Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Talk 2011

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy **** Tevez to Corinthians for € 45 mil !!!!!!

If that isn't money laundering I don't know what is, how does a brasilian team spend €45 mil on a player?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Holy **** Tevez to Corinthians for € 45 mil !!!!!!

If that isn't money laundering I don't know what is, how does a brasilian team spend €45 mil on a player?
    That trade isn't happening anymore. Annonced by Corinthians.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ugh...

19 year old Costa Rican prospect, Joel Campbell, just turned down an offer from Arsenal.

yes, Arsenal from the Premier League, that Arsenal. and he turned them down.

says he wants to weigh his options after the U-20 World Cup.

this has "backfire" written all over it

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    ugh...

19 year old Costa Rican prospect, Joel Campbell, just turned down an offer from Arsenal.

That's not as crazy as it sounds. He'll have another year under his belt and a major competition as well. There are tons examples of bright 18-19 year prospects who go abroad and get buried in the depth chart (not to mention the tmptations of a major city). Picking the right team at the right time is important. I've never seen your guy play, but if you pick a top team like Arsenal you have to be head and shoulders above the rest (ie: Ronaldo-esque) to even sniff the field. Nasri took a while (1-2 years) before playing regularly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ugh...

Maybe he saw what happened to a guy like Altidore (@ Villareal) for the US and others. If he's going to be buried on the depth chart, it's not worth it to go there for the sake of being there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    That's not as crazy as it sounds. He'll have another year under his belt and a major competition as well. There are tons examples of bright 18-19 year prospects who go abroad and get buried in the depth chart (not to mention the tmptations of a major city). Picking the right team at the right time is important. I've never seen your guy play, but if you pick a top team like Arsenal you have to be head and shoulders above the rest (ie: Ronaldo-esque) to even sniff the field. Nasri took a while (1-2 years) before playing regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Maybe he saw what happened to a guy like Altidore (@ Villareal) for the US and others. If he's going to be buried on the depth chart, it's not worth it to go there for the sake of being there.
    valid point, but I look at it from the perspective of where Costa Rican prospects usually end up playing when they get to Europe: Norway, Ukraine, Austria, Greece, Belgium or the B leagues of the bigger markets.

it's really tough for our guys to crack the top leagues, and the few that have done it usually end up on a bottom-feeder. this was an opportunity to go to one of the top teams in one of the best leagues, playing under a coach who's great at developing offensive talent.

I hope he shines at the world cup and gets even better offers. but from what ive seen with other players, he could just as easily end up playing in Poland.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    valid point, but I look at it from the perspective of where Costa Rican prospects usually end up playing when they get to Europe: Norway, Ukraine, Austria, Greece, Belgium or the B leagues of the bigger markets.

it's really tough for our guys to crack the top leagues, and the few that have done it usually end up on a bottom-feeder. this was an opportunity to go to one of the top teams in one of the best leagues, playing under a coach who's great at developing offensive talent.

I hope he shines at the world cup and gets even better offers. but from what ive seen with other players, he could just as easily end up playing in Poland.
    I agree he should definitely try and crack into a top league, but maybe not Arsenal just for the sake of saying 'I'm at Arsenal'. A middle of the road team, but where he could be a starter would be wiser IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree he should definitely try and crack into a top league, but maybe not Arsenal just for the sake of saying 'I'm at Arsenal B!TCHES!!!!'. A middle of the road team, but where he could be a starter would be wiser IMO.

fixed

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    fixed
    LOL

Defintely better than "I'm in Khazakstan B*tches!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Defintely better than "I'm in Khazakstan B*tches!"
    POSSIBLY.

nobody really knows what's going on. latest rumors say that there's an agreement "in principle" with Arsenal that will be finalized after the U-20 World Cup.

supposedly there's an out clause on both sides: from Arsenal, in case he gets hurt in the WC, and from Campbell if he has a great tournament and gets better offers as a result.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've signed Felipe Melo from Juve on loan.

Not sure how I feel about it, we haven't been lucky with our Brazilians the past few years; Elano, Jo, Lincoln they all came to us with good CV's and all sucked.

We'll see I guess

Oh and drew 0-0 with Inter last night in a friendly, the team looked much better than the clowns that suited up for us last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven’t been this psyched in 10 years. Besides Menez, you guys prolly haven’t heard of them but they are all very good recruits.

We’ve signed:
    Kevin Gameiro – Was THE guy everyone wanted to signed, and he chose PSG. Already a few caps on the National squad. Led the league in goals, very Ribery-esque
    Jeremy Menez – Signed from Roma. Will replace Ludovic Giuly.
    Blaise Matuidi – Top defensive midfielder who will replace Claude Makelele

All these guys already have a few caps on the national team, and could be part of the Euro squad next year.

More signings to come. Maybe a Brazilian..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven’t been this psyched in 10 years. Besides Menez, you guys prolly haven’t heard of them but they are all very good recruits.

We’ve signed:
    Kevin Gameiro – Was THE guy everyone wanted to signed, and he chose PSG. Already a few caps on the National squad. Led the league in goals, very Ribery-esque
    Jeremy Menez – Signed from Roma. Will replace Ludovic Giuly.
    Blaise Matuidi – Top defensive midfielder who will replace Claude Makelele

All these guys already have a few caps on the national team, and could be part of the Euro squad next year.

More signings to come. Maybe a Brazilian..
    well I should hope so...you'll need someone that will actually show up to the game instead of whining like a baby refusing to get off the bus, with all those french dudes in the team

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    well I should hope so...you'll need someone that will actually show up to the game instead of whining like a baby refusing to get off the bus, with all those french dudes in the team
    Don't you have some games to rig?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you have some games to rig?

You actually have the audacity to lump me in with those sub human life forms (a.k.a fenerbahce fans) is deeply distubing.

Even trash talk has its limits mate. I mean I'm a real person with a real keyboard at the end of the day, or something like that. You didn't need to be so cruel. If my name was Timmy I'd be crying as if I'd seen a chicken.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You actually have the audacity to lump me in with those sub human life forms (a.k.a fenerbahce fans) is deeply distubing.

Even trash talk has its limits mate. I mean I'm a real person with a real keyboard at the end of the day, or something like that. You didn't need to be so cruel. If my name was Timmy I'd be crying as if I'd seen a chicken.
    LOL. You poke me, I drop atomic bomb. Where's the problem?

How is the whole investigation going? Could the season be impacted?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. You poke me, I drop atomic bomb. Where's the problem?

How is the whole investigation going? Could the season be impacted?
    It has already impacted the season, it was supposed to start on the 5th of August it has now been postponed until beginning of September to allow for the judgement phase we'll see but it looks like from the press reports the buttwipes will play in the second divison next year along with 4-5 other teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It has already impacted the season, it was supposed to start on the 5th of August it has now been postponed until beginning of September to allow for the judgement phase we'll see but it looks like from the press reports the buttwipes will play in the second divison next year along with 4-5 other teams.
    Wow, that's huge (no homo).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They would loose the Champions League too right? That's what happened to Juventus and Fiorentina a few years ago. But it's kind of late to be changing those things now right?

I havn't read about this issue at all so pardon my ignorance here. Which are the other teams involved? Is it possible you could get bumped up to at least a Europa League spot?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that's huge (no homo).
    LOL. Madem Türksün göster ürksün...Google translate it b*****h

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    They would loose the Champions League too right? That's what happened to Juventus and Fiorentina a few years ago. But it's kind of late to be changing those things now right?

I havn't read about this issue at all so pardon my ignorance here. Which are the other teams involved? Is it possible you could get bumped up to at least a Europa League spot?
    The problem is our scandal broke a little to late for any replacement teams to go to European competition. The preparatory phase hasn't even been fifnished yet by the DA on the criminal side, and the FA has just received some documents last week to start the football discipline phase.

From what has been leaked to the press It looks like Fenerbahce, Besiktas, Trabzonspor, Sivasspor are gone for sure and maybe also Eskisehirspor and Bucaspor. These are the teams that have been reported so far.

The first three are three of the biggest clubs in Turkey so there is real reluctance on the part of FA to drop them a division but from what the press reports the evidence seems overwhelming.

The funny thing is all the sewerbird supporters have almost come to terms with playing in the second division but what they can't accept is that we are not a part of anything. I guess it's just our luck to go thru the worst year in our history last year and not have any reason o get involved in this ****.

Aside from getting to make fun of the mother****ers endlessly

http://www.harbioyuncu.com/prison-br...rim-oyunu.html

(here's a link of the game prison break aziz - where you try to help Aziz Yıldırım their match fixing son-of-a-whore president escape from jail there are a million of these but its all in Turkish ) I'm sincerely hopeful that football will be cleaned up in Turkey.

The government seems hell bent on doing that. The PM - who is a member of the Fenerbahce Sporting Club - actually has been very aggressive in his support of the investigation. This all came about because of a new law that passed last April to clean up the stadiums and football so it's going to be bad for a while but at the end of the day I hope we'll get to watch a clean league. Of course the problem can't go away entireley as long as you can bet on the matches, it's just too lucrative for the mafia and I'm betting it goes on in every league to some extent, but you do what you can.