Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: NBA FINALS - Predict the Outcome

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mavs in 4

0 0%
  • Mavs in 5

0 0%
  • Mavs in 6

4 26.67%
  • Mavs in 7

2 13.33%
  • Heat in 4

0 0%
  • Heat in 5

3 20.00%
  • Heat in 6

4 26.67%
  • Heat in 7

2 13.33%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NBA Finals: Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Was this Jason Kidd's first title?
    Yes. I don't think anyone on the team ever won before

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it OK to go back to hating Mark Cuban now ??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    I love how people overreact to every game..

Lebron James is Alex Rodriguez as a Yankee 2004-2008...AROD was arguably the best player in baseball (top 5 for sure) but he just could not deliver when the pressure was on..that is what LeBron James is...Arod had/has a pension to say and do some dumb things as does Lebron...but is he still one of the top 5 players in the leauge? absolutely and if you don't believe so your "hate" is clouding your judgment...

I am super happy for JKIDD, Dirk and Cuban...congrats to the Mavs..
    Well, to be fair, we all have our pensions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Cuban looks real weird now. Bad plastic surgery?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow has been designated as LEBRON JAMES DAY in Dallas

Everyone gets off work 12 minutes early

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Well, to be fair, we all have our pensions.
    Lol edited..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    Tomorrow has been designated as LEBRON JAMES DAY in Dallas

Everyone gets off work 12 minutes early
    LMFAO. Well done, guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When asked to comment on LeBron's dismal 4th Quarter performances in the Finals, former teammate Delonte West replied:

"I don't know why he chokes....he certainly doesn't get that from his mother."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

I'm loving it.

No one with any sense should ever mention Lebron in the same sentence as Kobe, much less Jordan, ever again.

1. Kobe
    2. Dirk
    3. Wade
    4. Rose
    5. Durant

Lebron isn't even Top 5 in the NBA right now, much less an all-time great. What a f*cking clown.
    -realtalk-

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Dirk too his talents to Souf Beach and got himelf a ring.

Like 90% of NBA fans I'm thrilled to see Lebron get a deluxe omelette thrown on his face as a result of not winning the title. Mavs were the first good team they faced in the playoffs the Heat totally choked. Celtics were old, injured and Ainge gave away Kendrick. Bulls are very overrated. Heat could not have asked for an easier path to the Finals except they actually had to beat a quality team that had a superstar in his prime, depth and a great coach who had all the right defensive schemes.

Big Congrats to Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Barea etc. they truly deserve this. As does Mark Cuban - the best owner in pro sports.

As far as Lefraud goes I predict he won't be a Miami Heat player 3-4 years from now. This Heat team is over the cap and cannot add anyone great. Their lack of size and strength at PF and C was exposed during this series. Lakers are about to get Howard and Knicks may end up getting Chris Paul plus Dirk and the Mavs will still be around so I don't think this Heat team will win next year either.

Lebron has an opt out of this contract I believe after the 3rd or 4th year. By then he'll realize this was a huge mistake and move on. Too bad he'll be 31 and with bad knees by then

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    When asked to comment on LeBron's dismal 4th Quarter performances in the Finals, former teammate Delonte West replied:

"I don't know why he chokes....he certainly doesn't get that from his mother."
    "And you can pound it inside on her all night, and she won't ask for a breather."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Rondo is barely a top 5 PG, never mind top 5 player.
    Rondo is the unquestioned leader of a very talented Celts team. If he is not in your top 5 PGs easy you know nothing of basketball. Guys like Allen, Garnet, O'Neal, and Pierce are not playing 2nd string to someone that isn't that good. Any other team and he'd be a 20+point guy and still be one of the best D players on the court. His unquestioned leadership ability is what makes him better then most. Yeah I'll admit his stats dont show his value but make no mistake it is there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Rondo is the unquestioned leader of a very talented Celts team. If he is not in your top 5 PGs easy you know nothing of basketball. Guys like Allen, Garnet, O'Neal, and Pierce are not playing 2nd string to someone that isn't that good. Any other team and he'd be a 20+point guy and still be one of the best D players on the court. His unquestioned leadership ability is what makes him better then most. Yeah I'll admit his stats dont show his value but make no mistake it is there.
    He's number 5. And that's just PG's. He's not even close to sniffing the top 5 players (any position) in the game. That's an absurd claim.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    1. Paul
    2. Rose
    3. Williams
    4. Rondo
    5. Westbrook
    6. Parker
    7. Nash

Out of those, I think Paul and Rose may sneak into my top 10. Rondo is a nice player but with that jumper, I could never put him in the top 10 let alone top 5