Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Does Guardiola Have to Change Clubs to Prove His Talent?

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Does Guardiola Have to Change Clubs to Prove His Talent?

    Probably the same question can be asked for the Xavi, Iniesta, Messi...

    For Guardiola, if he cares at all about his coaching legacy, he needs to change clubs and win. Barca is so loaded with smart, gifted players that have been playing together since they were teens, a chimp could coach them. Granted, their bench is slim compared to Real, but still I don't think his impact is as important as any other coach who has to create a philosophy and team identity.

    As for the players, I would be curious to see what they're able to do without one another. On the other hand, I don't think in my lifetime I'll see the level of play they deliver, so as a fan I hope they stay together as long as possible.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes.


    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Probably the same question can be asked for the Xavi, Iniesta, .

    No.


    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Messi...
    .
    maybe

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    How big of an ego does the guy have? I would guess until things go awry in Barcelona there's nothing compelling him to test the waters elsewhere.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    No.
    Why do Iniesta and Xavi get a pass?

    i've never seen them play without one another. Would they have the same influence on another team?

    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    How big of an ego does the guy have? I would guess until things go awry in Barcelona there's nothing compelling him to test the waters elsewhere.
    Like I said, if he cares about his legacy. Otherwise, he's a living God in Barcelona so life is good.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Why do Iniesta and Xavi get a pass?

    i've never seen them play without one another. Would they have the same influence on another team?



    Like I said, if he cares about his legacy. Otherwise, he's a living God in Barcelona so life is good.
    Xavi has been doing this since before Iniesta and Messi got to the Barcelona A team. And Both Xavi and Iniesta have proven themselves on the national team as well.

    Which is why Messi gets a maybe.

    As for Guardiola...pls. see the career of Rijkaard sans Barcelona...

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Xavi has been doing this since before Iniesta and Messi got to the Barcelona A team. And Both Xavi and Iniesta have proven themselves on the national team as well.
    Exactly my point. Together again on the national team as well.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Exactly my point. Together again on the national team as well.
    ..and 60% of the rest of Barcelona

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Exactly my point. Together again on the national team as well.
    You can't discriminate against them because they're both Spanish you racist....


  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    You can't discriminate against them because they're both Spanish you racist....

    If they had any ego, one of them would sign here or Galatasaray.

    Let's see how brilliant they'd be then.
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 06-01-2011 at 08:17 AM.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    If they had any ego, one of them would sign here or Galatasaray.

    Let's see how brilliant they'd be then.
    Lol yeah that'll be the day...

    To be honest I'd jizz my pants in extacy even if we got Busquets or Pedro to sign over here let alone one of the unworldly midget trio...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us