Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 113

Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post

  2. #42
    It's crazy that the Canucks are getting outscored 14-6 and they have the opportunity to win the series heading into game 6.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    It's crazy that the Canucks are getting outscored 14-6 and they have the opportunity to win the series heading into game 6.
    At least Luongo can't get the Conn Smythe right. Outside of their series with the Sharks he has been all over the place.

  4. #44
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,850
    Hopefully Vancouver can close this out Monday.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    Hopefully Vancouver can close this out Monday.
    From your mouth to God's digestive system . . . .

  6. #46
    I'll be pretty damn surprised if this doesn't head back to Vancouver for a game 7.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I'll be pretty damn surprised if this doesn't head back to Vancouver for a game 7.
    I'd say so. Looking at Thomas' overall numbers I think he is the Conn Smythe winner this year, win or lose. Unlike, when Gigere got it after a loss it would be hard to argue a vote against Thomas.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetsman28 View Post
    I'd say so. Looking at Thomas' overall numbers I think he is the Conn Smythe winner this year, win or lose. Unlike, when Gigere got it after a loss it would be hard to argue a vote against Thomas.
    +1

    He definitely deserves it.

  9. #49
    Someone has to 'splain this home ice advantage to me.

  10. #50
    For the series, it's now 19-7 Bruins, yet we're seeing a game 7.

    I can't remember a Stanley Cup Final quite like this one.

  11. #51
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,788
    The team who hits the hardest and finishes their checks will win game 7.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    What do you think about letting Cory Schneider play game 6 back in Boston? I

    know it probably won't happen, but it would serve two purposes. First of all,

    Luongo seems to completely unravel when the he gives up a couple of goals.

    He did it in the Chicago series, and we've seen it happen even worse up in

    Boston. The Chowd-crowd has been merciless on him, which seems to add

    even more to his unraveling. Sitting out game 6 would also enable him to be

    fresh if the series does end up going back to Vancouver. He has played a ton

    of games this post season and, IMO, a rest would do him good.
    Too late to answer this, but I was 100% in starting Schneider.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    The team who hits the hardest and finishes their checks will win game 7.
    +1

    Hopefully though it goes into OT and the Bs win it!

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    +1

    Hopefully though it goes into OT and the Bs win it!
    Ditto. No way the scummy Canucks deserve the cup. I've never witnessed such a bunch of classless, crybaby, cheap-shot floppers as on that team. Down to the man, they are all bums.

  15. #55
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,479
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    For the series, it's now 19-7 Bruins, yet we're seeing a game 7.

    I can't remember a Stanley Cup Final quite like this one.

    If Vancouver wins Game 7 by one goal, it will officially become the NHL version of the 1960 World Series.

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/po.../1960_WS.shtml

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    Ditto. No way the scummy Canucks deserve the cup. I've never witnessed such a bunch of classless, crybaby, cheap-shot floppers as on that team. Down to the man, they are all bums.
    Yeah, and Boychuck's hit on Mason Raymond that broke his back was a clean check (with no suspension....glad to see Shanahan is being as consistent as Colin Campbell)

    Or Thornton's antics firing pucks at Luongo during practice.

    Or Tim Thomas' arrogance.

    Or Zdeno Chara...period.

    Stay classy Boston fans.....as always.
    Last edited by CanadaSteve; 06-15-2011 at 08:28 AM.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I never understood the American fans mocking the Canadian National Anthem at games. The majority of players for their own team are Canadian. And that's not something that only occurs at Bruins games. I've heard it countless times at Devils games and they are a pretty tame crowd compared to others across the league.
    Great post.

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    I started out rooting for the Canucks but as the series progressed, I changed my mind. I have no idea why. The hit on horton changed my mind.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Yeah, and Boychuck's hit on Mason Raymond that broke his back was a clean check (with no suspension....glad to see Shanahan is being as consistent as Colin Campbell)
    Agreed. Boychuk should have been suspended on the same basis that Rome was suspended.

    Vinnie overstated it a bit. There are certainly some very likeable Canucks. Malhotra, Hansen and Schneider come immediately to mind, but there are others as well.

    That said, I'll gladly put the three Bruins of your choice in a league-wide "biggest douches" contest against Lapierre, Burrows and Luongo. Outside of Vancouver and Montreal, I would expect the Canuck trio to win in a landslide.

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,104
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Or Tim Thomas' arrogance.
    Does he have this rep?

    I'm not a Bruins fan but I live in New England he went to college here at University of Vermont. I've always thought he was a laid back quiet guy.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 06-15-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us