Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Supplemental Draft - T. Pryor

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    National gave Pryor a 6th/7th round grade.
    Last year, Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara received the top grade from National.

    It was a 7.3 for him as well as Iowa defensive end Adrian Clayborn followed by Boston College linebacker Mark Herzlich (7.2), who went undrafted following his bout with cancer, Miami defensive end Allen Bailey (6.9), Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller (6.9, Pitt defensive Greg Romeus (6.8), North Carolina defensive tackle Marvin Austin (6.7), Florida State quarterback Christian Ponder (6.7), Washington quarterback Jake Locker (6.7), Oregon State defensive tackle Stephen Paea (6.5), Boston College offensive tackle Anthony Castonzo (6.5) and Mississippi State defensive end Pernell McPhee (6.4) and Penn State offensive lineman Stefen Wisniewski (6.4).
    They're professionals and are undoubtedly very good at what they do, but after reading that, I feel OK with disagreeing with their assessment.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Report: Pryor ineligible for supplemental draft


  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pryor's lawyer, Larry James, explained to the AP that his client was not trying to cheat the system by declaring himself for the draft in late-May.

    "I don't think anybody on this planet who's paying attention to this thought Terrelle was attempting to game the system" by leaving school early for the NFL, James said.



    I have to say that I 100% agree with that, even as a Pryor hater. The guy wasn't trying to get around the normal draft. Before the entire mess unfolded, I believe he had every intention of playing his last 7 games of his career under Tressel.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pryor wrote on Twitter after Clayton (the source for that article) said he was ineligible:

    As soon as I get updated on supp draft, from a real source, I'll let you guys know! God Bless

    No no shots at kind sir Mr Clayton! Just when I hear it from my source @RosenhausSports ! have blessed weekend and safe!

    Maybe he's not ineligible yet?

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Supplemental draft

    anyone the Jets should be looking at?

    any pass rushers?

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AdamSchefterOnly two players eligible for supplemental draft so far are Georgia RB Caleb King and N. Illinois DB Tracy Wilson. No word yet on T. Pryor.

    King has serious talent. Very highly recruited coming out of HS. If we needed a RB it would be a no brainer. But we don't.

    Don't know anything about Tracy Wilson tho.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFL: Supplemental draft has been postponed. What the f am I supposed to do with the rented catering hall?

    https://twitter.com/#!/EricStangel

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    NFL: Supplemental draft has been postponed. What the f am I supposed to do with the rented catering hall?

    https://twitter.com/#!/EricStangel
    90210 must be going bonkers with the Raiders getting Pryor, funny haven't seen any of his wild homer-sectual rants lately

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    90210 must be going bonkers with the Raiders getting Pryor, funny haven't seen any of his wild homer-sectual rants lately
    The Raiders once again proved how big of a joke they are. How the f*ck does anyone waste a 3rd round pick on yet another Brad Smith clone like Terrelle Pryor? Tim Teabag, Pat White, and now Terrelle Pryor have all made millions and forged NFL careers based on this ridiculous belief that teams need to waste roster spots and money on specific QB's just to run the wildcat offense.

    T-Pryor sucks. So does Tebow and Brad "I just Conned The Bills into Giving Me $15 million" Smith.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    The Raiders once again proved how big of a joke they are. How the f*ck does anyone waste a 3rd round pick on yet another Brad Smith clone like Terrelle Pryor? Tim Teabag, Pat White, and now Terrelle Pryor have all made millions and forged NFL careers based on this ridiculous belief that teams need to waste roster spots and money on specific QB's just to run the wildcat offense.

    T-Pryor sucks. So does Tebow and Brad "I just Conned The Bills into Giving Me $15 million" Smith.
    T Pryor was a no brainer for any team and even if he never turns out to be a NFL Caliber QB. Simple when your 6'5 235 and run a sub 4.4 forty . (not to mention the guy was one of the top power forward in the country) You tend to like his chances to make it as an NFL TE if he fails as a Qb. See Antonio Gates.

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    T Pryor was a no brainer for any team and even if he never turns out to be a NFL Caliber QB. Simple when your 6'5 235 and run a sub 4.4 forty . (not to mention the guy was one of the top power forward in the country) You tend to like his chances to make it as an NFL TE if he fails as a Qb. See Antonio Gates.
    The Raiders have already said they have every intent on making him a QB so obviously your own team doesn't agree with the whole "Next Antonio Gates" argument. Al Davis is obsessed with guys who have good 40 yard dash times I think he would use a 1st round pick on Usain Bolt if he could. I respect the fact that you are a loyal fan but c'mon a 3rd round pick on Pryor you gotta be kidding me.

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    The Raiders have already said they have every intent on making him a QB so obviously your own team doesn't agree with the whole "Next Antonio Gates" argument. Al Davis is obsessed with guys who have good 40 yard dash times I think he would use a 1st round pick on Usain Bolt if he could. I respect the fact that you are a loyal fan but c'mon a 3rd round pick on Pryor you gotta be kidding me.
    Yes Raiders are going to give Pryor ever chance to be an NFL QB. The point you missed is even if he fails at QB, they will simply make him a Te. So how many teams get a talent like that in the third round. Again the point bering if he busts out at QB, you still get a pretty big weapon at another position. No Brainer
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-28-2011 at 08:41 PM.

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Yes Raiders are going to give Pryor ever chance to be an NFL QB. The point you missed is even if he fails at QB, they will simply make him a Te. So how many teams get a talent like that in the third round. Again the point bering if he busts out at QB, you still get a pretty big weapon at another position. No Brainer
    So you're saying it's basically a lock that Terrelle Pryor becomes a pro bowl Tight End once he busts as a QB?

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    So you're saying it's basically a lock that Terrelle Pryor becomes a pro bowl Tight End once he busts as a QB?
    Lets see what he does at Qb first.(thats your opinion hes going to bust at QB- Jmo there more questions about his ability to play qb in the Nfl.

    See Antonio gates who never played college football and was never the basketball player T Pryor was. T Pryor was rated the seventh power forward in the Nation.(scouts tend to think that position power forward tend to make pretty good NFl Te candidtae) I like his chances to be a top Te or redzone offense weapon. To me thats why this pick was a no brainer for the raiders.

  15. #35
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    T Pryor was a no brainer for any team and even if he never turns out to be a NFL Caliber QB. Simple when your 6'5 235 and run a sub 4.4 forty . (not to mention the guy was one of the top power forward in the country) You tend to like his chances to make it as an NFL TE if he fails as a Qb. See Antonio Gates.
    How about see Matt Jones, people have been talking about the next Antonio Gates since Gates entered the league, a rare find.

    the Raiders may have the fastest 4x100 squad in the league, but the last time I checked this is football not track.

    Just suck baby. No 2nd 3rd or 4th next year, welcomes to Redskins West.

    Gonna need that 1st round pick for Mr Luck.

    God I Love stupid organizations, see Miami, Oakland, Buffalo, Cleveland.

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoejet View Post
    How about see Matt Jones, people have been talking about the next Antonio Gates since Gates entered the league, a rare find.

    the Raiders may have the fastest 4x100 squad in the league, but the last time I checked this is football not track.

    Just suck baby. No 2nd 3rd or 4th next year, welcomes to Redskins West.

    Gonna need that 1st round pick for Mr Luck.

    God I Love stupid organizations, see Miami, Oakland, Buffalo, Cleveland.
    Couple OF Points on matt Jones what position did he play- WR and Not TE.(had Te size but not weight 220) Second Matt Jones had a little drug problem that ruined his career. So who knows what matt Jones could have become if he just could say no. Also show me where M jones was ever the basketball player power forward that T Pryor was. (A gates was never the basketball player Pryor was - why Chargers took a chance on him when he never played football before )


    Again lets see if your opinion changes when you see the Raiders speed in week three. DMC and Taiwan Jones are going to be nightmare matchup problems for the jets defense. All day long with pass and run.


    Now on to raiders having no 2, third and fourth round pick. What do you think raiders are getting in compensation for losing N Asomugha(richest contract this year in FA) Zach Miller(got A gates type money) and R Gallery) Your looking at Third and fourth rounder.

    Now Raiders are getting Potential future QB- a year in their system before next year draft and Two guys that are going to be key players this year for that second. Future Rt Joe barksdale and a Rb (Taiwan Jones) that going to be a lethal weapon- people were makingh chris johnson references with this kid.)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-31-2011 at 11:32 AM.

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Couple OF Points on matt Jones what position did he play- WR and Not TE.(had Te size but not weight 220) Second Matt Jones had a little drug problem that ruined his career. So who knows what matt Jones could have become if he just could say no. Also show me where M jones was ever the basketball player power forward that T Pryor was. (A gates was never the basketball player Pryor was - why Chargers took a chance on him when he never played football before )


    Again lets see if your opinion changes when you see the Raiders speed in week three. DMC and Taiwan Jones are going to be nightmare matchup problems for the jets defense. All day long with pass and run.


    Now on to raiders having no 2, third and fourth round pick. What do you think raiders are getting in compensation for losing N Asomugha(richest contract this year in FA) Zach Miller(got A gates type money) and R Gallery) Your looking at Third and fourth rounder.

    Now Raiders are getting Potential future QB- a year in their system before next year draft and Two guys that are going to be key players this year for that second. Future Rt Joe barksdale and a Rb (Taiwan Jones) that going to be a lethal weapon- people were makingh chris johnson references with this kid.)



    You can't honestly believe even half of the **** that comes out of you mouth. It's just not possible.

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post



    You can't honestly believe even half of the **** that comes out of you mouth. It's just not possible.
    What part you having a hard time believing?????

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us