Kobe Bryant

23 ppg 3 ast 3 reb 45% FG %

LBJ

26 ppg 6 asst 9 Reb 46% FG %

Not even close.
    LOL

Really?

I mean...really?

Wake me up when LeBron has a single championship, much less five.

Wake me up when LeBron doesn't have to play b!tch boy Robin to Dwyane Wade's Batman to have a legit chance at winning the big one.

Wake me up when James developes the same sort of clutch reputation that only Jordan and Kobe have obtained.

Until this guy actually accomplishes something significant, can we please put these goofy Jordan/Kobe comparisons on the backburner?

Scotty Pippen should have his teeth kicked in for the whole MJ/LeBron debate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dallas in 6

No one, and I mean NO ONE, can stop Nowitski right now. LeBron is a very good defender, but a 7'0 sharpshooter with the skillset of Dirk is one in a million. Put a hand in his face, and the majority of the time, he'll still knock it down. Doesn't matter where he's positioned at on the court. Bump him and send him to the line? The guy is as cold as ice and is one of the better FT shooters in the game. 60 of 62 from the line in the playoffs is f*cking nuts, no matter how you slice it.

Not to mention guys like Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion playing lights out defense.

When it comes down to crunch time, I'll take Nowitski over LeBron or Wade anyday of the week. The guy is on a mission right now.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 05-28-2011 at 02:48 AM.

All League
    Are people really saying Kobe is a better basketball player than LeBron? Like really? We're not in 2007 anymore.

No one player can do it by himself, when Shaq left, Kobe went down the toilet before they surrounded him with talent again, Odom and Gasol scrubs? Yeah right! Wade schooled Kobe and the Lakers every time with Shaq on his side and won a championship and this is when Shaq was a shadow of his former self.

Bird had McHale who in my opinion was the best PF of the early 80's, it's between him and Worthy before Malone came on the scene. Plus he had Parrish a top 5 center and DJ one of the best PG's of the 80's and Danny Ainge the best pure shooting guard of the 80's... Come on now!

Dr. J didn't win anything until Moses came on board, then they won. And they had Cheeks and Toney one of the best backcourts of all time. They had Bobby Jones too.

Magic had the best assemblage of talent ever concocted, from top to bottom, he had Kareem a 7.4 behemoth with the most lethal shot ever in NBA history, Worthy a high flying dunk machine who ran the floor like a guard, he had Byron Scott who was one of the best 2 way guards I've ever seen play, he could play the one and the two in a pinch. Magic also had the best bench in the league and the best 7th man of all time in Cooper who was a lethal 3 point shooter and defender, not to mention AC Greene and Woolridge and Rambis... their bench was better than most starting units at the time. So Magic didn't do it alone.

Detroit was a three headed monster with guards Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars and Vinny the Microwave Johnson running all over the place when they went with three PG's. They had PF Dantley for a while second only to McHale in low post prowess, then they got Aguirre. They had Laimbeer and McNasty (forgot his name) They also had the best duo of defending/rebounding big men in the league at the time in Spider Salley and Dennis Rodman... That team was loaded, Isaiah couldn't win sht alone. The Hawks and other teams always bounced them out of the playoffs, not to mention the Celts, they became a team when these pieces came together.

The Bulls only became dynastic when Pippen came on, Jordan couldn't even get past Detroit early on. Pippen was the reason they became a championship team. But it didn't end with MJ and Pipp, they had the best rebounder the league has ever known and it's not even close, Rodman was a man possesed under the rim, giving Michael and Pippen second, third and fourth opportunities to score. He was devastatingly effective for a long time. Zen master my ass!!! Horace Grant was as solid as you can get as a rebounder and defender as well, a better Haslem in my opinion. Then there were the sharp shooters, way too many to mention, but Chicago always had the best.... So no, Jordan didn't do it alone.

Houston won only when they surrounded Hakeem with talent, they were scary good and deep. Mario Ellie was deadly from outside, you had a young big shot Bobby (Horry) who at the time not only shot the ball well but had a monstrous vertical. They had Kenny Smith, they had the guard out of FSU forget his name, he was lethal. Their PF was a top 10 PF at the time. No, Hakeem didn't win until the talent was had first, then he had to fight to win.

The Celtics needed to bring Garnett, Pierce and Allen together to win... Alone they never won sht, period end of story. Oh and what a find Rondo was for them... a top 5 PG in this league. Not to mention Perkins too. Again Pierce and Garnett never could have aspired to anything by themselves.

The Lakers became a menace again when they got Gasol, he put them over the top. Odom too, but Gasol put that team over the top. Want proof? Gasol **** the bed late this year and that team went south. Poor Kobe couldn't do it alone after all... Phhhzzzzzz, sorry Kobe!

Last but not least, the Heat have a dual not a triple headed monster in my opinion. Bron and Wade are both top 5 players, Bosh is not even top 20 in my mind, but he's very, very good in a lot of ways, just not worth all that money in my opinion unless he develops a low post game and learns to defend and rebound better. After Bosh, it goes downhill rapidly, I mean way rapidly. The next best player is Haslem, a solid 10/10 guy most nights, he's usually solid to very solid but nothing else. Anthony has tremendous upside if he develops his offensive game, his effort and intensity on the defensive end of the court and his rebounding is infectious, but he couldn't start for most teams because he is easily the worst offensive player in the league, it's laughable how bad he is, Ben Wallace is a Hakeem next to Anthony, that's how bad he is. After that it's downhill, the Heat is dog****. Bulls much deeper team, so are the Celts and Lakers and Mavs and OKC and Memphis... Sht the Clippers are deeper than the Heat, but it has to be that way from now on with those 3 swallowing up that cash.

So Hammy and company your hate is palpable because the Knicks suck so bad, no Mello is not the answer. I understand the frustration with the Heat, you guys are cute to us now, I don't even bother hating the Knicks, I pet you all on the head because I know you're all jet fans too. But Hammy, your hatred is unwarranted, it really is. Lebron did the right thing, he just went about it the wrong way. Oh and by the way, the Heat will beat Dallas again. The combination of Bron and Wade with sprinkling of Bosh is just too devastating and Bron Bron is taking it to another level... And Wade? I know he's a lowdown pittbull, he'll get fixed from here to then and then he will explode for 40 or close to it at least one game of that series. Dallas cannot match that firepower. I do feel sorry for the rest of the league for the next 5 years at least, the Heat will win 3 maybe four like the Bulls did, maybe more. Unless Wade breaks down... But not to worry, because we still got Bron and Riley will just surround him with top notch talent again... hehehhehe!!! Sucks to be a Nix fan, ain't I a stinker?
    Last edited by Slikmojet; 05-28-2011 at 03:51 AM.

When it comes down to crunch time, I'll take Nowitski over LeBron or Wade anyday of the week. The guy is on a mission right now.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, lets see, who came on in the crunch and who imploded in the 06 finals???

Championships are won under the rim, not 30 feet from it. Remember that young Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Playoffs :

Kobe Bryant

23 ppg 3 ast 3 reb 45% FG %

LBJ

26 ppg 6 asst 9 Reb 46% FG %

Not even close.
    Actually...thats pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    No one player can do it by himself, when Shaq left, Kobe went down the toilet before they surrounded him with talent again, Odom and Gasol scrubs? Yeah right! Wade schooled Kobe and the Lakers every time with Shaq on his side and won a championship and this is when Shaq was a shadow of his former self.

Bird had McHale who in my opinion was the best PF of the early 80's, it's between him and Worthy before Malone came on the scene. Plus he had Parrish a top 5 center and DJ one of the best PG's of the 80's and Danny Ainge the best pure shooting guard of the 80's... Come on now!

Dr. J didn't win anything until Moses came on board, then they won. And they had Cheeks and Toney one of the best backcourts of all time. They had Bobby Jones too.

Magic had the best assemblage of talent ever concocted, from top to bottom, he had Kareem a 7.4 behemoth with the most lethal shot ever in NBA history, Worthy a high flying dunk machine who ran the floor like a guard, he had Byron Scott who was one of the best 2 way guards I've ever seen play, he could play the one and the two in a pinch. Magic also had the best bench in the league and the best 7th man of all time in Cooper who was a lethal 3 point shooter and defender, not to mention AC Greene and Woolridge and Rambis... their bench was better than most starting units at the time. So Magic didn't do it alone.

Detroit was a three headed monster with guards Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars and Vinny the Microwave Johnson running all over the place when they went with three PG's. They had PF Dantley for a while second only to McHale in low post prowess, then they got Aguirre. They had Laimbeer and McNasty (forgot his name) They also had the best duo of defending/rebounding big men in the league at the time in Spider Salley and Dennis Rodman... That team was loaded, Isaiah couldn't win sht alone. The Hawks and other teams always bounced them out of the playoffs, not to mention the Celts, they became a team when these pieces came together.

The Bulls only became dynastic when Pippen came on, Jordan couldn't even get past Detroit early on. Pippen was the reason they became a championship team. But it didn't end with MJ and Pipp, they had the best rebounder the league has ever known and it's not even close, Rodman was a man possesed under the rim, giving Michael and Pippen second, third and fourth opportunities to score. He was devastatingly effective for a long time. Zen master my ass!!! Horace Grant was as solid as you can get as a rebounder and defender as well, a better Haslem in my opinion. Then there were the sharp shooters, way too many to mention, but Chicago always had the best.... So no, Jordan didn't do it alone.

Houston won only when they surrounded Hakeem with talent, they were scary good and deep. Mario Ellie was deadly from outside, you had a young big shot Bobby (Horry) who at the time not only shot the ball well but had a monstrous vertical. They had Kenny Smith, they had the guard out of FSU forget his name, he was lethal. Their PF was a top 10 PF at the time. No, Hakeem didn't win until the talent was had first, then he had to fight to win.

The Celtics needed to bring Garnett, Pierce and Allen together to win... Alone they never won sht, period end of story. Oh and what a find Rondo was for them... a top 5 PG in this league. Not to mention Perkins too. Again Pierce and Garnett never could have aspired to anything by themselves.

The Lakers became a menace again when they got Gasol, he put them over the top. Odom too, but Gasol put that team over the top. Want proof? Gasol **** the bed late this year and that team went south. Poor Kobe couldn't do it alone after all... Phhhzzzzzz, sorry Kobe!

Last but not least, the Heat have a dual not a triple headed monster in my opinion. Bron and Wade are both top 5 players, Bosh is not even top 20 in my mind, but he's very, very good in a lot of ways, just not worth all that money in my opinion unless he develops a low post game and learns to defend and rebound better. After Bosh, it goes downhill rapidly, I mean way rapidly. The next best player is Haslem, a solid 10/10 guy most nights, he's usually solid to very solid but nothing else. Anthony has tremendous upside if he develops his offensive game, his effort and intensity on the defensive end of the court and his rebounding is infectious, but he couldn't start for most teams because he is easily the worst offensive player in the league, it's laughable how bad he is, Ben Wallace is a Hakeem next to Anthony, that's how bad he is. After that it's downhill, the Heat is dog****. Bulls much deeper team, so are the Celts and Lakers and Mavs and OKC and Memphis... Sht the Clippers are deeper than the Heat, but it has to be that way from now on with those 3 swallowing up that cash.

So Hammy and company your hate is palpable because the Knicks suck so bad, no Mello is not the answer. I understand the frustration with the Heat, you guys are cute to us now, I don't even bother hating the Knicks, I pet you all on the head because I know you're all jet fans too. But Hammy, your hatred is unwarranted, it really is. Lebron did the right thing, he just went about it the wrong way. Oh and by the way, the Heat will beat Dallas again. The combination of Bron and Wade with sprinkling of Bosh is just too devastating and Bron Bron is taking it to another level... And Wade? I know he's a lowdown pittbull, he'll get fixed from here to then and then he will explode for 40 or close to it at least one game of that series. Dallas cannot match that firepower. I do feel sorry for the rest of the league for the next 5 years at least, the Heat will win 3 maybe four like the Bulls did, maybe more. Unless Wade breaks down... But not to worry, because we still got Bron and Riley will just surround him with top notch talent again... hehehhehe!!! Sucks to be a Nix fan, ain't I a stinker?
    You do realize Jordan played in the 80's correct?

Enough with the James worship. Seriously. Is he maybe the greatest athlete in league history? Yes. Is he maybe the most versatile player in the history of the league? Yes. But it does not mean anything until you have the rings.

BTW, all the people that are listing the teammates of Bird, Magic, Jordan, Isiah, et al. Those supporting casts either came to play with the superstar in question or were already there when the superstar was drafted. None of those superstars had free reign to go play wherever they wanted and decided to play on a team that already had a top ten player, such as Wade, on the team.

The James hate is not because he plays with other good players. The hate is because we have been bombarded with hype over this smug heir apparent/king/global icon since he was young enough not to be able to buy alcohol and, instead of choosing to play somewhere that he started the foundation of the team, he chose to tuck his tail between his legs and go play with Bosh and Wade.

Remember, KG and Ray Allen were traded to Boston, they did not conspire to go play there with Pierce.

The James thing just makes me mad. They may win it but they didn't earn it IMO. They aren't the best team they just got mad luck down the stretch. 1st they face the 76ers. I know Indy had the worst record but Philly was by far the worst PO team IMO. Orlando some how manages to loose 3 games they should have won and let the friggen Hawks go on and the Bulls are just weren't ready. They needed a vet pres. in a bad way in that series.

After Rajon Rondo hurt himself the Celts where as good as done. I question why he was played as much as he was. Then on the other side SA still hasn't added any youth so they couldn't keep it up down the stretch and well LA. Well lets just say only a team lead by Koby can win that many games and still play like a bunch of rookies. If I where Jackson I would have walked off the court that last game.

On a side note I am mad that everyone have been talking about the 6 best player in the final 4 and no one has mention Kid. I may be bias here but even at 38 Kid is the hardest working player on the court. Dallas has a good cast off guys that seem to be past there prime but could very easy school Miami if they overlook Kid in that series. If they let Kidd control the pace of the game Dallas will run those guys into the ground. He is the all time triple double king and can do it at will. Yeah he doesn't shoot a lot but on Dallas her does have to. If Dallas has a lead going into the 4th I guarantee they close it out a lot better then Chicago did because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    What LeBron did last night was disgraceful.

The face of the NBA pretended to get hit in his face, flailed around on the ground seemingly writhing in pain only to get up when his act was done and wink at a teammate. He looked like an italian soccer player... The dude is one big joke.

I hope Dallas wins in 5.
    He didn't look like an Italian soccer player, he looked like Jeter getting hit by a ball and taking the walk. Gimme a break...... so hypocritical

All League
    I would love to see the Mavs win as I think Dirk deserves it, but alas I expect the Heat to win in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I'm not a disgruntled Knicks fan

I'm a Nets fan

Ouch! That hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Actually...thats pretty close.
    Uh really? This confuses you? Yeah the scoring is pretty close. But do you realize he's got twice as many assist and 3 times as many rebounds? Thats a player thats doing it all for his team in the most crucial time of the season. The playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    He didn't look like an Italian soccer player, he looked like Jeter getting hit by a ball and taking the walk. Gimme a break...... so hypocritical
    He missed contact by a solid foot and immediately grabbed his face and went to the ground writhing in 'agony'. It was an embarassing display by the so called face of the league.

People that hate on Lebron for going to the Heat are out of line.....He took less money to try to win a championship.....I don't blame him for getting out of that ****hole of a city in Cleveland

However, I've always hated the Miami Heat franchise so I will not root for them, and I'd like to see Dirk get a ring.....Dallas in 6

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The James thing just makes me mad. They may win it but they didn't earn it IMO. They aren't the best team they just got mad luck down the stretch. 1st they face the 76ers. I know Indy had the worst record but Philly was by far the worst PO team IMO. Orlando some how manages to loose 3 games they should have won and let the friggen Hawks go on and the Bulls are just weren't ready. They needed a vet pres. in a bad way in that series.

After Rajon Rondo hurt himself the Celts where as good as done. I question why he was played as much as he was. Then on the other side SA still hasn't added any youth so they couldn't keep it up down the stretch and well LA. Well lets just say only a team lead by Koby can win that many games and still play like a bunch of rookies. If I where Jackson I would have walked off the court that last game.

On a side note I am mad that everyone have been talking about the 6 best player in the final 4 and no one has mention Kid. I may be bias here but even at 38 Kid is the hardest working player on the court. Dallas has a good cast off guys that seem to be past there prime but could very easy school Miami if they overlook Kid in that series. If they let Kidd control the pace of the game Dallas will run those guys into the ground. He is the all time triple double king and can do it at will. Yeah he doesn't shoot a lot but on Dallas her does have to. If Dallas has a lead going into the 4th I guarantee they close it out a lot better then Chicago did because of him.
    if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle....

so any team that wins is lucky? you do realize you sound like a complete whiner? you could make the case that ANY team in ANY sport gets a "lucky" break to win...good teams make their own breaks.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Kobe isn't even the 2nd best player to ever play the game.
    ur right cuz kobes tha 1st best player of all time

Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets View Post
    Check out Slam magazines TOP 100 players of all time, Kobe is not in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by kobe24jets View Post
    Kobe24jets. Are you 7 years old?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Check out Slam magazines TOP 100 players of all time, Kobe is not in the top 5.
    its not my fault they got idiots makin that list

the real top 5

1. kobe
    2 pippen
    3 magic
    4 wilt
    5 shaq