Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supplemental Draft - T. Pryor

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Supplemental Draft - T. Pryor

Looks like the Supplemental Draft might have a pretty high-profile player in it:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...05/30/zzz.html

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He may have talent but this guys seems like too much of a problem child

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Jets don't need another tight end

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    the Jets don't need another tight end
    LOL - how does this kid project as an NFL QB? Does he at all?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    LOL - how does this kid project as an NFL QB? Does he at all?
    Kiper and others have said no... I think he's alot rawer than Cam Newton... as a thrower... But a team like the Bengals or Bills could use the star power.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 let him find a home elsewhere, this dude is not necessary for us

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mayock mentioned him as a possible Brad Smith-type in specific packages. Said good fit for Jets. Hmmm .... Smith's a free agent.

... Mayock (who watched 4 hrs of tape on him today) says over/under for Pryor is 4th rd, w/3rd rd possible. Sees Year 1 value in "packages".

Our own Mike Mayock -- the very best in the biz -- is talking Terrelle Pryor on Total Access now ...

https://twitter.com/#!/AlbertBreer

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor, believes Pryor will be a first-round pick in the supplemental draft.

A slightly more objective observer, NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, is skeptical.

Mayock said on Total Access that after studying tape of Pryor, the most likely outcome is a team using a fourth-round pick to get Pryor in the supplemental draft, although he thinks some team might like him a little more than that.

“I would set the over-under line on the fourth round,” Mayock said. “Can somebody take him in the third round? Absolutely.”

One intriguing possibility Mayock threw out is that a team could take Pryor with the idea that he would make most of his plays with his legs, in the wildcat offense, and do just enough with his arm to keep defenses from stacking the line of scrimmage when Pryor takes the snap.

“The value for him as a rookie is in packages,” Mayock said. “I think the New York Jets are the best wildcat team in the NFL offensively. Why? Because Brad Smith can throw the football just well enough to keep you honest. That’s what I think this kid can do. He can be a package quarterback in Year One while you develop his skill set.”

What remains to be seen is whether NFL teams view Pryor as a player who’s willing to put in the work to develop his skill set, or whether he’s viewed as more trouble than the raw talent is worth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ourth-rounder/

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor, believes Pryor will be a first-round pick in the supplemental draft.

A slightly more objective observer, NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, is skeptical.

Mayock said on Total Access that after studying tape of Pryor, the most likely outcome is a team using a fourth-round pick to get Pryor in the supplemental draft, although he thinks some team might like him a little more than that.

“I would set the over-under line on the fourth round,” Mayock said. “Can somebody take him in the third round? Absolutely.”

One intriguing possibility Mayock threw out is that a team could take Pryor with the idea that he would make most of his plays with his legs, in the wildcat offense, and do just enough with his arm to keep defenses from stacking the line of scrimmage when Pryor takes the snap.

“The value for him as a rookie is in packages,” Mayock said. “I think the New York Jets are the best wildcat team in the NFL offensively. Why? Because Brad Smith can throw the football just well enough to keep you honest. That’s what I think this kid can do. He can be a package quarterback in Year One while you develop his skill set.”

What remains to be seen is whether NFL teams view Pryor as a player who’s willing to put in the work to develop his skill set, or whether he’s viewed as more trouble than the raw talent is worth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ourth-rounder/
    I could see the Raiders putting a third round claim in on T Pryor. They have their starting QB In Jason Campbell. Al Saunders their OC s not calling the plays(hue Jackson will) so he can dedicate more of his time to developing a T Pryor.
    Raiders can use T pryor when they go with their wildcat.

Qb T Pryor Backfield d Mcfadden , Taiwan Jones/ M Bush Wr Jacoby Ford and DHB Thats alot of guys that can take it to the house anytime they get there hands on the football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I could see the Raiders putting a third round claim in on T Pryor. They have their starting QB In Jason Campbell. Al Saunders their OC s not calling the plays(hue Jackson will) so he can dedicate more of his time to developing a T Pryor.
    Raiders can use T pryor when they go with their wildcat.

Qb T Pryor Backfield d Mcfadden , Taiwan Jones/ M Bush Wr Jacoby Ford and DHB Thats alot of guys that can take it to the house anytime they get there hands on the football.
    isn't there a raidersinsider.com for this

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Losing seasons... that's about the only thing you can guarantee the Raiders will take to the house.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pryor has no shot in the NFL...

Don't get why anyone even bothers about him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see why a team wouldn't use at least a 4th rounder on Pryor.

I'm anything but a Pryor fan, but he was a very good player in college, and it's not like he's surrounded by weapons at Ohio State. He improved drastically over his college career, and they placed more and more responsibility in his hands. He had 27 TDs on 323 attempts and only 22-23% of his completions were to his running backs last year. Given his physical attributes, I don't see how he would have been worse than a 3rd round pick had he been able to return to school. If he took another step forward, he could have played his way into the 1st round. I've watched enough of him to know that arm strength isn't an issue. His character flags are accepting gifts and driving with a suspended license. It's something, but as far as red flags go, they're relatively minor.

If Cam Newton is a #1 overall pick, Jake Locker is a top 10 pick, and Tim Tebow and Christian Ponder are 1st round picks; you're going to tell me that Pryor isn't worth a 4th rounder to someone? A team is going to find a better player in the 4th round next year? Really?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Dolphins fans across the country are having conniption fits right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any team that was willing to go Cam in the 1st will take Pryor in a heart beat I would think. They are almost the same exact guy. Both are athletic freaks that throw like Boomber and have massive character issues. Neither will ever be anything great but hay they are electric players that will put fans in the stands. As far as prospects go I actually had Pryor ranked a little higher because he secures the ball a little better. Either way he should get looks from at least 7 teams with picks. You can find a guy like John Brantley in the 4th next year but Pryor is worth the pick this year. If teams are willing to waist a 1st on the scrubs that went way early this year then yeah why not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Any team that was willing to go Cam in the 1st will take Pryor in a heart beat I would think. They are almost the same exact guy. Both are athletic freaks that throw like Boomber and have massive character issues. Neither will ever be anything great but hay they are electric players that will put fans in the stands. As far as prospects go I actually had Pryor ranked a little higher because he secures the ball a little better. Either way he should get looks from at least 7 teams with picks. You can find a guy like John Brantley in the 4th next year but Pryor is worth the pick this year. If teams are willing to waist a 1st on the scrubs that went way early this year then yeah why not.
    Also don't forget how we judge Qbs(what there career record and there record against top opponets been. IF thats the criteria for mark Sanchez, than why dosen't T Pryor get the same consideration. Well we know why because hes not wearing a Jet uniform.

T Pryor makes sense alot early for some team as he can help out in another area( TE, Wr ) while he works on his craft as a QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Any team that was willing to go Cam in the 1st will take Pryor in a heart beat I would think. They are almost the same exact guy. .
    Pryor isn't half the thrower that Newton is... people underrate Cam's arm. He's got a rocket and very accurate (66% at Auburn).

I'd put Pryor's value at 6th rd pick. Maybe 7th. 4th like Mayock is saying is too high for a player w.o a true position.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Pryor isn't half the thrower that Newton is... people underrate Cam's arm. He's got a rocket and very accurate (66% at Auburn).

I'd put Pryor's value at 6th rd pick. Maybe 7th. 4th like Mayock is saying is too high for a player w.o a true position.
    Pryor completed 65% of his passes. The defenses weren't as good, but the weather conditions late in year were also far less favorable for passing.

Newton threw 25 passes in a game twice last season. Pryor threw 25 passes 9 times. So whose coaches had more faith in them being able to throw the ball?

Newton ran 264 times last year, Pryor ran 135 times. Who's more willing to stick in the pocket rather than take off at the first sign of trouble? Both averaged 5.6 yards per carry, for the record.

Who almost exclusively ran a read-option offense and who didn't?

Newton would have been a 1st round pick if: A) he had gone Cam Newton and relied almost entirely on his athleticism in college; or B) His coach would have given up on trying to teach him how to be a quarterback and just let him "do what he does" in an effort to save his job/get a new contract (I think you can find a quote of Mack Brown saying something to the effect of "I just quit trying to coach him and let Vince be Vince." It worked out well for Mack's bank account, not so well for Vince's pro career.)

I also don't know how anyone could have concerns about Pryor's arm strength. He can fling it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    National gave Pryor a 6th/7th round grade.

The multi-dimensional Big Ten standout received a grade of 5.1 from National, ranking him as sixth-round to seventh-round material heading into what would have been his senior year, according to an NFL source with access to the grades.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-material.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know Pryor was supposed to end up in this draft. when is it announced or declared that these guys are eligible for this?