Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: NBA FINALS - Predict the Outcome

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mavs in 4

0 0%
  • Mavs in 5

0 0%
  • Mavs in 6

4 26.67%
  • Mavs in 7

2 13.33%
  • Heat in 4

0 0%
  • Heat in 5

3 20.00%
  • Heat in 6

4 26.67%
  • Heat in 7

2 13.33%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals: Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Look for Spoelstra to be the scapegoat.
    Guy didn't foul to stop the clock, but he calls a time out with 18 seconds left and down by 12

other observations

Stern looks like a jewish buddah

Juwan Howards head is the size of a six year old's

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spoelstra: "LeBron made a lot of sacrifices to come here."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Spoelstra: "LeBron made a lot of sacrifices to come here."
    Yeah he gave up the cloak of being one of the players ever. Everyone thought it was just Cleveland having a crappy supporting cast, and letting LeBron have a free pass as one of the greats. Turns out it was all LeBron responsible for losing.

It also turns out that LeBron should have taken his talents to the WNBA. He might have won there. Although with those 4th quarter performances, even that is doubtful.
    Last edited by rep; 06-12-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Stern looks like a jewish buddah
    Hah?

Is this still a basketball thread?

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    Yeah he gave up the cloak of being one of the players ever. Everyone thought it was just Cleveland having a crappy supporting cast, and letting LeBron have a free pass as one of the greats. Turns out it was all LeBron responsible for losing.
    That makes no sense what so ever... Must of all been Kobe's fault that they lost this year, its not true and I hate Kobe. Must of been Dwight Howards fault for their losses this year, obviously not.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

I'm loving it.

No one with any sense should ever mention Lebron in the same sentence as Kobe, much less Jordan, ever again.

1. Kobe
    2. Dirk
    3. Wade
    4. Rose
    5. Durant

Lebron isn't even Top 5 in the NBA right now, much less an all-time great. What a f*cking clown.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

I'm loving it.

No one with any sense should ever mention Lebron in the same sentence as Kobe, much less Jordan, ever again.

1. Kobe
    2. Dirk
    3. Wade
    4. Rose
    5. Durant

Lebron isn't even Top 5 in the NBA right now, much less an all-time great. What a f*cking clown.
    You take into account playoff performance clearly and yet Rose is still in your top 5. Did you see the Eastern finals?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    You take into account playoff performance clearly and yet Rose is still in your top 5. Did you see the Eastern finals?
    Who the hell does Rose have to back him up and fall back on?

Carlos Boozer? Joakim Noah?

LOL

Give Rose a legit #2 guy and he may jump up into the Top 3. Hell, he could be the best player in the league in a few years.

And Rose is what, 22 years old?

Lebron is going on 27 and has been in the league for 9 years. He's not some young pup, fresh out of high school anymore. This has become common ground for him. Coming up small in big games.

And the "lack of a supporting cast" excuse can't be used for James anymore. He's got two all-stars around him, one of which is arguably one of the Top 2-3 players in the NBA.

The guy is a total pu$$y. Players like Kobe, Dirk, and Rose want the ball in their hands with the game on the line. Lebron passes out of the big shot every chance he gets.

It's absolutely comical how overrated this douche is. Scotty Pippen should be kicked in the balls by MJ himself for that whole Jordan/Lebron debate.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 06-13-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    UT, Rose is a very good player but you're just making excuses for him.

He got absolutely punked in the playoffs by the same guy you're denegrating in LeBron. Rose never faced another team with a superstar in the playoffs until the Heat.

Let us see him have a signature playoff series victory against another star player before we put him on the list.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is so much talent in the NBA right now you could have 100 people write down their top 5 and every list be different. Heck when you have to shutter to mention a player like Tim Duncan in your top 20 that is one heck of a group. Personally I've always felt James was over rated. Always thought Mello was the better player in that draft and still do. He just comes with more mental baggage but James is catching up on that IMO. Either way it is still close between those 2. I'll take a guy like Chris Paul, Rondo, or Deron Williams any day over either. Those are guys that in the heat of the moment become field generals. I have no issues with James looking to Wade but Wade is the obvious alpha on that team and he doesn't make my top 5. My top 5 would look something like this.

1-2 Chris Paul, Kobe
    3 Rondo
    4 Devon Williams
    5 Kevin Durant

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I think there is so much talent in the NBA right now you could have 100 people write down their top 5 and every list be different. Heck when you have to shutter to mention a player like Tim Duncan in your top 20 that is one heck of a group. Personally I've always felt James was over rated. Always thought Mello was the better player in that draft and still do. He just comes with more mental baggage but James is catching up on that IMO. Either way it is still close between those 2. I'll take a guy like Chris Paul, Rondo, or Deron Williams any day over either. Those are guys that in the heat of the moment become field generals. I have no issues with James looking to Wade but Wade is the obvious alpha on that team and he doesn't make my top 5. My top 5 would look something like this.

1-2 Chris Paul, Kobe
    3 Rondo
    4 Devon Williams
    5 Kevin Durant

Devon lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Devon lol
    NETS fan was excited to get him instead of Mello really. Don't know why people think we missed out on him. If Williams resigns that was a sweat deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was this Jason Kidd's first title?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Kobe
    2. Dirk
    3. Wade
    4. Rose
    5. Durant

Lebron isn't even Top 5 in the NBA right now, much less an all-time great.
    AGREED

I Got LeFraud at #8

I think we can argue about where to rank the TOP 7, but I would rank all seven ahead of LeFraud

1. Durant
    2. Kobe
    3. Dirk
    4. Howard
    5. Blake
    6. Wade
    7. Rose
    8. LeFraud
    9. Paul
    10. Deron
    11. Amare
    12. Carmelo
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 06-13-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

I'm loving it.

1. Kobe
    2. Dirk
    3. Wade
    4. Rose
    5. Durant

As much as I hated the guy when he played the Knicks, it will take a phenomenal athlete to dethrone the king. No question, based on his achievements in the playoffs and finals, Jordan is the best of all time. LeBron can't shine his shoes.

Maybe Gholston will share his "Ghost" moniker with LeBron. What a disappearing act. Good, next time come to the Knicks, putz.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

I'm loving it.

1. Kobe
    2. Dirk
    3. Wade
    4. Rose
    5. Durant

Kobe got swept by the Mavericks, Rose was shut down by the Heat and yet you won't even include Lebron?

Heat need a coach and a shooter, they will be back year after year.

One thing Lebron did was bring out a lot of people who never watched basketball, let alone the NBA. Lebron's press conference to switch teams was pathetic, but other than that, I do not see why the hate for him is so ridiculously strong. The Knicks and their fans blew this guy for three straight years and now he is a bum? LOL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post

1-2 Chris Paul, Kobe
    3 Rondo
    4 Devon Williams
    5 Kevin Durant
    Rondo is barely a top 5 PG, never mind top 5 player.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Was this Jason Kidd's first title?
    Yes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Kobe got swept by the Mavericks, Rose was shut down by the Heat and yet you won't even include Lebron?

Heat need a coach and a shooter, they will be back year after year.

One thing Lebron did was bring out a lot of people who never watched basketball, let alone the NBA. Lebron's press conference to switch teams was pathetic, but other than that, I do not see why the hate for him is so ridiculously strong. The Knicks and their fans blew this guy for three straight years and now he is a bum? LOL.
    So you're going to use one playoff series to tear down Kobe?

A guy who has 5 championships, is the clutchest player since Michael Jordan himself, has an MVP under his belt (inlcuding two Finals MVP's), has 13 all-star appearances, has been voted 1st team All-NBA 9 times, and has averaged 25 PPG over the course of his 16 year career?

Really?

How do you not get the hate for Lebron? We're talking about a guy who was annointed the next Michael Jordan as soon as he came into the league at 18 years old. All of us have had to listen to that stupid crap for years now. The MJ comparisons, the "King James" moniker, etc.

This guy is the complete opposite of clutch. He doesn't even want the ball in his hands with the game on the line. Hell, he passes out of the big shot every chance he gets. Yet some people still have the balls to mention him in the same category as Kobe Bryant, much less Michael Jordan?

I'm sorry, but that's just a complete joke.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how people overreact to every game..

Lebron James is Alex Rodriguez as a Yankee 2004-2008...AROD was arguably the best player in baseball (top 5 for sure) but he just could not deliver when the pressure was on..that is what LeBron James is...Arod had/has a penchant to say and do some dumb things as does Lebron...but is he still one of the top 5 players in the leauge? absolutely and if you don't believe so your "hate" is clouding your judgment...

I am super happy for JKIDD, Dirk and Cuban...congrats to the Mavs..
    Last edited by gqxluvx; 06-13-2011 at 02:48 PM.