Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Talk 2011

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    LOL

He'll be the new Kewell (he left right?)
    Yep, he went to melbourn

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to sources, Lugano is coming to Paris.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Done deal.

Woohoo!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has any American player's stock fallen further than Michael Bradley in 2011

He came out of the World Cup as widely regarded as having a great WC. Started out playing every day in Germany, transferred to Aston Villa in January, and couldn't get into the 18. And now he's languishing and it's highly likely he won't be anywhere (Borussia doesn't want anything to do with him, it seems) and can't move until January.

Keeping to Nepotism jokes aside (a ridiculously overrated conspiracy theory, IMO) what happened here? He's a young player and should see time somewhere, he was performing at least at a decent level for the last 3 years in Germany, starting 30+ games each year, and has made a name for himself wherever he's gone (MLS, Holland, Germany).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Has any American player's stock fallen further than Michael Bradley in 2011

He came out of the World Cup as widely regarded as having a great WC. Started out playing every day in Germany, transferred to Aston Villa in January, and couldn't get into the 18. And now he's languishing and it's highly likely he won't be anywhere (Borussia doesn't want anything to do with him, it seems) and can't move until January.

Keeping to Nepotism jokes aside (a ridiculously overrated conspiracy theory, IMO) what happened here? He's a young player and should see time somewhere, he was performing at least at a decent level for the last 3 years in Germany, starting 30+ games each year, and has made a name for himself wherever he's gone (MLS, Holland, Germany).
    Heh.

Spoke too soon, perhaps. Not the best landing spot in the world. But I don't beleive there are any Americans in Serie A, a mid-level team in Italy isn't the worst thing for him, as long as he can get on the field.

Michael Bradley was left off the U.S. mens' national team roster for the upcoming friendlies so as to allow him to find a resolution for his club situation. Bradley appears to have found that resolution, and it will take him to Italy.

According to multiple reports out of Italy, Bradley is on the verge of joining Chievo Verona from Borussia Moenchengladbach. The move is expected to be a permanent one, and the reported transfer fee agreed upon by the two clubs is around $2.89 million.

Chievo finished in 11th place in Serie A last season. The club kicks off its postponed season on Sept. 11 against Novara Calcio.
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b....html#comments

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

sick signing.

he's awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heh.

Spoke too soon, perhaps. Not the best landing spot in the world. But I don't beleive there are any Americans in Serie A, a mid-level team in Italy isn't the worst thing for him, as long as he can get on the field.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b....html#comments
    Serie A could be a great spot for Bradley.

the Italians really know how to use a player with his skill set.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like every year there's a rumor of someone going to a big EPL team... Wtih that in mind, this move does seem logical.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news;...isseriousconte

Arsenal has a realistic chance of signing Fulham midfielder Clint Dempsey as the team desperately searches for valuable players as the transfer window comes to a close.

A source close to the player told Goal.com that Arsenal will acquire Dempsey within the next 48 hours as long as Fulham does not set the price too high.

Fulham does not want to sell the club's key attacker but privately accepts that it will be unable to fend off Arsenal if the north Londoners match the value of $16.3 million for the American, who is highly regarded at Craven Cottage and has two years remaining on his contract.

The Gunners made their initial move for Dempsey before Sunday's 8-2 humiliation at Manchester United after Arsene Wenger identified the American's versatility and experience as qualities that can improve his threadbare squad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like every year there's a rumor of someone going to a big EPL team... Wtih that in mind, this move does seem logical.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news;...isseriousconte
    16M$ for Dempsey?!

That's like spending 45 MÄ on Pastore..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    16M$ for Dempsey?!

That's like spending 45 MÄ on Pastore..
    they're essentially trading Dempsey for Bryan Ruiz, Costa Rican striker currently playing for FC Twente.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-accepted.html

also, Arsenal couldn't secure the labor permits for Joel Campbell, so he got sent on loan to Lorient for the foreseeable future.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...ient-loan-deal

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    also, Arsenal couldn't secure the labor permits for Joel Campbell, so he got sent on loan to Lorient for the foreseeable future.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...ient-loan-deal
    He'll be a long way from Kansas, but that's not such a bad place to be. Gourcuff (father) is an awesome coach and works miracles every year with one of the smallest budgets in L1. His teams play ball with a lot of movement. If he adapts to the scenery and weather, he should be OK. He'll no doubt be bummed from going from an Arsenal recruit to going to buttf*ck, France.

I'll keep you posted as to how he's doing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He'll be a long way from Kansas, but that's not such a bad place to be. Gourcuff (father) is an awesome coach and works miracles every year with one of the smallest budgets in L1. His teams play ball with a lot of movement. If he adapts to the scenery and weather, he should be OK. He'll no doubt be bummed from going from an Arsenal recruit to going to buttf*ck, France.

I'll keep you posted as to how he's doing.
    i think the French league will be a good fit for him, and should be a good place for him to transition from our ****ty-as-****ty can be league to playing at the European level.

what really matters at this point is that he gets consistent minutes and continues to develop, and i think Lorient is a good spot for that.

Lorient also has two other guys from the CR U-20 team on their second squad, Mynor Escoe and Jordan Smith. both very promising players, as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lorient also has two other guys from the CR U-20 team on their second squad, Mynor Escoe and Jordan Smith. both very promising players, as well.
    That's good news that he has 2 compatriots with him. Sometimes South/Central American players, especially young ones, get depressed during the winter here and from being far from home. Having 2 other CR players is a smart move by Lorient.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done deal.

Woohoo!
    sick signing.

he's awesome.

LOL the fire sale continues; Niang has just been sold to some qatar team and Andre Santos has been signed by Arsenal.

re. Lugano; He is a good signing in particular for 3 mio €s which was his release clause, he'll score about 8-10 goals per season from set pieces if you have someone who can serve him the ball, he'll be a great captain type player that focuses the team and sets them straight even if he is not the actual captain. His cons; he'll be red carded about 3-4 times a season at least, sometimes after set pieces he'll forget to come back to defend and at least 2-3 times a season he'll make the dumbest most frustrating mistakes.

But all in all you'll love him L'OM supporters will hate him.

Oh and we've just signed Albert Riera from Olimpiacos former l'pool man and fringe spanish international.
    Last edited by The Turk; 09-06-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    LOL the fire sale continues; Niang has just been sold to some qatar team and Andre Santos has been signed by Arsenal.
    Man, it'll take years for them to get back to par. Are they being sent down to 2nd division? If not, they should.

But all in all you'll love him L'OM supporters will hate him.
    Music to my ears

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, it'll take years for them to get back to par. Are they being sent down to 2nd division? If not, they should.
    It looks like eventually they are going to be sent down but the TFF has said that because there is a confidantialy order on the investigation they cannot obtain all of the evidence from the DA's office therefore they can't officially charge FB and others with anything yet. So they will start the season in 1st division but it looks like they'll be sent down about january or february. Which is even better because they'll lose next year as well that way

You know what's interesting almost every other team besides us and Trabzonspor who the bastards cheated out of the Championship this year are coming to the buttwipes' defence because they are afraid of loss of revenue. The idiots cannot see what's in front of them. I'm just thankful this thing is so big UEFA got involved so now I have every confidence that they'll drop the asshats if they have actually cheated.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    You know what's interesting almost every other team besides us and Trabzonspor who the bastards cheated out of the Championship this year are coming to the buttwipes' defence because they are afraid of loss of revenue. The idiots cannot see what's in front of them. I'm just thankful this thing is so big UEFA got involved so now I have every confidence that they'll drop the asshats if they have actually cheated.
    Meh, I wouldn't trust FIFA, UEFA or any football federation any more than I would trust Bellichik with a video camera.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meh, I wouldn't trust FIFA, UEFA or any football federation any more than I would trust Bellichik with a video camera.
    I agree I'm not saying UEFA will drop them because its the right thing to do

I'm saying UEFA loves money and they know even the smallest hint of cheating willl throw a huge monkey wrench in their money machine so they'll put pressure on the Turkish FA to drop the cheating scumbags for purely selfish reasons. If it was only the Turkish FA they would've gotten away with a slap on the wrist at best, because admittedly they are one of the two money makers in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's good news that he has 2 compatriots with him. Sometimes South/Central American players, especially young ones, get depressed during the winter here and from being far from home. Having 2 other CR players is a smart move by Lorient.
    of course, now that Campbell is in Lorient, the other two players have been called back to CR to play with the first squad of their original Costa Rican team.

figures

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    of course, now that Campbell is in Lorient, the other two players have been called back to CR to play with the first squad of their original Costa Rican team.

figures
    Ru-roh