ****), but if it were up to me you'd never have teh chance to buy a car, or a house, or anything else that requires credit of any kind, until you paid your hospital bill.

Under that kind of system, folks wouldn't be so quick to walk away and shaft the rest of us, I assure you.

We should look into that.;)

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4037505]Stop using facts and logic. Libs do not understand.
    Of course putting up to 26 year olds on a plan helps nothing. It allows more of a free ride and drain. Whether you have 2 kids or 6 kids the family plan is the same with most insurers [/QUOTE]

if your youngest kid is 23 you might not have been on the family plan for a couple years.

Maybe you are just on the married plan... or 1 person plan in the case of being a single parent.

these sounds like nitpicks but parlayed out hundreds of thousands of times the costs do go down.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4037616]...but if it were up to me you'd never have teh chance to buy a car, or a house, or anything else that requires credit of any kind, until you paid your hospital bill.[/QUOTE]

F*ck credit. Don't need it.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4037571]Why is the 22 year old not in college/millitary not working full time?

If his compnay offers insurance, he should take it.

If not, he should buy some insurance on his own.

If he's paid so little he can't pay for it, why isn't he on Medicaid (the system for the poor)?

Why is the only option walking out on ones responsabillity?[/QUOTE]

Yeah why doesnt this person just go out and find a job with health benefits?

Or at the least, get a job at McDonalds, your pay will easily cover your $10,000 appendix surgery.

These lazy kids today. NO personal responsibility. Amirite?

Can I get a +1 from the choir on this?

/shrug
    Last edited by FF2; 05-28-2011 at 11:25 AM.

[QUOTE=FF2;4037885]Yeah why doesnt this person just go out and find a job with health benefits?

Or at the least, get a job at McDonalds, your pay will easily cover your $10,000 appendix surgery.

These lazy kids today. NO personal responsibility. Amirite?

Can I get a +1 from the choir on this?

/shrug[/QUOTE]

Sorry. Minus 10
    Get a job with or without insurance. If not provided by a company buy it privately.
    Hospitals should be off limits except to paying customers. No money, no insurance? Find a free clinic.
    Nowadays, many areas also have surgical centers. Set up by doctors because hospitals are gougers. They charge 50%-75% less. Proof of payment up front of course. Both my wife and I have had procedures in such places. Better.
    Neither my wife nor I have been uninsured since we graduated college at 22. It's called meeting one's responsibility. Same with home, car and life insurance.