Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Does he have this rep?

I'm not a Bruins fan but I live in New England he went to college here at University of Vermont. I've always thought he was a laid back quiet guy.
    Not at all. Your take is correct from all accounts I have heard. The guy toiled in obscurity for years before finally making it as a NHL starter in his early 30's. Arrogant is probably the last word I would use to describe him.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Agreed. Boychuk should have been suspended on the same basis that Rome was suspended.

Vinnie overstated it a bit. There are certainly some very likeable Canucks. Malhotra, Hansen and Schneider come immediately to mind, but there are others as well.

That said, I'll gladly put the three Bruins of your choice in a league-wide "biggest douches" contest against Lapierre, Burrows and Luongo. Outside of Vancouver and Montreal, I would expect the Canuck trio to win in a landslide.
    Common MAN, this is no time for fairness and level headed discussion. This is Game 7!!! A time for homerism and ratcheting up hyperbole!

Geez.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Agreed. Boychuk should have been suspended on the same basis that Rome was suspended.

Vinnie overstated it a bit. There are certainly some very likeable Canucks. Malhotra, Hansen and Schneider come immediately to mind, but there are others as well.

That said, I'll gladly put the three Bruins of your choice in a league-wide "biggest douches" contest against Lapierre, Burrows and Luongo. Outside of Vancouver and Montreal, I would expect the Canuck trio to win in a landslide.
    Don't get me wrong; Vancouver is not my choice. I would like to see them win because they are a Canadian team, but Lapierre is a BIG douche, and Burrows used to be, but his antics this series have been shameful. Luongo is not that bad, and most of his rap is coming from a quote the last game where (surprisingly) the media took a comment WAY WAY out of context. He was not ridiculing Thomas on the goal that went in in game 5, he was stating, honestly, that he probably would have made that save because their styles are different, but there have been some great saves by Thomas that he would not have stopped. Media wants honest answers, ***** when they don't get them, then when they do, they take things way out of context so they can create imagined controversy to sell papers.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Does he have this rep?

I'm not a Bruins fan but I live in New England he went to college here at University of Vermont. I've always thought he was a laid back quiet guy.
    Don't know about Boychuck's rep, but Rome is not a dirty player, and he has been crucified for a hit that was not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Don't know about Boychuck's rep, but Rome is not a dirty player, and he has been crucified for a hit that was not that bad.
    Are yoiu for real? Rome's hit wasn't that bad?!

That comment proves you have zero credibility. It was a clear cheap shot. I suppose you think that Burrows' biting was no big deal either. Of course, defending Luongo for his stupid remarks post game 5 and again later at the airport when he could have retracted a bit, is telling enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    If Vancouver wins Game 7 by one goal, it will officially become the NHL version of the 1960 World Series.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/po.../1960_WS.shtml
    Nice comparison.

I fully expect a close game tonight, hopefully with Vancouver coming out on top.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Sorry, I thought I highlighted Thomas's name.

Canada or any team > Boston

I'm almost rooting more for OT rather than a particular team tonight. Don't like Boston, but I really don't like Luongo so I'm hoping for some entertaining chaos.

2-0 B's. Great game so far.

Thomas is so clutch.

3-0 after 2 periods.

Please Jesus, help my Bruins hold on.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    3-0 after 2 periods.
    Ew, two periods. blech pittoey.

Is hockey fun?

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

That goalie should get in trouble for abandoning his net.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Burn your city down Casucks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

COngrats Bruins.

Well done.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Great series. Boston Bruins are STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

Last time I watched the Bruins win the cup, it was with my dad on a little B&W set. LOL

When's the friggin' parade?

Jets Insider VIP
    Basketball done, Hockey done, Only one more BS sport left and then Football

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    When's the friggin' parade?
    Cubans paying.

What else is left for you Boston guys?

There's gonna be a void now.

lol