Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Talk 2011

Veteran
    Where's black death?

If L'pool doesn't pick their pace up soon I think he might want to take an hiatus from watching them. They were brutal last night we beat them, admitedly mostly a reserve team, 3-0 without even breaking a sweat.

Jets Insider VIP
    And the list continues to grow

We also picked up Momo Sissoko from juve, and Salvatore Sirigu GK from Palermo.
    Rumors have it we've made a 45 M€ offer for Javier Pastore. Deal apparently has been reached.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    And the list continues to grow

We also picked up Momo Sissoko from juve, and Salvatore Sirigu GK from Palermo.
    Rumors have it we've made a 45 M€ offer for Javier Pastore. Deal apparently has been reached.
    so you're into the money laundering business too eh? Sissoko is a good signing IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Javier Pastore is now signed. That's around 100 M€ spent this offseason.

Admittedly I'd practically never heard of Pastore before and 45 M€ is prolly a way over market price, but who cares!!

The talk now is "you can't buy a championship..blablabla, they still have play as a team"

This year it's the title or bust.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Javier Pastore is now signed. That's around 100 M€ spent this offseason.

Admittedly I'd practically never heard of Pastore before and 45 M€ is prolly a way over market price, but who cares!!

The talk now is "you can't buy a championship..blablabla, they still have play as a team"

This year it's the title or bust.
    +1

Has Man City been able to buy a championship yet? Even Chelsea has not goten a fair return on their investment IMHO.

The fact is no one likes a big spender couple that with the fact that everyone in France that's not from Paris hates parisians you guys are going to have a target on your backs all season. I'm not saying it will cost you a title but you will probably have the hardest way to the title.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    +1

Has Man City been able to buy a championship yet? Even Chelsea has not goten a fair return on their investment IMHO.

The fact is no one likes a big spender couple that with the fact that everyone in France that's not from Paris hates parisians you guys are going to have a target on your backs all season. I'm not saying it will cost you a title but you will probably have the hardest way to the title.
    I'm actually just happy that PSG/Ligue1 is attractive again for young players on the rise. Hopefully other teams with wealthy owners will also open up the checkbooks and bring in some better players.

And I agree, chances are we will choke under pressure.Same Old PSG.

Still, it makes thes eason more exciting to watch

that's A LOT of money for Pastore.

hope it works out b/c i like PSG, but i don't think he's worth anywhere near that much.

maybe they can sign Braylon Edwards? ZOMG he would dominate teh soccer!!1!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    that's A LOT of money for Pastore.

hope it works out b/c i like PSG, but i don't think he's worth anywhere near that much.

maybe they can sign Braylon Edwards? ZOMG he would dominate teh soccer!!1!!!
    It looks like Campbell is getting a second chance with Arsenal by the way.

I'm surprised too. It seems like this guy or his family have mercenary written all over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    It looks like Campbell is getting a second chance with Arsenal by the way.

I'm surprised too. It seems like this guy or his family have mercenary written all over them.
    yeah, nobody really knows what's going on there.

Campbell had a nice game yesterday at the U-20 world cup, 2 goals and 1 assist in a 3-2 win vs. Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjk00f-lFLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OGK8...eature=related

Veteran
    Our captain Arda Turan has been transferred to Atletico Madrid for 12 Mio €

He was getting very complacent I'm glad he's gone, the press is reporting we're bringing in Andrei Arshavin to replace him who is a better player anyway so a win-win.

All League
    rumors of Eto'o going to Anzhi Makhachkala in russia for around 20 million per season
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-agent?cc=5901

WOW

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Was he not called up for the usmnt vs Mexico friendly, or just not play?

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Was he not called up for the usmnt vs Mexico friendly, or just not play?
    Called up but not in uniform yesterday.

Veteran
    3 signings in 2 days...

we got Emmanuel Eboue from Arsenal, Kader Keita from Qatar (last year we sold him to the Qatar team for 8 mio euros this year we're loaning him back for 800 k lol) and a local guy from Trabzonspor called engin Baytar who plays Arda Turan's position, not as talented but not bad either.

If the league ever starts it looks like we're going to have a nice team

All League
    eto deal done

inter gets 38 million from Anzhi Makhachkala and eto gets 3 years at 28.8 mil per, almost double what ronaldo and messi get...absolutely insane

Veteran
    Kader Keita's transfer fell through beause of Arabs being Aarabs, they hiked the price up at the last minute.

RD remember this:

WLF is Podolski doing there? The guy plays well once every four years in the national team I wouldn't even want him on Galatasaray in real life.

LOL

it seems we're signing him today for about 8 or 9 mio € and paying him about 3 mio €annually, oh well I guess he'll be ok in the Turkish league

Jets Insider VIP
    Kader Keita's transfer fell through beause of Arabs being Aarabs, they hiked the price up at the last minute.

RD remember this:

LOL

it seems we're signing him today for about 8 or 9 mio € and paying him about 3 mio €annually, oh well I guess he'll be ok in the Turkish league
    LOL

He'll be the new Kewell (he left right?)

Jets Insider VIP

RD remember this:

LOL

LOL

He'll be the new Kewell (he left right?)